5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 420 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart phone batteries are a problem, period., December 20, 2011
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phone for weeks now. I picked it up on the release date. Partially because I got caught up in the hype partially because I had been using a 3 year old Blackberry for 8 weeks and I could not take another day. The phone performs well. As far as Android Phones go they all are pretty good now-a-days. I can understand people downgrading this phone because of it's battery life, but there aren't many touchscreen smart phones out there that last for days. (Including the iPhone) All of my iPhone using friends carry their chargers in their pocket or handbag because they can not truly use their phone and take advantage of all of it's features and have tons of battery life to spare before the day is up. I use the PowerGen 2900Mah backup battery to recharge my phone on the go. I now prefer this method of recharging over being tethered to a wall or a cigarette lighter. I can fit the phone and the PowerGen in my pants pocket and they take up less room & weigh less than my old keyboard Droid & Droid2 phones.PowerGen Black Mobile Juice Pack / External Battery Pack 2900mAh UltraSlim Power Bank Charger (with Build in Micro USB) for HTC Sensation 4G XE XL, EVO 3D, ThunderBolt, Inspire 4G, Sprint EVO, EVO Shift, Rezound / Motorola Arix, Triumph, Droid X 3 2 Bio...

The phone is fast, 4G is great, even though they are still working out kinks and it is a wonderful device. I really like the HDMI port on the phone. I can easily put my good looking videos taken with the phone on the TV with little effort. I picked up a HDMI cord from Amazon for around $3.99 and I recently used it to watch 0.99˘ rentals on a Hotel TV. (Beats the $7 movies offered there.)

I can't wait until the phone gets the ICS update.

I was saving an upgrade on my account to get the discounted price on the Nexus PRIME, but after touching the PRIME the Razr feels even more like a work of art. Metal & Kevlar Vs. Plastic, give me the metal frame with Gorilla Glass please. Plus I have the above mentioned HDMI port and the ability to add or swap microSD cards. I didn't feel the need to upgrade as soon as possible with the original droid, hopefully this phone will give me the same great service.

P.S. I dropped the phone today on concrete. It fared well. I only have a small chip in the paint along the metal frame. Once I wiped the white concrete dust off of the scratch it is barely noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but I love it, December 5, 2011
Sometimes when I'm reading reviews about the Droid Razr I wonder if there are two different phones out there by the same name. I love the darn thing.

No phone is perfect for all people, and thankfully there are a lot of great options out there for consumers to choose from. Having said that, I got Razr's for my wife and myself, and my coworker has one and we are all very happy with them.

I've heard complaints about the screen, looks great to me. The colors may be a bit over-saturated but I'm not studying the darn pixels, I'm browsing the web or watching a youtube vid or using tweetdeck or - heaven forbid - making a call! Screen looks great as far as I'm concerned.

This phone is FAST. It's fast at everything. Seriously. Sometimes it feels like the phone is reading my mind. Navigation, email, calendar, voicemail, web, everything is just lickety-split. The hardware and the LTE network combine for a great experience.

I love the profile. The phone looks sleek and modern, yet feels durable. Even in my Otterbox case it still feels slim.

Battery life has been great. I set up Smart Actions for shutting services down at night, etc. and I'm getting a full 24 hours on one charge for an average day - maybe 10-12 hours under heavy usage. Full charge in the morning gets me through the day. Yeah, I can't take the batter out, but I've never done that with a phone so it doesn't bother me a bit.

I guess people have gotten to a point where they are really interested in scrutinizing every little thing about today's smartphones, and that's fine. Bottom line to me though this is right up there with the best smartphones on the market.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed with a minor flaw, November 29, 2011
I've had the phone since launch and the RAZR surpassed my expectations in many ways. The design and features are top of the line, although many DROID fans are anticipating the NEXUS, this phone will not disappoint for those of you who just can't wait. Motorola does a decent job of their custom Launcher and it does lag a bit after loading it up with several apps, but it's nothing to complain about. Even if the animations have a slight lag to it, it's still snappy and responds very well to every action. The screen is amazing. It definitely lives up to Galaxy S2 standards and holds its own with its unique RAZR beveled design. The camera isn't too bad either. It has a very nice zoom feature and exposure control, along with stability assist. It does more than you need a phone camera to do.

Now for the bad. It's extremely large and flat which makes it uncomfortable to hold. Unless you have very large hands, you'll quickly find that the luxury of ultra thin isn't so appealing anymore.

Overall, the phone is great. It has wonderful built in features. It allows you to hide the bloatware. The screen is amazing. The call clarity and service is amazing. The phone is beautifully designed, minus the ergonomics. The biggest drawback is the inability to replace the battery. The phone can be a huge battery hog if you don't be careful and having to carry around a charger wherever you go really takes away from the slim design.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone except for battery, November 23, 2011
Samuel Abbe (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Previously owned a Droid X and a Casio Commando. Bought this because Commando's user interface is awful.

I love everything about this phone except for the battery. Droid Razr I have to charge twice a day and I've turned everything off except the email sync. My Commando and Droid X would last 1 to 2 days.

I really like how microSD card can be swapped w/o opening the battery case. Wish all phones were like this.

Since the battery is not replaceable I'm forced to seek out a charging location twice a day. This would have been more bearable if the battery were swappable. I use the phone about half as much as my kids use theirs. My monthly bill shows I rarely exceed even 1GB of data.

This phone is going to force me to top-off my charge everytime I stop somewhere, that repeated cycling will likely prematurely kill the battery even more.

In hindsight I wish I just got another Droid X b/c whats the point in having a phone if you don't have enough juice to make it through the day.

1.0 out of 5 stars POS of the highest magnitude, December 25, 2012
I have had this for a year and will never buy Motorola again!!!! It amazes me how it can run fine one day and be completely useless the next. When I say useless I mean you can not use period if you wanted to. As an example I was off work today and when I got up I disconnected from charger and had sitting beside me while reading newspaper. All of a sudden it started rebooting and would not stop until the battery was dead. I couldn't even get to finish a restart cycle before it restarted again. Finally it died, dead battery. I left it like that for a while. I plugged it in before I started getting ready for bed and it started rebooting again. I swear if I had $700 laying around for a new phone I would throw this Pile of censored foul language against a brick wall and then take a hammer to it until it was dust. I HATE HATE HATE HATE this phone so freaking BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST PHONE IN HISTORY OF PHONES!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Phone I Have Ever Had, December 19, 2012
I bought this phone when it first came out. I was excited and paid out right for a brand new phone. Got the phone and it was pretty and fun. Within one month of having this phone I was a little late getting it to the charger and it died completely. I plugged it in thinking oh it will charge and I'll come back and turn it on, as any normal person would assume. This was not the case. When I came back to my phone it was dead. It wouldn't turn on or light up at all. I took it back to he store I bought it from and they couldn't get it to come to life either.
Verizon told me the manufacturer would ship me out a 'refurbished' phone. I was very upset. I came in and paid cash for a brand new phone less than a month before and they couldn't do me the decency of replacing my product! But I held my tongue.
With in a month of having this refurbished phone yet again as if on cue the phone takes a turn for the worst. The screen completely freaks out, I had it set to where you can see where your finger is touching the screen, it makes a cool little circle around your finger. Well my phone decided hundred of invisible fingers were playing all over the screen. It was so over loaded I couldn't get it to do anything. Round two was over and Motorola quickly sent me out my third and current phone.
The phone I have now is still working only because when it decided it was going to turn off and escape into death - with out even completely losing batter life too I might add- I went to work preforming life saving techniques on the damn thing. I was able to get the phone turned on and charging by a some miracle. Now I never let my phone get even to the %10 battery life warning. I am currently looking for a cheap used phone to get me through untill my next upgrade. BUYER BEWARE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing overall, June 28, 2012
I was hesitant in getting into the whole smartphone phase so i thought i would hit the ground running when i went to the verizon store and said "what the best phone in this joint?" The clerk pointed to the droid razr 4G. So i bought it. So far AWESOME. Its crazy fast and does some awesome things that still amaze me. Battery life could use some work lol it lasts all day with moderate to heavy use and begins to die around 7 or 8. So i bought a car charger. Problem solved. It is a but uncomfortable because of the thinness but if you get the otterbox case with it like i did it feels better in the hand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Droid RAZR review from a Droid X owner, January 30, 2012
I'm part of the Verizon Wireless Ambassador Program where I am given a device for free in order to provide input.

I consider myself a very very basic user of smartphones and Android devices. I have both a Droid X (personally) and have playing around with the RAZR for a few days now. The RAZR is sleeker than the X for sure. Clearly it's thinner and lighter.

I received my RAZR with Android SW 2.3.5 on it. My X still has 2.3.3.

You'll probably be reading about the great call quality however, I have not been able to have a good call on the device yet. All my calls seem hollow and/or tinny. This was the exact same problem I had when I first activated my Droid X back in August 2010 and had to get it swapped out for a replacement.

If you're a data lover, then you're going to enjoy the 4G LTE. Downloads are fast but be warned! You will use your battery FAST! Battery usage should simply be a default expectation.

I thought the camera on my X was always blurry and didn't react in time for me to get the pictures I wanted. I have not seen this in the RAZR yet which is bonus since I use my phone as my camera.

Overall, it's a pretty OK phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm lovin' it, December 1, 2011
Okay, I might get in trouble from a certain fast food chain for the title of my review, but it's true, I am lovin' the Droid Razr. This is my first SmartPhone, (unless you count the old Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC).

I wasn't considering getting an Android based phone. I really wanted an iPhone. The Amazon Black Friday Sale was the deciding factor and I'm glad that I got the Razr. Several guys in my office also ordered the Razr and now have a "Razr Club" :)

I am enjoying using the Razr. It fits in my pocket, but I plan on getting a case. I really like the feel of the phone. Don't believe all those reviews about the poor camera quality. I really like the camera. This is a phone and is not intended as a camera replacement.

5 Stars! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite Android Superphone!!!, November 28, 2011
Ive been an Android user since the original G1. Moved on the Samsung Vibrant and G2. Made the move to the Verizon iPhone but realized how I miss Android. It was meant to be because I really wanted the RAZR especially after the very uninspiring Galaxy Nexus hardware and specs disappointed me. Lo and behold, Amazon has a penny smartphone sale so I know it was meant to be. I was stuck between this and the HTC Rezound but I am glad I chose the Droid Razr.

First thing you notice is the thinness of the phone. This phone is a beaut. I won't get into too much details since there are many other reviews. Ill just point out some stuff.

-Coming from the iPhone 4, the camera on this isn't great. That's not saying its bad but it's not as good as the iPhone 4's 5 megapixel.
-The 1080p video recorder on the other hand is absolutely stunning. You see details in the video especially on the phones SAMOLED screen. I love it.
-The screen is nice and vibrant. Much more vibrant than the iPhone 4. Not as sharp but Ill pick color over sharpness. Not disappointing and that was one of my biggest worry especially with the Rezound having a 720p screen and all.
-The hardware is awesome but it is light. That can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference. The iphone feels like an anchor compared with this.
-Battery life is a mixed feeling. One hand, you gotta understand that this is Android and we know how that is with the background syncing and what not always using power. Another thing people have to understand is that this is a 4g LTE device (which is a battery hog out the gate) and a dual core device. It's going to drain the battery. I leave 4g on with moderate use and I will get to 3-5 hours. That's bad especially since my iPhone 4 last a whole day and sometimes more. The SMART ACTION app is needed especially if you want to make the battery last.
-I've also been reading a lot of negative reviews of Motorola Skin....to be honest I thought it was gonna be bad but when I got some hands on time, it's actually fitting and I do like it. Don't get me wrong, Im a LauncherPro guy all the way but the skin fits here. It goes with the overall appeal of the phone. I love the animations and icons. Preference here. If you don't like it, you can always use a Launcher of your liking.
Overall I am happy with my purchase and I would recommend this to anybody....

One thing I know is a battery killer is the phone connecting to 3g and 4g LTE. One way for me to save my battery at home is to set a Smart Action when Im at my home network to disable cellular data and whatever else you want to. Does a lot to improve battery, There's no need to be on wifi and have the phone switching from 3g to 4g wasting battery at the same time. Get a 4g toggle off widget as well. 4G is great but you're not going to be using it the whole entire time so might as well turn it off so you can save some battery.

Another thing I do when Im at work to make sure I have enough juice to last (in case of an emergency I do decide to use the "phone" feature lol)..I set up a smart action with the trigger of "Display Off". Whenever the display is off, I have it turn off data, background data, gps and whatever else pleases you. Turning this all off when the phone display is off helps the battery out a lot and everything turns back on when you turn it on so its very convenient. This may bother some because then it means you can't get certain type of push notification (like myself, I use Kik and Google Voice) until you turn the display on but Im at work so I can only check at break time and lunch anyways so no biggy for me.

This Smart Action is pretty cool and I wish there were some more triggers and etc...

I haven't used Motorola since my Nextel days and now that I have this Droid Razr, you can welcome me back for good. Looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich and since Google is in the process of purchasing Moto...i expect the entire updating process to be a whole lot zippier. If not, we'll always have XDA...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 420 | Next ›