5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 420 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Phone In the World, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This was the first smart phone I've purchased and man am I angry. I had a choice between this and an Iphone, wish I would have gotten the Iphone. This is the worst phone I've ever owned. The battery life is terrible, I cant even make a semi-long phone call in the middle of the day without it dying before I even get home. The vibration only decides to work when it feels like it. The screen also has a mind of its own and works correctly when it wants to. It will literally take the chrome app so long to open that the screen will shut off if you don't keep moving your finger and even then it will take another 10 minutes for the keyboard to come up and by the time everything loads you forget what you wanted to do! It comes pre-installed with ridiculous apps that use data and don't let you uninstall. Nothing about this phone is simple. Oh you want to add music? first you need to install a Motocast app, then you need to browse 1000 folders to find the music folder and then finally maybe you can add music. Oh wait theres also multiple music apps that come preinstalled lets check them all to see which one is better. seriously? I still have yet to find a way to put pictures onto my computer because the only folder i see is screenshots.The only good thing i can say about this phone is that I like the panoramic pictures it takes. I can't say it has any other redeemable features.
Don't waste your money on this horrible product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but I love it, December 5, 2011
Sometimes when I'm reading reviews about the Droid Razr I wonder if there are two different phones out there by the same name. I love the darn thing.

No phone is perfect for all people, and thankfully there are a lot of great options out there for consumers to choose from. Having said that, I got Razr's for my wife and myself, and my coworker has one and we are all very happy with them.

I've heard complaints about the screen, looks great to me. The colors may be a bit over-saturated but I'm not studying the darn pixels, I'm browsing the web or watching a youtube vid or using tweetdeck or - heaven forbid - making a call! Screen looks great as far as I'm concerned.

This phone is FAST. It's fast at everything. Seriously. Sometimes it feels like the phone is reading my mind. Navigation, email, calendar, voicemail, web, everything is just lickety-split. The hardware and the LTE network combine for a great experience.

I love the profile. The phone looks sleek and modern, yet feels durable. Even in my Otterbox case it still feels slim.

Battery life has been great. I set up Smart Actions for shutting services down at night, etc. and I'm getting a full 24 hours on one charge for an average day - maybe 10-12 hours under heavy usage. Full charge in the morning gets me through the day. Yeah, I can't take the batter out, but I've never done that with a phone so it doesn't bother me a bit.

I guess people have gotten to a point where they are really interested in scrutinizing every little thing about today's smartphones, and that's fine. Bottom line to me though this is right up there with the best smartphones on the market.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed with a minor flaw, November 29, 2011
I've had the phone since launch and the RAZR surpassed my expectations in many ways. The design and features are top of the line, although many DROID fans are anticipating the NEXUS, this phone will not disappoint for those of you who just can't wait. Motorola does a decent job of their custom Launcher and it does lag a bit after loading it up with several apps, but it's nothing to complain about. Even if the animations have a slight lag to it, it's still snappy and responds very well to every action. The screen is amazing. It definitely lives up to Galaxy S2 standards and holds its own with its unique RAZR beveled design. The camera isn't too bad either. It has a very nice zoom feature and exposure control, along with stability assist. It does more than you need a phone camera to do.

Now for the bad. It's extremely large and flat which makes it uncomfortable to hold. Unless you have very large hands, you'll quickly find that the luxury of ultra thin isn't so appealing anymore.

Overall, the phone is great. It has wonderful built in features. It allows you to hide the bloatware. The screen is amazing. The call clarity and service is amazing. The phone is beautifully designed, minus the ergonomics. The biggest drawback is the inability to replace the battery. The phone can be a huge battery hog if you don't be careful and having to carry around a charger wherever you go really takes away from the slim design.

1.0 out of 5 stars completely died 1 month after waranty expired, February 18, 2013
I had this phone for about 13 months and was generally happy with it. One day out of nowhere it just went dead. At first I thought the battery was empty but I wasn't able to charge it up again. I saw the white LED come on sometimes but it still never turned back on. I took it to Verizon but they couldn't do anything besides try to reset it. Since it was out of warranty and I wasn't eligible for an upgrade they would have charged ~$600 to replace it. I instead switched back to my old flip phone. Eventually I got around to ordering a new battery for the Razr and installed it following instructions I found online. This still did not fix the problem. As a last ditch effort I even connected the phone's battery leads to an external 3.8V power supply but still nothing.

In summary...DON'T EVER BUY THIS PHONE, it has some major electrical/battery issues.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone except for battery, November 23, 2011
Samuel Abbe (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Previously owned a Droid X and a Casio Commando. Bought this because Commando's user interface is awful.

I love everything about this phone except for the battery. Droid Razr I have to charge twice a day and I've turned everything off except the email sync. My Commando and Droid X would last 1 to 2 days.

I really like how microSD card can be swapped w/o opening the battery case. Wish all phones were like this.

Since the battery is not replaceable I'm forced to seek out a charging location twice a day. This would have been more bearable if the battery were swappable. I use the phone about half as much as my kids use theirs. My monthly bill shows I rarely exceed even 1GB of data.

This phone is going to force me to top-off my charge everytime I stop somewhere, that repeated cycling will likely prematurely kill the battery even more.

In hindsight I wish I just got another Droid X b/c whats the point in having a phone if you don't have enough juice to make it through the day.

1.0 out of 5 stars POS of the highest magnitude, December 25, 2012
I have had this for a year and will never buy Motorola again!!!! It amazes me how it can run fine one day and be completely useless the next. When I say useless I mean you can not use period if you wanted to. As an example I was off work today and when I got up I disconnected from charger and had sitting beside me while reading newspaper. All of a sudden it started rebooting and would not stop until the battery was dead. I couldn't even get to finish a restart cycle before it restarted again. Finally it died, dead battery. I left it like that for a while. I plugged it in before I started getting ready for bed and it started rebooting again. I swear if I had $700 laying around for a new phone I would throw this Pile of censored foul language against a brick wall and then take a hammer to it until it was dust. I HATE HATE HATE HATE this phone so freaking BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST PHONE IN HISTORY OF PHONES!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Phone I Have Ever Had, December 19, 2012
I bought this phone when it first came out. I was excited and paid out right for a brand new phone. Got the phone and it was pretty and fun. Within one month of having this phone I was a little late getting it to the charger and it died completely. I plugged it in thinking oh it will charge and I'll come back and turn it on, as any normal person would assume. This was not the case. When I came back to my phone it was dead. It wouldn't turn on or light up at all. I took it back to he store I bought it from and they couldn't get it to come to life either.
Verizon told me the manufacturer would ship me out a 'refurbished' phone. I was very upset. I came in and paid cash for a brand new phone less than a month before and they couldn't do me the decency of replacing my product! But I held my tongue.
With in a month of having this refurbished phone yet again as if on cue the phone takes a turn for the worst. The screen completely freaks out, I had it set to where you can see where your finger is touching the screen, it makes a cool little circle around your finger. Well my phone decided hundred of invisible fingers were playing all over the screen. It was so over loaded I couldn't get it to do anything. Round two was over and Motorola quickly sent me out my third and current phone.
The phone I have now is still working only because when it decided it was going to turn off and escape into death - with out even completely losing batter life too I might add- I went to work preforming life saving techniques on the damn thing. I was able to get the phone turned on and charging by a some miracle. Now I never let my phone get even to the %10 battery life warning. I am currently looking for a cheap used phone to get me through untill my next upgrade. BUYER BEWARE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing overall, June 28, 2012
I was hesitant in getting into the whole smartphone phase so i thought i would hit the ground running when i went to the verizon store and said "what the best phone in this joint?" The clerk pointed to the droid razr 4G. So i bought it. So far AWESOME. Its crazy fast and does some awesome things that still amaze me. Battery life could use some work lol it lasts all day with moderate to heavy use and begins to die around 7 or 8. So i bought a car charger. Problem solved. It is a but uncomfortable because of the thinness but if you get the otterbox case with it like i did it feels better in the hand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Droid RAZR review from a Droid X owner, January 30, 2012
I'm part of the Verizon Wireless Ambassador Program where I am given a device for free in order to provide input.

I consider myself a very very basic user of smartphones and Android devices. I have both a Droid X (personally) and have playing around with the RAZR for a few days now. The RAZR is sleeker than the X for sure. Clearly it's thinner and lighter.

I received my RAZR with Android SW 2.3.5 on it. My X still has 2.3.3.

You'll probably be reading about the great call quality however, I have not been able to have a good call on the device yet. All my calls seem hollow and/or tinny. This was the exact same problem I had when I first activated my Droid X back in August 2010 and had to get it swapped out for a replacement.

If you're a data lover, then you're going to enjoy the 4G LTE. Downloads are fast but be warned! You will use your battery FAST! Battery usage should simply be a default expectation.

I thought the camera on my X was always blurry and didn't react in time for me to get the pictures I wanted. I have not seen this in the RAZR yet which is bonus since I use my phone as my camera.

Overall, it's a pretty OK phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm lovin' it, December 1, 2011
Okay, I might get in trouble from a certain fast food chain for the title of my review, but it's true, I am lovin' the Droid Razr. This is my first SmartPhone, (unless you count the old Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC).

I wasn't considering getting an Android based phone. I really wanted an iPhone. The Amazon Black Friday Sale was the deciding factor and I'm glad that I got the Razr. Several guys in my office also ordered the Razr and now have a "Razr Club" :)

I am enjoying using the Razr. It fits in my pocket, but I plan on getting a case. I really like the feel of the phone. Don't believe all those reviews about the poor camera quality. I really like the camera. This is a phone and is not intended as a camera replacement.

5 Stars! :)