5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 519 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars happy Andriod user, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is my 5th Android phone since the os has been intruduced. I did own a bionic that I returned for the razr. The bionic was losing its signal all the time resulting with me having to restart the phone. The razr is wonderful and the best phone I've ever owned. Its a great design and light weight. The only issue is that the batteries are internal and the phone has to be charged via car or wall charger. Before with my Driod x and x2 I had 10 batteries and always carried them around with me. 4g network seems to be available and allows me to surf the web at super fast speeds. Keep in mind that Android 4.0 will be available early next year, my understanding is that the razr will be one of the first phones by Verizon eligible to be upgraded to be upgrade to Ice cream sandwich (I love saying that...silly as it may be). This is a huge upgrade from my driod x and I would recommend this phone to all my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars DROID RAZR PHONE, November 26, 2011
Motorola DROID BIONIC 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

The new Motorola Droid RAZR phone is a wonderful phone. It is slim, strong and performs amazingly ! I have many friends that have IPHONES and they say they think the Droid RAZR is a better phone for now. It is 4G, sports a beautiful display and has at least 10 hours of battery life. I talked on it three hours the other day and the battery indicator did not even move off of full. It has the smart actions features which saves battery life. The speed of the phone with streaming video is the best I have ever seen. Volume control and power buttons are nicely located. This is Motorola's best phone ever. I am happy with ever aspect of it after owning for three weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Underrated...2011 Holiday Season Winner!, November 19, 2011
Let me start off with saying that I put off purchasing a new smart phone for quite some time. I'ved owned and used Blackberry Curves and iphones and wanted to do my research on phones before purchasing a new one(since the largest discounts come with signing 2 year renewal agreements or new contracts). I knew that I probably wanted an Android phone and had difficulty in deciding between the DROID RAZR, Iphone 4s, HTC Rezound(Not out at the time), or waiting on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus(Also not out at the time).

NEGATIVES - Or are they?
So far I have not been disappointed by this phone in any possible category! My first couple of pictures left a litle to be desired, but I noticed that I was in really strange lighting situations in my home. For that I would deduct half of a star because the other phones compared are supposed to have even better perfoming cameras(although the nexus is only spec'd out as having a 5 MP rear camera). All pictures that I have taken since then(at restaurants, club/bar scenes, and work) have been at a quality that is better than expected. The only other concern I had was that this phone has a SAR of 1.45 which is a bit higher than the Iphone, Rezound, and Samsung Galaxy Nexus as posted online as of 11/10/2011. I've read many reports about SAR ratings, the increase in use of cellular devices of the past 10 years, and brain cancer. My readings have me convinced that there is no evidence linking cellular device use to brain cancer due to the fact that there has NOT been an increase in brain cancer patients over the past 10 years. The speaker phone could be a tiny bit louder, but it is adaquate at its highest level. Turning the phone volume up to its highest level with the speaker phone on produces a slight crackle here and there(hardly noticeable), but this can be solved by tapping the volume bar one notch down.

POSITIVES
The phone size is probably one of the biggest pros that i am really enjoying. Most people have their phones in a protective case which causes the phone to bulk up quite a bit. I purchased the otterbox commuter and the added size puts this phone at the perfect size for talking and carrying around in my pocket. The rezound, nexus, and iphone are all thicker, thus would be much bulkier once a case is applied. I've seen reviews posted saying that this phone is a little on the slow side but they must be fake, because i have not had a single hiccup in speed since using the Droid Razr. Call clarity has been stunning for me so far! I have never had a cell phone that I have been able to hear out of so clearly. The speaker phone is really clear as well. I puchased this phone on 11/11/11 at a price of $111.11 on Amazon.com by signing a new 2 year contract with Verizon. Verizon had recently started a promotional offer to double data therefore i was upgraded from 2 GB to 4 GB of data a month for 30 bucks. Since switching from AT&T to Verizon, I have not had any dropped calls which I did experience on occasion with AT&T. Even if the phone would not have been at a low price of $111.111 I would have purchased it without regrets.

My actual rating for the phone itself would be 4.25-4.5.
The fact that I feel like I got the best deal of the 2011 Holiday Season pushes the rating to 5 stars.(Note that I do not know what the price of the Galaxy Nexus will be or the price of any of these phones during the Thanksgiving holidays and Black Friday for that matter, but from looking at the online Black Friday ads(blackfridayinfo.com)..there are not any better deals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Life is terrible!, January 10, 2012
Bought 2 new Razr phones and we love both phones as far as the features go, APPS and tons of capabilities. However the batter life is terrible; less than 15 hours on each phones when on continuously; but only being used 10% of the time. I read many reviews on how people loved the Razr but not many reviews on the poor battery life.Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, great price, November 24, 2011
I got the phone mainly as an impulse buy when I saw the pricing. I have an HTC Merge from U.S. Cellular but had really been craving something a bit more upscale.

I recommend porting your number to Google Voice, and then activating a new number with Verizon to get the phone for a penny. This way you can always get a the "new" customer pricing, by cancelling your old line at the end of your contract, and keep you number via Google Voice.

The phone itself is super-fast and has great battery life. I took a ton of pictures on Thanksgiving and used it quite a bit all day, and at the end of the day I'm at 2/3rd full.

Amazing phone overall for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge mistake, November 25, 2013
When I first got the phone March 2012, it was amazing. Best thing I ever bought. Now that its gettin closer to my upgrade date, which is 4 months away, the phone will barely charge. The battery doesnt last as long as it did when I first got it. Its a nightmare. I'm being a real cheapskate by waiting until my upgrade date but I refuse to pay a whole bunch of money just to replace this piece of crap. Bottom line, dont buy the Droid Razr unless you plan on switching it that following year. Its not worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Phone In the World, November 17, 2013
This was the first smart phone I've purchased and man am I angry. I had a choice between this and an Iphone, wish I would have gotten the Iphone. This is the worst phone I've ever owned. The battery life is terrible, I cant even make a semi-long phone call in the middle of the day without it dying before I even get home. The vibration only decides to work when it feels like it. The screen also has a mind of its own and works correctly when it wants to. It will literally take the chrome app so long to open that the screen will shut off if you don't keep moving your finger and even then it will take another 10 minutes for the keyboard to come up and by the time everything loads you forget what you wanted to do! It comes pre-installed with ridiculous apps that use data and don't let you uninstall. Nothing about this phone is simple. Oh you want to add music? first you need to install a Motocast app, then you need to browse 1000 folders to find the music folder and then finally maybe you can add music. Oh wait theres also multiple music apps that come preinstalled lets check them all to see which one is better. seriously? I still have yet to find a way to put pictures onto my computer because the only folder i see is screenshots.The only good thing i can say about this phone is that I like the panoramic pictures it takes. I can't say it has any other redeemable features.
Don't waste your money on this horrible product.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor workmanship, April 16, 2013
I bought this phone due to the great reviews. After 4 months of use, I started to have overheat and lockup problems. I went to the store and they sent a refurbished one that did the same thing immediately out of the box. I returned it and received another refurb. It was good for one month and I had the same problem. Battery life was bad due to the overheating and I had to constantly reset the phone. it could be good, but it was not. I do not recommend this phone. I have since received a RAZR m from Verizon and one month in, I have not had any problems except the battery life.

1.0 out of 5 stars completely died 1 month after waranty expired, February 18, 2013
I had this phone for about 13 months and was generally happy with it. One day out of nowhere it just went dead. At first I thought the battery was empty but I wasn't able to charge it up again. I saw the white LED come on sometimes but it still never turned back on. I took it to Verizon but they couldn't do anything besides try to reset it. Since it was out of warranty and I wasn't eligible for an upgrade they would have charged ~$600 to replace it. I instead switched back to my old flip phone. Eventually I got around to ordering a new battery for the Razr and installed it following instructions I found online. This still did not fix the problem. As a last ditch effort I even connected the phone's battery leads to an external 3.8V power supply but still nothing.

In summary...DON'T EVER BUY THIS PHONE, it has some major electrical/battery issues.

2.0 out of 5 stars A review of Motorola Droid RAZR, February 14, 2013
To anyone getting a Motorola Droid RAZR (just the plain one, not the M or MAXX), don't. The one I have (less than a month old) already consumes a full battery charge (with wifi off, sync off, and strictest battery saving plans) in less than 24 hours. Additionally, half the apps I have tried to install won't run, and the facebook app only works half the time (with full Wifi bars). My wife's iPhone 4 doesn't have any problems. I'll be talking to Verizon to see if I can swap to something else.

Below is an email I sent to Motorola regarding the performance with my Droid RAZR. I felt it fitting the email should be placed here for informational purposes others.

Dear Sir/Ma'am:
I was told to send a private message regarding the *very* poor performance of my Motorola Droid RAZR smartphone. In case previous information was not relayed the battery on my smartphone is discharging at a very high rate (full battery loss in less than one day). I have consulted the Droid RAZR support site [...] regarding actions I can take to conserve power. I currently have all GPS, wifi, and bluetooth settings disabled. Also, I have set the screen to blank and phone to lock after 1 minute of inactivity. My only email account other than GMAIL is currently set to never sync. Since January 31, 2013 (the day I got my phone) until today (14 Feb 13) I have used 213mb of data, far below my plan limit of 2GB per month. Included below is my usage:
google play store 96.44 mb
Maps 6.62mb
Google Play Books 5.14mb
Removed apps 3.54mb
Apps 2.53mb

Currently the battery history shows:
Screen 35%
Phone idle 21%
Android OS 17%
Voice Calls 15%
Cell Standby 11%
Google Services 3%
Android System 2%

That total 104% battery use, which makes me question the fundamental math that is involved with this device. It also tells me that for a phone used to make voice calls, over 75% of the power is consumed when I am not even using it to make calls. In addition to the battery life being short, several apps (notably Angry Birds and Angry Birds Star Wars) are unable to be ran successfully. They install, and boot up, but then just cycle through loading screen until I back out of the app. For the above reasons, I am highly discouraged from owning or recommending to other the use of the Droid RAZR. Hopefully I will be able to exchange my Motorola for a different model. I look forward to hearing feedback and recommendations. Thank you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 519 | Next ›