5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, great price, November 24, 2011
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I got the phone mainly as an impulse buy when I saw the pricing. I have an HTC Merge from U.S. Cellular but had really been craving something a bit more upscale.

I recommend porting your number to Google Voice, and then activating a new number with Verizon to get the phone for a penny. This way you can always get a the "new" customer pricing, by cancelling your old line at the end of your contract, and keep you number via Google Voice.

The phone itself is super-fast and has great battery life. I took a ton of pictures on Thanksgiving and used it quite a bit all day, and at the end of the day I'm at 2/3rd full.

Amazing phone overall for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Phone In the World, November 17, 2013
This was the first smart phone I've purchased and man am I angry. I had a choice between this and an Iphone, wish I would have gotten the Iphone. This is the worst phone I've ever owned. The battery life is terrible, I cant even make a semi-long phone call in the middle of the day without it dying before I even get home. The vibration only decides to work when it feels like it. The screen also has a mind of its own and works correctly when it wants to. It will literally take the chrome app so long to open that the screen will shut off if you don't keep moving your finger and even then it will take another 10 minutes for the keyboard to come up and by the time everything loads you forget what you wanted to do! It comes pre-installed with ridiculous apps that use data and don't let you uninstall. Nothing about this phone is simple. Oh you want to add music? first you need to install a Motocast app, then you need to browse 1000 folders to find the music folder and then finally maybe you can add music. Oh wait theres also multiple music apps that come preinstalled lets check them all to see which one is better. seriously? I still have yet to find a way to put pictures onto my computer because the only folder i see is screenshots.The only good thing i can say about this phone is that I like the panoramic pictures it takes. I can't say it has any other redeemable features.
Don't waste your money on this horrible product.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone I ever owned, July 3, 2013
I hate this phone. It has a mind of it's own. The touch screen works when IT wants to. It answers phone calls on it's own as well. Just an annoying unreliable piece of junk.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have kept my DroidX, October 14, 2013
I "upgraded" to the Razr from my DroidX based on the promise of better battery life, etc. WRONG! Battery life is acceptable only as long as it is used in the phone mode only--activating data or wifi modes sucks the battery down within a few hours. Also, reception in fringe areas is much, much worse than the DroidX. I've experienced numerous dropped calls in areas where I had no dropped calls with the Droidx (exact same location, on a mountain top with line-of-sight distance to cell towers of 17 miles). Also, signal reception varies to the extent that it receives no signal at all (can't even place a call)for awhile, then later on the phone shows 3 or 4 bars and calls are no problem. Compared to other cell phones in the same location, the razr has very poor reception. If you plan on spending all your time in the city with lots of cell towers close by, the phone is fine. Rural or fringe areas, forget it. I had much better service with my old Droidx.

2.0 out of 5 stars never go near this phone. EVER, August 12, 2014
Zachary Heckman (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
as a guy who is about to upgrade to a new phone, let me tell you that nobody SHOULD EVER GET THIS PHONE. EVER. like my previous motrola droid phones, this phone starts out great, fast and smooth. but after the first year everything breaks until the last month where the phone is begging me to take it out of its misery.

the pros of this are simple: its thin and has a pretty decent camera. but the cons, well let me explain everything that is wrong with my razr: rear speaker doesnt work. headphone jack doesnt work. phone randomly loses service, even after a reboot. battery charges to 60% then says fully charged, phone locks up and restarts on its own every 1-3 days. my texts are being deleted randomly by the stock messaging app and last but not least, its so unbearably slow now that to load up any app (stock or from the market) takes upwards of 5-10 seconds.

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't wait to get rid of it, July 30, 2014
I am so glad to be rid of this horrible phone. First one I got didn't work at all, I had to bring it back. The battery has to be charged at LEAST once a day, usually more. I have to take chargers with me everywhere. It "hangs" frequently, doesn't work with Pandora very well and has to be rebooted frequently. Perhaps this one was also a lemon like the first one. I've had it 2 years and couldn't wait to get rid of it. By the way, I got the LG G3 and it's AWESOME in every way, especially battery life. Screaming fast too

3.0 out of 5 stars poor wi-fi connectivity, May 19, 2014
This phone can do a lot, and could do more if adding apps and games didn't slow it down so darn much. The biggest problem. Is Wi-Fi connecting, and it doesn't matter whose or where. The other devices in my home hook connect to my Wi-Fi just fine, but not the RAZR. Connectivity seems to depend on how strong the phone signal itself is, which in my house is not that great. (Verizon doesn't guarantee good signal inside your house. Ugh.) Why should the phone signal strength matter if I'm using Wi-Fi? Beats me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of this phone, October 19, 2014
This was a real disappointment, you could not record a voicemail message, your phone calls would just die for no reason and you would have to completely power back up your phone to get the phone back on after the call died. I tried to return this phone based on the return policy and I never heard back from Amazon and/or from the seller. Do not recommend buying this phone or a phone from this dealer.

5.0 out of 5 stars This phone is a tank, February 7, 2013
I got this phone because it was cheap and still looked very sleek and professional. Not only does this phone work incredibly well for all of the things I need, but it is also a tank. I am the most clumsy person alive. I have dropped this phone in the street and it was run over by a car. It was dropped out of a third story window. It was dropped on hard surfaces multiple times. I have stepped on it, kicked it, and tossed it multiple times. It still looks new. I do have it in a case that I got for free when purchasing the phone in the store. It is a fairly simple case but this phone is actually a tank. It is so much stronger than an iPhone and so much cheaper. I have broken multiple iPhones, but this phone has lasted me quite a while and still looks brand new. I would definitely recommend this phone to my friends. The screen is huge, it picks up wifi really well, it is extremely strong, and the clarity is awesome. Plus when you lock it, the screen does a cool closing that look like a tv which is a plus.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great WHEN IT WORKS, December 10, 2012
Marian R Krause (Abingdon, MD, US) - See all my reviews
Had the phone less than 2weeks when it died. Verizon replaced my brand new phone with a REFURBISHED phone. It has been less than a year and now the sound only works intermittently. I pay for unlimited internet service but the phone disconnects me with a message that I have ""reached my data usage limit" at least several times a week and sometimes a couple of times a day.

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›