5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Great WHEN IT WORKS, December 10, 2012
Marian R Krause (Abingdon, MD, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Had the phone less than 2weeks when it died. Verizon replaced my brand new phone with a REFURBISHED phone. It has been less than a year and now the sound only works intermittently. I pay for unlimited internet service but the phone disconnects me with a message that I have ""reached my data usage limit" at least several times a week and sometimes a couple of times a day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Droid Razr gorilla glass, July 30, 2012
My son dropped his phone about 2 feet on to the floor of our ski boat and the glass shattered. It is definitely not as strong as they make it out to be. We got it repaired by motorola and it costs $137, which was less than replacing the phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bear in mind: not a world phone and battery, March 20, 2012
Overall the phone is a good performer - good speed, good processor, apps work well and memory good. Looks are good and screen good. Two things you must be aware of - battery life rapidly declines and the battery is non-changeable so get used to carrying the charger for midday recharging (and I'm a low/moderate user) and I'm only 2 months in
- this isnt a world friendly phone outside the US (I should have double checked the specs as I know wireless well) this phone is billed as 3G/4G but it really means CDMA/LTE. Which sadly means no use outside the USA because the rest of the world hasnt put LTE in place (not until March 2013) and almost nobody has CDMA networks. So this is effectively a brick when abroad... J

2.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Droid Razr, Don't Believe the Ads, March 18, 2012
Despite all of the reviews of this phone being one tough puppy, Motorola and Verizon only have it half right. It is a puppy alright, a little toy poodle of a puppy, too fragile to carry around on your hip in a case, a padded case, a fairly nice padded case.

Apparently sometime today after removing it from the charger, my Droid Razr died. I took it to the local Verizon Corporate store to have them take a look at it they showed me a very tiny crack in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and told me "sorry sir tough luck, you must have bumped your phone and it's damaged and we can't repair it or warranty damaged phones". The guy calls his manager over to confirm his diagnosis and the manager says, "see, you can really damage these by just pressing down on the phone like this", and he starts pressing down on the face of my phone. "Really dude, stop that, I don't care if you are the manager". I guess he thought that is was already dead, he could do whatever he wanted.

There is not a single scratch on the outside of this phone and they are telling me it is damaged and can not be warrantied. Of course right over this guy's shoulder, Verizon is advertising this as a near bullet-proof phone with cracks in the "Gorilla Glass" and Kevlar case still working away like some kind of commando phone used by Navy Seals during beach assaults.

This thing is as fragile as a rose in the hot August sun. I don't even know when or where I may have bumped my phone to cause this catastrophic failure. One minute is was working and after a trip to Home Depot, nada, is is as dead as a hammer.

Moto wants $179 to fix this precious little tea cup of a phone. To be clear, there is not so much as a single scratch on this phone and the Verizon guy is telling me he can replace it with a new one for $600. Yeah, right. Instead, I am going to another provider and get another phone on a new line. To heck with Verizon.

So, I cancelled my data plan and went back to my old LG Envy 3 that is a better phone just without all the bells and whistles of a smart phone. Should I decide to stay with Verizon I guess I can wait for 20 more months to get another Verizon smart phone. But whatever I replace this with , it will NOT be a Moto Droid Razr and most likely, not a Motorola product at all.

Seriously, this phone is very fragile, and if your are looking for a durable smart phone, look elsewhere. This one is not for you if you are one of those likely to stick your phone in your pocket or in a padded case as in my case, this one may not be for you. It really is not up to the challenge of normal everyday use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, sometimes battery drains fast, March 5, 2012
Good phone, sometimes battery drains fast when phone is actively used for an extended period of time. Takes a bit to learn all the features (especially when upgrading from a non-smart phone). Still glad I chose razr over the droid 4. Only wish was I had the Maxx.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zip Zip, March 5, 2012
My previous phone was a 1st generation Motorola Droid and I thought it served me well until it didn't. Time to upgrade, and at this point, taking on a 2-year contract for a phone with 3G technology is a no-go. I got the Droid Razr from from the local Verizon store, not Amazon. It's a 4G LTE model with 32gb's of roomy-room and an exterior slot for a mini-SD card to add more room, should you need it. It's not the absolute latest model, so it's currently offered at a reasonable deal. The latest model in this line offers more battery power, but we'll get to that.

As it happens, the air space surrounding our house is 3G airspace. 4G is available in the backyard, front yard, up the street, down the street, all over the neighborhood, but not at our house. Not via Verizon (my provider) or AT&T (my husband's cell provider). Hopefully they'll get around to filling in the blank spots soon, but that said, even while operating on a 3G network, this phone uploads and downloads much more quickly than the former. MUCH more quickly.

The screen is so clear that by comparison, the former Droid seems muddy. (It isn't, but COMPARATIVELY, it is.) It isn't a tablet by any means, but if someone is on the fence about investing in a tablet, this might fill the niche. The crisp display is large enough for goofing around or catching up, but the phone itself is surprisingly comfortable for actual phone work. The current trend in the cell industry is to create ever larger phones. This one is large enough without being cumbersome.

Between Amazon and the Verizon Market, there are lots of apps for the choosing. It's easy to customize your screen and easy to operate with no discernible lag when sweeping or initiating an app, as used to occur with the 1st gen Droid.

The battery? Well, this phone is a heavy user, so for someone who would take advantage of all the phone can do -- including watching movies -- but wouldn't necessarily have a power source readily available, definitely get the Droid Razr MAXX. It's the very same phone, but with more battery power. One way or another, I'm always near a power source, so there wasn't a reason to spend the extra money.

Side note: this phone's charging plug inserts into an outlet, then attaches to the phone with a USB/micro-USB cord. The charging plug itself has double input, meaning, while you're charging the phone you can also charge other USB-style electronics via the same outlet. I'm modestly impressed by the thoughtfulness. Thank you, Motorola.

I thought the 1st generation Droid was excellent, so improving dramatically on that -- and it is a dramatic upgrade -- makes this phone outstanding.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor battery life., February 8, 2012
I wish I had read all the reviews here before I bought the phone because a number of users have noted the poor battery life. My Droid was a great phone, could go a couple of days without being charged, but the download speeds were not that great. personally, I think Motorola should have put a better battery in before they marketed this product. I am going to try to get my money back, i have only had it about a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars RAZR Fast, January 27, 2012
Here is my two cents. I had this phone since it has launced in November 2011. I love it. The people who has rated very low are not very competent or not savvy with droid phones. I had the Droid X, X2, and Bionic. And now the Razr. My only choice back then was black and 32GB total. 16GB (internal) and 16GB (MicroSD. Now you can get the Razr in White, Purple, & Black. With 32GB option or 16GB option. Battery life is actually good. Yes the battery will drain quicker than some phones but you are dealing with a 4G phone. Also for a quick note. The phone is splash / spill proof. The screen colors are amazing. The quality of the HD recording looks great during play back or on your tv. This phone has a lot to offer for new droid users and experienced users.

FEATURES:
3G / 4G Network
Body Dimensions 130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm
Weight 127 g
Display Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 540 x 960 pixels, 4.3 inches (~256 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0 with LE+EDR
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera: Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features Touch-focus, geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
Video: Yes, 1080p@30fps, 480p@120fps
Secondary: Yes, 2MP, 720p videos
Features: OS Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
Chipset: TI OMAP 4430
Radio No
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support
Java: Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors: Black, White, Purple
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Splash resistant
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1780 mAh
Stand-by Up to 204 h
Talk time Up to 12 h 30 min

4.0 out of 5 stars Travels Well, January 19, 2012
One thing I didn't like about the original Droid was the size and shape. It always fell sideways in my pocket and it's heavy. Since I didn't use the keyboard much, thinner and lighter was a plus for the RAZR. Also, the RAZR display is crisper and larger than the Droid and much easier on the eye. I expected the RAZR apps to be much the same as Droid; however, that isn't the case. Some of the basic features like loading more than the most recent email just isn't there. Same for FaceBook - just the threads and no menu. The original Droid's features were better. Even the desktop falls short. Turn it sideways and the orientation doesn't change unless you select 'APPS'. Once everything is loaded, landscape mode works fine.

Battery life is an issue with the RAZR. If you use it, the battery won't last very long. It'll be discharged in a workday. Using USB connection to charge it is another problem. Make sure your drives are mapped before plugging in the RAZR as it will map two drives even if USB is set to charge only. The drive letters will be mapped but not connected. That creates problems with other network resources. Also, the battery is not removable or replacable.

The RAZR is a two-handed phone. That was easy enough to get used to but for some, it may not be desirable. Not the best choice for one-handers.

Signal strength is better with the RAZR. One complaint with the Droid is that people can't connect to anything in my area (all Verizon customers). Razr is able to connect at some level although, 4G is not available in many locations. Same for 3G - used to seeing a bar or two and '1X'. But the phone works much better and can actually receive a call without 100% chance that it'll be dropped.

I don't know why the 8 Mpix camera delivers such poor quality photos but, the 5 Mpix Droid was better. Some daylight photos are pretty good but I wouldn't call it a camera. It also seems that the fixed lens field is not as wide so, treat it like telephoto and move back. If there's room. One feature the RAZR has that wasn't part of the Droid platform is a front facing camera. Skype users may appreciate that feature but I don't use it.

There are plenty of free apps for the Android OS so, no problem getting what I want. Although, the $9.95 Verizon Navigation app can't be uninstalled even though the free Google Navigation app is installed and works great. Bunch of pre-installed stuff on there that I don't have a use for.

I like the phone even with its shortcomings. I haven't used the HDMI port but, it's there if I ever care to get a cable and play with it. Some glitchy stuff to look out for is deleting FB friends from the phone directory as it links them. Once you remove the contacts, even though they don't have phone numbers listed, they are no longer identified on FB. Posts from an unknown friend. Contacts were transferred in triplicate by the store so, maybe they also caused some other config problems. Actually, they took about 90 minutes to configure it and were on hold with Verizon Support for a good while. They were selling a lot of Apple's latest but only a few RAZR's. Perhaps they weren't up on the learning curve yet - it was only on the market two weeks when I bought mine which wasn't even stocked yet (one week delivery at the time).

My original Droid never had to have the battery pulled and that isn't possible on the RAZR which did freeze on me once. Just have to hold the power and both volume buttons together to re-boot. Speaking of volume, the ringer isn't very loud. Neither is the mp3 player. And one strange glitch is that it forgets my ringtones now-and-then and defaults to one of the pre-installed tones.

It's a nice phone but still has some bugs that need to be worked out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Smart Phone!, January 13, 2012
This is the first smartphone I've ever owned. I was locked in a battle choosing between the iPhone and the Razr, but in the end I went with the Razr. What influenced my decision was the large 4.3 inch screen, longer 12.5 hour battery life and the ability to use the faster 4G network. Although the iPhone has Siri, but the Razr can use about 5 or 6 different talking assistant apps of it's own. One of which is ironically called Iris which is Siri spelled backwards. There's another one called Speak To It that's pretty impressive. You can even customize the look and voice of the virtual assistant. So these apps will satisfy those who might envy iPhone's Siri.

The Razr is beautiful. It has a very sleek, clean and high tech design. The screen is awesome. It's very detailed and the colors are beautiful. It's very pleasing to look at. The features are great. The phone has all kinds of bells and whistles that I don't even know where to begin. I've had no problems with it. Some have complained about the battery. So far the battery life has held up pretty well. I'm not a heavy user though. There are apps like Juice Defender that automatically adjusts certain settings in the phone to conserve battery life.

If you're a power user and you're concerned about the battery life then maybe you might consider waiting for the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx that's supposed to come out in a few months. It's almost exactly identical to the Razr except that it's a little thicker, but the upshot is that the Razr Maxx has got twice the battery life as the Razr. I had no idea about the Razr Maxx and wish that Motorola would've came out with both phones at the same time to allow consumers a choice between the thinner Razr or the thicker Razr Maxx with more battery power, but like I said I'm not really a heavy user and I'm more than happy with the Razr. I think it's awesome and I think you will too. :-)

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›