5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 15 6 719 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Travels Well, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
One thing I didn't like about the original Droid was the size and shape. It always fell sideways in my pocket and it's heavy. Since I didn't use the keyboard much, thinner and lighter was a plus for the RAZR. Also, the RAZR display is crisper and larger than the Droid and much easier on the eye. I expected the RAZR apps to be much the same as Droid; however, that isn't the case. Some of the basic features like loading more than the most recent email just isn't there. Same for FaceBook - just the threads and no menu. The original Droid's features were better. Even the desktop falls short. Turn it sideways and the orientation doesn't change unless you select 'APPS'. Once everything is loaded, landscape mode works fine.

Battery life is an issue with the RAZR. If you use it, the battery won't last very long. It'll be discharged in a workday. Using USB connection to charge it is another problem. Make sure your drives are mapped before plugging in the RAZR as it will map two drives even if USB is set to charge only. The drive letters will be mapped but not connected. That creates problems with other network resources. Also, the battery is not removable or replacable.

The RAZR is a two-handed phone. That was easy enough to get used to but for some, it may not be desirable. Not the best choice for one-handers.

Signal strength is better with the RAZR. One complaint with the Droid is that people can't connect to anything in my area (all Verizon customers). Razr is able to connect at some level although, 4G is not available in many locations. Same for 3G - used to seeing a bar or two and '1X'. But the phone works much better and can actually receive a call without 100% chance that it'll be dropped.

I don't know why the 8 Mpix camera delivers such poor quality photos but, the 5 Mpix Droid was better. Some daylight photos are pretty good but I wouldn't call it a camera. It also seems that the fixed lens field is not as wide so, treat it like telephoto and move back. If there's room. One feature the RAZR has that wasn't part of the Droid platform is a front facing camera. Skype users may appreciate that feature but I don't use it.

There are plenty of free apps for the Android OS so, no problem getting what I want. Although, the $9.95 Verizon Navigation app can't be uninstalled even though the free Google Navigation app is installed and works great. Bunch of pre-installed stuff on there that I don't have a use for.

I like the phone even with its shortcomings. I haven't used the HDMI port but, it's there if I ever care to get a cable and play with it. Some glitchy stuff to look out for is deleting FB friends from the phone directory as it links them. Once you remove the contacts, even though they don't have phone numbers listed, they are no longer identified on FB. Posts from an unknown friend. Contacts were transferred in triplicate by the store so, maybe they also caused some other config problems. Actually, they took about 90 minutes to configure it and were on hold with Verizon Support for a good while. They were selling a lot of Apple's latest but only a few RAZR's. Perhaps they weren't up on the learning curve yet - it was only on the market two weeks when I bought mine which wasn't even stocked yet (one week delivery at the time).

My original Droid never had to have the battery pulled and that isn't possible on the RAZR which did freeze on me once. Just have to hold the power and both volume buttons together to re-boot. Speaking of volume, the ringer isn't very loud. Neither is the mp3 player. And one strange glitch is that it forgets my ringtones now-and-then and defaults to one of the pre-installed tones.

It's a nice phone but still has some bugs that need to be worked out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Smart Phone!, January 13, 2012
This is the first smartphone I've ever owned. I was locked in a battle choosing between the iPhone and the Razr, but in the end I went with the Razr. What influenced my decision was the large 4.3 inch screen, longer 12.5 hour battery life and the ability to use the faster 4G network. Although the iPhone has Siri, but the Razr can use about 5 or 6 different talking assistant apps of it's own. One of which is ironically called Iris which is Siri spelled backwards. There's another one called Speak To It that's pretty impressive. You can even customize the look and voice of the virtual assistant. So these apps will satisfy those who might envy iPhone's Siri.

The Razr is beautiful. It has a very sleek, clean and high tech design. The screen is awesome. It's very detailed and the colors are beautiful. It's very pleasing to look at. The features are great. The phone has all kinds of bells and whistles that I don't even know where to begin. I've had no problems with it. Some have complained about the battery. So far the battery life has held up pretty well. I'm not a heavy user though. There are apps like Juice Defender that automatically adjusts certain settings in the phone to conserve battery life.

If you're a power user and you're concerned about the battery life then maybe you might consider waiting for the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx that's supposed to come out in a few months. It's almost exactly identical to the Razr except that it's a little thicker, but the upshot is that the Razr Maxx has got twice the battery life as the Razr. I had no idea about the Razr Maxx and wish that Motorola would've came out with both phones at the same time to allow consumers a choice between the thinner Razr or the thicker Razr Maxx with more battery power, but like I said I'm not really a heavy user and I'm more than happy with the Razr. I think it's awesome and I think you will too. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I ever bought for a penny, December 4, 2011
I just want to simply state now that I have owned the phone for about a week, I am finally understanding better how it works and why people complain about battery life. When you get the phone it has most apps running for you -to impress, but that really drains battery life. Once I figured out how to remove the generic apps that I will "never use" (note: some you can only hide), I then set the battery saver mode to automatically turn things off in certain situations like the GPS, it is a real battery killer when you don't have it plugged into your car charger. I then downloaded the free app "AP2SD" and moved as many programs and apps to the SD card to free up the phone's operating system as much as possible. This phone is really fast for most things the average person needs to use it for on a daily basis. The only thing that I would say could use a little work is the camera. -But since I bought it for a penny on Thanksgiving Day, I really can't complain about anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow- Super Fast, December 3, 2011
I had a Samsung Epic from Sprint, I have switched to Verizon. This phone is way faster, thinner and has a longer battery life (you need to adjust the settings.) Screen is nice a big yet not overly big. Its processing is super fast (part of this is also Verizon's network and coverage) Color and screen is nice and bright. Use a lot for work and it has helped me be more productive on the road. Highly recommend this phone, got it during the penny pincher sale for $.01 It was practically free. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, except for battery and pentile display, December 2, 2011
I came from an OG Motorola Droid and was pleasantly refreshed by the speed of execution on tasks this phone reflected.

A major annoyance is the pentile display causing certain images to appear grainy i.e. red on black. Super AMOLED PLUS looks MUCH better than just Supoer AMOLED Advanced. Unfortunately they decided to take the power saving route over the visual quality one.

This leads right into the gripe about battery life. Just this morning I found my phone on my dresser nearly dead before having to go to work because I forgot to charge it overnight last night (I charge it overnight every night) and I do not even use the phone heavily.

The Kevlar on the back has almost a grippy yet silky touch to it which is a plus while holding the phone.

The phone is the thinnest on the market and very light. I was worried I would have troubles sticking it in my pocket the way I did with my OG Droid but it turns out this phone is extremely easy to take in and out of ones pocket.

I could not imagine it lasting more than 4-5 hours if I was actually using it for GPS or to watch videos etc.

I will still give this phone 4 stars as it is great and very responsive. Overall I am happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone ... for awesome price, November 23, 2011
This is my first DROID phone and I am really loving it ... thanks amazon for giving this great price , the ordering process from amazon is really smooth and had NO issues. I received the phone in 1 day .... great job and great phone .. from Motorola.

tip.. if u are about to use internet a lot ... battery may consume fast so ... buy a extra charger .. that is sold in amazon for 5 bucks ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone!!, November 21, 2011
This is is an excellent phone. Fast, beautiful screen, smart actions, superb hardware, and many more. The overall design is amazing. I am coming from Iphone 3,3GS, and 4. We also have Iphone 4S. This beats down Iphone 4s easily on all aspects except for camera. RAZR camera is fine, but Iphone 4s has abetter camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars this phone SUCKS!!!!!!, October 9, 2012
This phone sucks I have had it about 3 weeks and have had trouble with random little things some examples: cutting off and on by itself, screen freezing and some other things. The final straw as today after trying to hang up after a phone call my screen once again froze except this time it stayed frozen with that call on the screen for 4 hours and now it acts like its turning on but it doesnt. I so pissed and diappointed wishing i would have gotten an I phone or anything else actully!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, not great battery life, January 14, 2012
This is a great phone in most respects. Nice touch screen (even for fat fingers), good speed and function.
However, my major complaint is battery life. The spec states "up to 8 days in standby". When I'm working on a job site, that's how I use it, just for a few calls. The battery only lasts 24 to 36 hours. Yes I have turned off WiFi and most updates. The battery information says the main users of power are Android operating system and the cell standby.

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Battery, December 7, 2011
Ok, so this phone is beautiful, light, and pretty easy to use. That being said, the battery life is the worst of any phone I have ever owned. I talk on the thing maybe 10 minutes a day, keep it on standby with the display off, and might listen to 2 or 3 songs. That's it. No video, no bluetooth, no nothing else and the battery won't even last a full 24 hours. I find I'm charging it about every 15 hours, and it takes a full 3 hours to reach a full charge from 10-20%. I am incredibly disappointed as this makes the phone pretty much useless if you are going to be out and about for a full day. I wouldn't recommend buying it.

‹ Previous | 15 6 719 | Next ›