5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I ever bought for a penny, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I just want to simply state now that I have owned the phone for about a week, I am finally understanding better how it works and why people complain about battery life. When you get the phone it has most apps running for you -to impress, but that really drains battery life. Once I figured out how to remove the generic apps that I will "never use" (note: some you can only hide), I then set the battery saver mode to automatically turn things off in certain situations like the GPS, it is a real battery killer when you don't have it plugged into your car charger. I then downloaded the free app "AP2SD" and moved as many programs and apps to the SD card to free up the phone's operating system as much as possible. This phone is really fast for most things the average person needs to use it for on a daily basis. The only thing that I would say could use a little work is the camera. -But since I bought it for a penny on Thanksgiving Day, I really can't complain about anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow- Super Fast, December 3, 2011
I had a Samsung Epic from Sprint, I have switched to Verizon. This phone is way faster, thinner and has a longer battery life (you need to adjust the settings.) Screen is nice a big yet not overly big. Its processing is super fast (part of this is also Verizon's network and coverage) Color and screen is nice and bright. Use a lot for work and it has helped me be more productive on the road. Highly recommend this phone, got it during the penny pincher sale for $.01 It was practically free. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, except for battery and pentile display, December 2, 2011
I came from an OG Motorola Droid and was pleasantly refreshed by the speed of execution on tasks this phone reflected.

A major annoyance is the pentile display causing certain images to appear grainy i.e. red on black. Super AMOLED PLUS looks MUCH better than just Supoer AMOLED Advanced. Unfortunately they decided to take the power saving route over the visual quality one.

This leads right into the gripe about battery life. Just this morning I found my phone on my dresser nearly dead before having to go to work because I forgot to charge it overnight last night (I charge it overnight every night) and I do not even use the phone heavily.

The Kevlar on the back has almost a grippy yet silky touch to it which is a plus while holding the phone.

The phone is the thinnest on the market and very light. I was worried I would have troubles sticking it in my pocket the way I did with my OG Droid but it turns out this phone is extremely easy to take in and out of ones pocket.

I could not imagine it lasting more than 4-5 hours if I was actually using it for GPS or to watch videos etc.

I will still give this phone 4 stars as it is great and very responsive. Overall I am happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone ... for awesome price, November 23, 2011
This is my first DROID phone and I am really loving it ... thanks amazon for giving this great price , the ordering process from amazon is really smooth and had NO issues. I received the phone in 1 day .... great job and great phone .. from Motorola.

tip.. if u are about to use internet a lot ... battery may consume fast so ... buy a extra charger .. that is sold in amazon for 5 bucks ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone!!, November 21, 2011
This is is an excellent phone. Fast, beautiful screen, smart actions, superb hardware, and many more. The overall design is amazing. I am coming from Iphone 3,3GS, and 4. We also have Iphone 4S. This beats down Iphone 4s easily on all aspects except for camera. RAZR camera is fine, but Iphone 4s has abetter camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars this phone SUCKS!!!!!!, October 9, 2012
This phone sucks I have had it about 3 weeks and have had trouble with random little things some examples: cutting off and on by itself, screen freezing and some other things. The final straw as today after trying to hang up after a phone call my screen once again froze except this time it stayed frozen with that call on the screen for 4 hours and now it acts like its turning on but it doesnt. I so pissed and diappointed wishing i would have gotten an I phone or anything else actully!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, not great battery life, January 14, 2012
This is a great phone in most respects. Nice touch screen (even for fat fingers), good speed and function.
However, my major complaint is battery life. The spec states "up to 8 days in standby". When I'm working on a job site, that's how I use it, just for a few calls. The battery only lasts 24 to 36 hours. Yes I have turned off WiFi and most updates. The battery information says the main users of power are Android operating system and the cell standby.

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Battery, December 7, 2011
Ok, so this phone is beautiful, light, and pretty easy to use. That being said, the battery life is the worst of any phone I have ever owned. I talk on the thing maybe 10 minutes a day, keep it on standby with the display off, and might listen to 2 or 3 songs. That's it. No video, no bluetooth, no nothing else and the battery won't even last a full 24 hours. I find I'm charging it about every 15 hours, and it takes a full 3 hours to reach a full charge from 10-20%. I am incredibly disappointed as this makes the phone pretty much useless if you are going to be out and about for a full day. I wouldn't recommend buying it.

3.0 out of 5 stars bad screen in dark rooms, November 27, 2011
The screen has highly visible dark blotches all over the place that are very apparent in low light/ dark rooms. It affects any view of the phone where the background is black on the display. Motorola claims that this is an "aspect' of their phone that is part of their (cheap/effort to save money) manufacturing process and that it does not affect "general use".... so they have left it at that and just want their customers to "deal with it"

I would not get this phone just based on Motorola's handling of this issue. It is very unprofessional and quite ridiculous to claim that a major defect only apparent in dark light should be looked over and not considered an issue.

I will return mine as soon as possible, and will not deal with Motorola because of how they have brushed off this really quite major concern about their display defect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this phone, November 11, 2011
I have only had this for a day, so I'll add to this if any major glitches show up, but right now its the best thing since sliced bread. The screen is amazing. Bright, crisp, and big! The camera seems awesome. I love that it has several shooting modes and fast shutter speed. The sport shot is super quick. Panorama mode doesn't require any button pushes after the first frame. Stitches seemlessly. As you can tell, the camera was very important to me. Sound seems good on the speakers. The screen is so awesome. Can't stop talking about it. So think, so light, yet feels great in the hand. I'll add more after I have played some games and tested out the rest of the speed and call quality over the next several days. Bummer for me, I preordered and paid full price from Verizon.

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›