5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Phone In the World, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This was the first smart phone I've purchased and man am I angry. I had a choice between this and an Iphone, wish I would have gotten the Iphone. This is the worst phone I've ever owned. The battery life is terrible, I cant even make a semi-long phone call in the middle of the day without it dying before I even get home. The vibration only decides to work when it feels like it. The screen also has a mind of its own and works correctly when it wants to. It will literally take the chrome app so long to open that the screen will shut off if you don't keep moving your finger and even then it will take another 10 minutes for the keyboard to come up and by the time everything loads you forget what you wanted to do! It comes pre-installed with ridiculous apps that use data and don't let you uninstall. Nothing about this phone is simple. Oh you want to add music? first you need to install a Motocast app, then you need to browse 1000 folders to find the music folder and then finally maybe you can add music. Oh wait theres also multiple music apps that come preinstalled lets check them all to see which one is better. seriously? I still have yet to find a way to put pictures onto my computer because the only folder i see is screenshots.The only good thing i can say about this phone is that I like the panoramic pictures it takes. I can't say it has any other redeemable features.
Don't waste your money on this horrible product.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone I ever owned, July 3, 2013
I hate this phone. It has a mind of it's own. The touch screen works when IT wants to. It answers phone calls on it's own as well. Just an annoying unreliable piece of junk.

2.0 out of 5 stars never go near this phone. EVER, August 12, 2014
Zachary Heckman (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
as a guy who is about to upgrade to a new phone, let me tell you that nobody SHOULD EVER GET THIS PHONE. EVER. like my previous motrola droid phones, this phone starts out great, fast and smooth. but after the first year everything breaks until the last month where the phone is begging me to take it out of its misery.

the pros of this are simple: its thin and has a pretty decent camera. but the cons, well let me explain everything that is wrong with my razr: rear speaker doesnt work. headphone jack doesnt work. phone randomly loses service, even after a reboot. battery charges to 60% then says fully charged, phone locks up and restarts on its own every 1-3 days. my texts are being deleted randomly by the stock messaging app and last but not least, its so unbearably slow now that to load up any app (stock or from the market) takes upwards of 5-10 seconds.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, November 18, 2014
Worst phone I have ever had. I got this phone along with the rest of my family because it was cheep and looked nice. Within 6 months the phone started to glitch out where it wouldn't feel my fingers or a program would stop responding. At first it didn't happen very often then as time when on it would be a 3 times a day thing. Not only that but the battery life is awful it started out having 10 hours of life then it started to drop eventually have a life of 4 hour when not doing anything and when trying to use it in any way would result in the battery only lasting 2 hours. Finally not only is this happening to my phone but also to the rest of my family's (I use the "smart" abilities a lot more than they do). Whatever you do don't buy this phone it won't even have enough ability to have classic phone capabilities. If I could rate 0 stars I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Droid Razr - Best 4G Phone Yet!, November 12, 2011
This phone is simply amazing. It is fast with it's 1.2Ghz processor & 1GB DDR2 ram. THe 4.3" Super AMOLED screen is just amazing, and with all the features this phones have, I can't think of anything else I would need. Stream netflix movies on the go, listin to music, check ur email, do anything you want right from the palm of your hand.

And, if you want a little extra 'size' - look into the Motorola Lapdock 100 or 500. They offer a laptop type solution that you plug your phone into for a larger view and more options!

Really Veriozon and Motorola have stepped it up!

Check out my review of the Razr!
[...]

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't wait to get rid of it, July 30, 2014
I am so glad to be rid of this horrible phone. First one I got didn't work at all, I had to bring it back. The battery has to be charged at LEAST once a day, usually more. I have to take chargers with me everywhere. It "hangs" frequently, doesn't work with Pandora very well and has to be rebooted frequently. Perhaps this one was also a lemon like the first one. I've had it 2 years and couldn't wait to get rid of it. By the way, I got the LG G3 and it's AWESOME in every way, especially battery life. Screaming fast too

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone ever, December 12, 2011
I upgraded from the original Droid. My old Droid was working fine, but I was due for a discounted upgrade. I wanted to wait for the Nexus, but after seeing the reviews that made it sound rather fragile (and it's still not available) I decided to check out the RAZR. Lots of reviewers were complaining about the text quality, but it looks great to me. Sure, if you get out some magnifying glasses you will see the pixels, but why would you do that?

I like the engineering that went into the RAZR. The thinness, the gorilla glass, everything about it seems very well thought out. I was also tempted by the Iphone, but I wanted a bigger screen, and the bigger battery of the Droid. It's right on the edge of being too big, good thing I have big hands.

I bought the Otterbox case the same day I bought the RAZR, and it keeps the RAZR quite safe due to the raised plastic and rubber edges on the front and back. I examined the full coverage Otterbox but didn't like the belt loop. I ended up building my own leather and metal sleeve to protect the exposed glass side when the phone is in my pocket, or my backpack.

Regarding the battery, it's true that you can totally drain the battery in half a day if you are using the 4g to watch movies, but this is true of all big smartphones. I work on computers all day, I have no need to watch movies, or surf the net on my phone. I also don't play games. It's cool to know the phone can do all those things though, for those weekends when I am out climbing and need to check the weather. I'm not on facebook anymore (huge sigh of relief!) so I have no need to constantly use my phone on the weekends to post or check updates.

I get two to three days out of the battery (7am to 10pm). And I do that by turning off all the data: wireless and 4g. I've basically turned it into a dumb phone. For those occasions when I may need to keep the phone working hard all day, and I'm away from electricity, I bought an external battery pack from NewTrent. For only 28 bucks, I have a phone sized battery that will recharge the RAZR three times.

I was easily able to configure it to read my work email using the Corporate function to connect with Microsoft Exchange. But I set it to manual sync....again, I work at computers all day.

Lots of others have commented on the camera and powerful processor. I don't expect my cell phone to be anything more than a poor quality point and shoot, but the camera is better than my old droid. If a great camera is important, the iphone might be a better choice.

I've always loved the way I can easily get inside a phone running Android. Plug it into your mac or pc with the usb cable, and it acts like an external hardrive. Drag music, talking books, images, data files, whatever, directly into the phone. There is no messing around with itunes like I've heard you have to do on the iphone.

I love the smoothness of the operating system. This thing is very fast. It's super bright...all in all I'm happy I bought it and have no regrets.

Coolest apps so far: ColorNote for a "to do list", Akimbo player for listening to talking books, Dolphin browser with the LastPass password manager for tracking all my logins.

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, but poor audio, December 9, 2011
The Good:

The Droid Razr has an AMOLED display that is really visually stunning. The kevlar back is a nice touch. The phone is speedy and quick. Battery life is good, given the dual core processor power of the phone.

Now the bad:

My 9 year old LG VX4400 has much better audio quality. A hiss can be detected in the earphone, external or internal, after every word is spoken. Even a person on the other end tells me that my voice quality is not as good, with or without an external headset, as my old cell phone. Audio / MP3's are also not up to par with an iPod, or even my foxit eslick ebook reader!

Update: Google sky map and the compass do not work correctly, reportedly due to an Android OS driver issue? Hopefully this will be addressed in an update.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, but Battery and Camera Problems, November 24, 2011
Let me start out by saying that this phone is fantastic. I would even go as far to say that its the best phone out on the market today. It has an incredibly fast processor, which was the same processor that was in laptops less than five years ago, it has a super-thin body, weighs almost nothing, and has a great display. However, it's not the "perfect" phone. Like all of them, it has its share of issues. Battery life and camera quality haunts its rating, causing a 5 star to go down to a 4.

Pros:

- GREAT processor
- VERY thin
- Light as well
- The display, although not a retina display, is plenty vibrant enough
- 16 GB internal + 16 GB external
- Runs Gingerbread, but is getting upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012

Cons:

- Although the camera is 8MP, it still shoots rather grainy photos. However, unless you're trying to shoot professional photos, which you shouldn't be doing with your phone anyways, you should be fine.

- Battery Life = This is a big one. I have to charge my phone twice a day, once before going to bed, and once during work. The good news is it charges relatively quickly. The bad news is it loses its charge relatively quickly as well.

OVERALL

If you're looking for a new phone, this is definitely the one to get. However, if you want a phone specifically for shooting pictures, you'll have to find a different one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone on earth, November 13, 2011
This new phone is totally awesome in every single way....why?...extremely powerful, colorful and portable!
For sure this is not a one hand phone to handle. This phone is to be use with both hands and handle it well.
If you guys are single hand only, like our previous reviewer "jose" this is not the phone for you. Go get at Amazon the Blackberry Pearl that is for one hand only.
Portable... remember the old brick huge phones of the past? well now this phone could get you in touch of your people in not time this is a 4G phone!

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›