5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars These phones break - buyer beware, February 22, 2014
Kaya (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I went through THREE of these phones within the two year contract period. The first phone I bought at Costco imploded and the screen cracked the first time I charged the phone (with the charger and cord that was provided upon purchase as Motorola suggests using ONLY the cord and charger provided). Thank goodness I bought the phone at Costco, they replaced it on the spot. After three months, the second phone I sent in on the factory warranty repair/replace plan as it became glitchy and wouldn't work. They sent me back a refurbished phone. I argued with Motorola, to no avail, that I purchased a NEW phone and now I am receiving a refurbished phone (Seriously??? I do not WANT a phone that someone else took into the bathroom... just EWWW). Of course they gave me the "it's BETTER than new" BS. The third phone (the refurbished replacement) fully discharged over night when I forgot to charge it up before going to bed. As humans, we sometimes don't charge our phones. In the morning I plugged it in - it would not charge. I left it plugged in for a day. It wouldn't turn on. White light of death. Of course Motorola was kind enough to let me send it in for repair for $159! (WOW, I can replace it with a used phone for the same price. Thanks for nothing!!) I took it to a repair shop - the battery will take a charge, the charging port will take a charge, but something in the phone is not working between the battery and the charging port. (You should know the good folks over at CPR checked all that without charging me any cash in about 15 minutes as a consultation. I still have the option of leaving my phone with them for an actual repair.) My b/f had purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus at the same time as my initial purchase. His phone was still going strong (until he ran it over with his car!! Oops!) So now I get to endure my old HTC Droid Eris until I can upgrade or outright purchase a used phone (cuz I think want to keep my unlimited data and verizon "loyalty" customers will be bumped to a 6g of data per phone plan for $30). I will NEVER buy a Motorola phone again. I highly recommend consumers stay away from these technically garbage phones. The cool features, HDMI port, and moto specific apps are awesome, but they aren't very awesome now since I can't use them on my old crappy Eris.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok phone with some issues, December 16, 2013
I’ll start by saying this phone delivers everything that’s promised about the technology. I’ve never had a problem with signal, Bluetooth, performance, speed, or any other listed feature. All around the technology in this phone is pretty great.
There are a few issues that go along with the original Razr. First is the screen. While resolution is great, and the screen is clear, the manufacturing process for bonding gorilla glass to the LCD screen creates minor defects in most screens. You can notice lines, specs, or waves in the screen if you display certain colors or images. Mine has 2 faint lines that are easily seen when the screen is green or black. This issues isn’t terribly difficult to ignore but given the price and the vast competition, when I buy a new product I expect it to be immaculate. Motorolla does not consider this a defect, and even if you get a new phone it will most likely have the same issue. Some users do not notice this at all.
Second MAJOR ISSUE is the battery. The life is decent when the battery is new. The phone lasted through the whole work day usually and only needed a charge at night. After about a 1.5 years of use the battery is crap. I’m lucky if it lasts me 6 hours (with only about 45 min of actual use). I’ve checked all apps and done resets, and verified android version. This is not a software issue. The battery is just not big enough once it has some mileage on it. To make matters much much worse, the battery CANNOT BE REPLACED without ripping the old one out with a knife and voiding any warranty you may have.
Last issue is the Motorolla company. If you get a replacement phone for any defect it will be a refurbished phone, NOT A NEW PHONE. I wanted to get mine replaced for the lines on the screen when I first got it, but after the first 14 days any phone you get will be a pre-broken or damaged phone that has been repaired. While I usually stand by refurbished products, Motorolla does not do a good job. I have had several of their phones, (droid, Droid X, and several old style phones) and have had several replacements for various reasons. I have never, not once, received a replacement phone from Motorolla that is in perfect condition. Usually there are only minor issues such as scratches, or maybe a few dead pixels on the screen. Other times I have gotten replacements with the same problem as the original phone, or worse. This leads to trading out your phone many times, and losing all ability to communicate for as much as 2 weeks while waiting for the replacement.
CONCLUSION:
If you want this phone spend the extra money and get a Razr Maxx. If you are eyeballing any competitors phone buy that one instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have kept my DroidX, October 14, 2013
I "upgraded" to the Razr from my DroidX based on the promise of better battery life, etc. WRONG! Battery life is acceptable only as long as it is used in the phone mode only--activating data or wifi modes sucks the battery down within a few hours. Also, reception in fringe areas is much, much worse than the DroidX. I've experienced numerous dropped calls in areas where I had no dropped calls with the Droidx (exact same location, on a mountain top with line-of-sight distance to cell towers of 17 miles). Also, signal reception varies to the extent that it receives no signal at all (can't even place a call)for awhile, then later on the phone shows 3 or 4 bars and calls are no problem. Compared to other cell phones in the same location, the razr has very poor reception. If you plan on spending all your time in the city with lots of cell towers close by, the phone is fine. Rural or fringe areas, forget it. I had much better service with my old Droidx.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone I ever owned, July 3, 2013
I hate this phone. It has a mind of it's own. The touch screen works when IT wants to. It answers phone calls on it's own as well. Just an annoying unreliable piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good phone until software update, May 28, 2013
Phone worked well for the first year. Purchased in 01/12. Software update occurred in early spring of 13. Wiped out email access. Voice mail access. Phone will no longer ring - only vibrates.

1.0 out of 5 stars Portable allowing it to be moved from charger to charger, May 7, 2013
Loving the Droid Product I was happy to get the Droid Razr soon after I found the battery was almost dead after doing simple tasks. Apparently it has become an issue for everyone as my last update included a "Active Energy Saving program" In order to keep the phone serviceable they feel you must view the screen at 50% brightness and only sych data when your using the phone.

I cant wait until my next upgrade .. I will not even sell this phone used its that bad

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone sucked, April 3, 2013
Worst phone I've ever bought! Battery sucked. Extremely slow even with 4G. Nice design but with the performance so terrible the design means nothing. Hated e phone o much I paid full price to get an iPhone 4S and that was by far a better phone. Even with iPhones 3G it was faster than the razrs 4G

1.0 out of 5 stars You guys have to be kidding, January 9, 2013
I don't understand how this product can be rated higher than 1 star (only because you cant rate it zero). I know this phone is fast but... this phone has the poorest battery life of all the phones I have had - I can't get more than about 6 or 7 hours before I have to recharge. The Blackberry and Iphone I have had in the past (and will run back to when my conrtact is up) all had better battery life by hours!

Worst of all, this "smart phone" is not smart at all - after syncing for 7 months Motorola decided to discontinue supporting syncing software and now my phone wont sync anything but my email (no calendar, contacts etc). I wouldn't believe thye would have a product that would not sync a phone to a desktop - this is 2013 for goodness sake. After 8+ hours with Verizon/Motorola techs, I am told my phone will no longer sync to my outlook calendar etc but they will be happy to help me sync to a Google email/calendar etc.(can someone say hijacked).

Verizon and Motorola; two companies I would not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of breed, December 2, 2011
This unit oozes quality- the screen is brilliant-just watch HD video from Netflix and you'll understand why I say this. Fast- no lags, smart actions, motocast, 4g. So dang thin. Other than the forthcoming Nexus there really isn't a competitor out there, including the Rezound. Nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone available, November 11, 2011
Hold the phone in hand and then one will realize that how light and thin it is. Amazing feeling. Beautifully designed UI. Best performance. LTE speed is bonus. 12.5 hrs talk time is one of the best in smart phone category. Will be upgraded to ICS. What else I need?

Best phone available in market as of today and for sure for many coming months. (Nexus ICS does not have any release dates yet).

I don't care if battery is removable or not. I don't want to take out battery.

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›