5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have kept my DroidX, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I "upgraded" to the Razr from my DroidX based on the promise of better battery life, etc. WRONG! Battery life is acceptable only as long as it is used in the phone mode only--activating data or wifi modes sucks the battery down within a few hours. Also, reception in fringe areas is much, much worse than the DroidX. I've experienced numerous dropped calls in areas where I had no dropped calls with the Droidx (exact same location, on a mountain top with line-of-sight distance to cell towers of 17 miles). Also, signal reception varies to the extent that it receives no signal at all (can't even place a call)for awhile, then later on the phone shows 3 or 4 bars and calls are no problem. Compared to other cell phones in the same location, the razr has very poor reception. If you plan on spending all your time in the city with lots of cell towers close by, the phone is fine. Rural or fringe areas, forget it. I had much better service with my old Droidx.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone I ever owned, July 3, 2013
I hate this phone. It has a mind of it's own. The touch screen works when IT wants to. It answers phone calls on it's own as well. Just an annoying unreliable piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good phone until software update, May 28, 2013
Phone worked well for the first year. Purchased in 01/12. Software update occurred in early spring of 13. Wiped out email access. Voice mail access. Phone will no longer ring - only vibrates.

1.0 out of 5 stars Portable allowing it to be moved from charger to charger, May 7, 2013
Loving the Droid Product I was happy to get the Droid Razr soon after I found the battery was almost dead after doing simple tasks. Apparently it has become an issue for everyone as my last update included a "Active Energy Saving program" In order to keep the phone serviceable they feel you must view the screen at 50% brightness and only sych data when your using the phone.

I cant wait until my next upgrade .. I will not even sell this phone used its that bad

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone sucked, April 3, 2013
Worst phone I've ever bought! Battery sucked. Extremely slow even with 4G. Nice design but with the performance so terrible the design means nothing. Hated e phone o much I paid full price to get an iPhone 4S and that was by far a better phone. Even with iPhones 3G it was faster than the razrs 4G

1.0 out of 5 stars You guys have to be kidding, January 9, 2013
I don't understand how this product can be rated higher than 1 star (only because you cant rate it zero). I know this phone is fast but... this phone has the poorest battery life of all the phones I have had - I can't get more than about 6 or 7 hours before I have to recharge. The Blackberry and Iphone I have had in the past (and will run back to when my conrtact is up) all had better battery life by hours!

Worst of all, this "smart phone" is not smart at all - after syncing for 7 months Motorola decided to discontinue supporting syncing software and now my phone wont sync anything but my email (no calendar, contacts etc). I wouldn't believe thye would have a product that would not sync a phone to a desktop - this is 2013 for goodness sake. After 8+ hours with Verizon/Motorola techs, I am told my phone will no longer sync to my outlook calendar etc but they will be happy to help me sync to a Google email/calendar etc.(can someone say hijacked).

Verizon and Motorola; two companies I would not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of breed, December 2, 2011
This unit oozes quality- the screen is brilliant-just watch HD video from Netflix and you'll understand why I say this. Fast- no lags, smart actions, motocast, 4g. So dang thin. Other than the forthcoming Nexus there really isn't a competitor out there, including the Rezound. Nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone available, November 11, 2011
Hold the phone in hand and then one will realize that how light and thin it is. Amazing feeling. Beautifully designed UI. Best performance. LTE speed is bonus. 12.5 hrs talk time is one of the best in smart phone category. Will be upgraded to ICS. What else I need?

Best phone available in market as of today and for sure for many coming months. (Nexus ICS does not have any release dates yet).

I don't care if battery is removable or not. I don't want to take out battery.

2.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, January 16, 2012
Little over a month after I began using this phone, its screen cracked. This occurred not because I dropped it on a hard surface, but simply because I had it in my pant's front pocket. I was taking pictures with a regular camera during a birthday party, and the simple act of bending down apparently created too much pressure for its screen.

Customer service reps with Amazon, Verizon and Motorola were all friendly, but all said that since the incident occurred more than 30 days after I bought the Razr, they could not simply send me a new one, considering what occurred to be "physical damage." In the end, I've had to spend a little under $100 to repair it.

Those considering whether to buy this phone would be wise to google "droid razr and cracked screen" should they need further collaboration of what appears to be a common problem with this phone. Perhaps it is because it is too thin? I'm not an engineer, but I do recognize a flawed design when I see one; it should not be so easy to break something like this.

I gave the phone two stars instead of one because it really is enjoyable to use. Perhaps not as intuitive user-wise as an iphone, but I was really happy and satisfied with it until this occurred.

Gorilla Glass? Take it from my experience - don't believe the hype.

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY . . . if you rely on Mobile Hotspot!, December 21, 2011
I normally do not give reviews: positive or negative. However, if you're a person that uses your phone and PAY for the use of the phone as a mobile hotspot, then you will most likely not like this phone until an update is released. All over the Internet are posts about how wireless devices (such as a laptop or a tablet) connecting to the RAZR are not able to browse many websites when connected wirelessly to the mobile hotspot. However, USB tethering does allow you to browse websites just fine. I'm okay with glitches as long as they're corrected in a reasonable time. But, this issue is not slated to be resolved until mid-February. That is ridiculous! Furthermore, the wireless signal that the RAZR produces is very weak. Whereas, with my Motorola Atrix I can get signal in a nearby room using the Mobile Hotspot, with the RAZR you should expect continuously weak signal strength at this type of distance resulting in both frequent disconnects and slow pages.

On the other hand, I do like the rest of the phone. It has a large screen and is very light. The battery seems to also do very well. Ultimately, however, I cannot recommend this phone due to Motorola's snail-paced fix to an issue that should be handled more expediently. In this case, a very expensive data plan that you cannot fully utilize.

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›