5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, and is a great iPhone replacement so far
I have been waiting for this phone for quite a while and have spanned the internet looking for reviews on this thing before i bought it. I have had this phone from 11/11/11 and since launch time.

Here are some key things i will review to help you make your decision (hopefully)

Let me first tell you WHY i got the droid razr. A midst the launch of many...
Published on November 13, 2011 by Critical Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line with major glitch
Love this phone, had to get used to the wideness but works great! Only serious problem is the battery life. I work from home and have a car charger and am typing this in the red battery zone. Battery life is the worst. I also used to own a cell phone store for 3 years. Great phone minus the power it needs. Not sure what else to say except. I'll possibly return it if...
Published on December 16, 2011 by Edward Dupre

‹ Previous | 18 9 1020 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, February 16, 2015
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
words will not help

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone available, November 11, 2011
Hold the phone in hand and then one will realize that how light and thin it is. Amazing feeling. Beautifully designed UI. Best performance. LTE speed is bonus. 12.5 hrs talk time is one of the best in smart phone category. Will be upgraded to ICS. What else I need?

Best phone available in market as of today and for sure for many coming months. (Nexus ICS does not have any release dates yet).

I don't care if battery is removable or not. I don't want to take out battery.

2.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, January 16, 2012
Little over a month after I began using this phone, its screen cracked. This occurred not because I dropped it on a hard surface, but simply because I had it in my pant's front pocket. I was taking pictures with a regular camera during a birthday party, and the simple act of bending down apparently created too much pressure for its screen.

Customer service reps with Amazon, Verizon and Motorola were all friendly, but all said that since the incident occurred more than 30 days after I bought the Razr, they could not simply send me a new one, considering what occurred to be "physical damage." In the end, I've had to spend a little under $100 to repair it.

Those considering whether to buy this phone would be wise to google "droid razr and cracked screen" should they need further collaboration of what appears to be a common problem with this phone. Perhaps it is because it is too thin? I'm not an engineer, but I do recognize a flawed design when I see one; it should not be so easy to break something like this.

I gave the phone two stars instead of one because it really is enjoyable to use. Perhaps not as intuitive user-wise as an iphone, but I was really happy and satisfied with it until this occurred.

Gorilla Glass? Take it from my experience - don't believe the hype.

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY . . . if you rely on Mobile Hotspot!, December 21, 2011
I normally do not give reviews: positive or negative. However, if you're a person that uses your phone and PAY for the use of the phone as a mobile hotspot, then you will most likely not like this phone until an update is released. All over the Internet are posts about how wireless devices (such as a laptop or a tablet) connecting to the RAZR are not able to browse many websites when connected wirelessly to the mobile hotspot. However, USB tethering does allow you to browse websites just fine. I'm okay with glitches as long as they're corrected in a reasonable time. But, this issue is not slated to be resolved until mid-February. That is ridiculous! Furthermore, the wireless signal that the RAZR produces is very weak. Whereas, with my Motorola Atrix I can get signal in a nearby room using the Mobile Hotspot, with the RAZR you should expect continuously weak signal strength at this type of distance resulting in both frequent disconnects and slow pages.

On the other hand, I do like the rest of the phone. It has a large screen and is very light. The battery seems to also do very well. Ultimately, however, I cannot recommend this phone due to Motorola's snail-paced fix to an issue that should be handled more expediently. In this case, a very expensive data plan that you cannot fully utilize.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Android phone on the market (for a few months at least), December 8, 2011
duucfho (Orlando, Florida) - See all my reviews
While the RAZR does have some flaws, it is overall an excellent phone that I would recommend to anyone.

PROS:
-Beautiful design
-Huge, great looking display
-Incredible benchmark performance...no lag here!
-LTE performance in Orlando is insane: 30Mbps down /10mbps up!!!
-No MOTOBLUR!
-Battery life is good, as I am not a "power user". In a 24 hour period, I went from full charge down to 20%. LTE on, WiFi on, GPS off, moderate usage. For about 10 min every hour, I would be either playing games, checking email, or using social media apps.
-Some cool accessories like the dock, if that's your thing

CONS:
-While it CAN be rooted to remove bloatware, the locked bootloader still means no custom ROMS :( Luckily, custom launchers like LauncherPro or Go Launcher have many features of custom roms, minus the juicy stuff like overclocking
-No removable battery. Not that big a deal to me personally, but may be a dealbreaker to some.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad for the price, January 4, 2015
not bad for the price. a little slow with running apps and the internet. but overall a good phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Portable allowing it to be moved from charger to charger, May 7, 2013
Loving the Droid Product I was happy to get the Droid Razr soon after I found the battery was almost dead after doing simple tasks. Apparently it has become an issue for everyone as my last update included a "Active Energy Saving program" In order to keep the phone serviceable they feel you must view the screen at 50% brightness and only sych data when your using the phone.

I cant wait until my next upgrade .. I will not even sell this phone used its that bad

5.0 out of 5 stars Had a great experience., August 21, 2014
So pleasantly surprised. My son loves his new phone. Had a great experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Droid RAZR DEFFECTIVE BUYERS BEWARE, December 15, 2011
Okay let me start off by saying that up until last week i was a Motorola fan boy and this review saddens me to write.

Pros:
Thin
Light
Quick charge
Fits hand nicely
Touchscreen feels great
Battery life

Cons:
Black splotches (will explain bellow)
Battery life (how can it be a pro and con...ill get to that)
Heats up
Speaker static (only on the 2nd one)

BLACK SPLOTCHES: Yup they are definitely there, in fact Motorola has verified this in their statement and they specifically noted this IS NOT a defect and that there is no intention of fixing the issue. WARNING RANT( so what you're saying is that those splotches aren't a defect and the product was designed to have a terrible display...nice one moto) If you haven't heard about the splotches check out this video [...]

Battery: Here's the problem I have with the battery, my first razr lasted 7hr out of the box on the factory charge and for the first week I had great battery life, my 2nd one was terrible only got 5hrs of standby with NO use. Now my 3rd one seems to be like the first, decent battery life making it through the day of normal use. How can a company like moto pump out these phones with no removal battery and not quality check them to ensure the battery has no dead cells

All and all the device is filled with inconstant glitches and i feel as though the device was rushed into production. All Verizon will do is offer me a trade for the Bionic which as im sure everyone is aware is not a deal at all considering the price difference and age.

Anyone with the issue comment on the youtube video with your phones build date and a rough estimate as to the number of splotches. Your info will help build a case that will be presented to Motorola to show that this issue effects us users and we want a fix.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone ive ever owned, May 24, 2012
the droid razr is a horrible phone and verizon is a horrible disrespctful company i had my droid razr for 3 WEEKS b4 my screen cracked while it was charging and its not the outside screen its inside under my screen.i am very disappointed in verizon for having being told toooooo many times about this issue and not doing anything like fixing the issue and replacing customers phones ive been with verizon for 9 years and i will be switching services! THE DOID RAZR SUCKS!!

‹ Previous | 18 9 1020 | Next ›