Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on July 22, 2007
I have had my RIZR from T-Mobile for a few weeks now after switching from Verizon. I was originally considering the Nokia 5300. But when I compared the 2 phones side by side, the RIZR seemed more solid, more durable and less flimsy than the Nokia 5300. So I chose the RIZR and I could not be happier. The phone is easy to program and a breeze to use. The display is bright, clear and very easy to read (even without my bifocals!). So far the sound quality and reception have been outstanding. The best feature for me is the mp3 player. With my new RIZR I can transfer mp3 songs directly from my computer to my phone with a simple drag and drop (the 128 MB card is not very large, but enough for my needs). I can then select the songs to act as ringtones. Being able to assign a song/ringtone to a certain phone number is a really cool feature, at least for me.
The mp3 player included with the phone is very easy to use too.
My only "minor" gripe is the screen goes black during calls. But I found pressing the volume up button, which displays the volume screen temporarily, brings the main screen back fast enough for me.
All in all a great phone and highly recommended.
on July 2, 2007
I am in love with this phone. First of all I am a big supporter of the pink gadget movement and red is my favorite color ... and this rose color just happens to be a beautiful shade bewteen red and pink. The size of the phone when closed is the length of my palm and 2/3 the width of my palm and i have small hands. When open the phone extends but falls short of touching my fingertips. in other words the phone is a phone that fits in your hand AND in your pocket! Despite what some reviews have said the picture quality pretty superb for a camera phone. I have a sidekick 3 as well and as much as I adore my sidekick, the 1.3 megapixel camera can not seem to take a beautiful picture under poor lighting...however, not only can the RIZR take a beautiful picture in poor lighting (which is any lighting indoor when it comes to the sidekick) it can take up to at least 4 other types of pictures. you can take negative shots, blue shots, shots from far away or shots from way too close...photoshop addict you say (like I am)... having this phone feels like you always have a pocket photoshop.The call quality is also superb on speaker and off. My Biggest favorite of the phoneis the design of the phone. The push bar in the center is helpful so you don't grease the screen as you open the phone. there is a floral design opposite the screen which is beautiful and gives people another reason to be jealous of you. and all the keys are cleary labeled. My rating is two thumbs up...I LOVEEE this phone!!
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2007
At first I was in love with this phone. The text messaging system is awesome, the screen is nice and big with a good picture quality, and the size is an advantage. It also can be very loud if need be, although that wears the battery down rather quickly. It also has the advantage of having a USB port for a charger, which makes the likelihood of having a friend with the same charger higher. HOWEVER, it's small sliding size makes it a little bit fragile. After having this seemingly perfect phone for two and a half months, it is doing some weird things. First, it loses service extremely easily, which it did not do at first. That wouldn't be so bad if the screen didn't also go white whenever this happened. Whenever it whites out like that, I can't do anything; I can't look at pictures, or my numbers, and if I'm working on a textmessage, it gets lost and not saved to drafts. It happens all the time. Obviously this is extremely annoying, and it would seem that the phone is either badly designed, or broken. I have not been unusually rough on this phone, so I don't believe that it should be broken so early on in it's lifespan. My best guess is that the rizer is a problem prone phone, and I would think twice about buying one if I were you.
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2008
I had this phone for three days before rushing to return it. I LOVE the look and feel of the phone as well as the keypad. All wonderful. Don't get me started on the 2mp camera with "flash." GREAT! I also love that you cannot overcharge the battery as well as the feature where if you can't get to the phone right away, a message will tell the caller to hold on a sec. One of the reasons I returned it is the alarm. You have to set it EVERY NIGHT! I have friends with Motorola phones and their phones had the multi-alarm feature where you can set it by day, etc. Why doesn't THIS phone have that? Another thing that got on my nerves was the UI. Samsung has spoilt me with their numbered menus. Pressin' the down key nine times to get to the 9th menu option when I can just press the no. 9 key just doesn't make sense to me in this day and age. The speaker phone isn't loud enough either. Hey, if I didn't take enough time to get to know the phone and I'm wrong about any of this, please lemme know. I opted for a Samsung Blast. Looooove it! Got my numbered menus and the "flash" on the Motorola Rizr z3 is nothing compared to all the frames, clip art and other fun stuff you can do with Samsung's camera options. Still I can't stop thinkin' about the Rizr z3. However, when I get past its looks, the romance is done.
on April 14, 2008
I used to have an old Motorola Razor and I decided that this had a lot of new perks. Yeah, sometimes. But it's definitely not the greatest..

PROS:
- it looks nice; there's that pretty design on the back when you slide it open
- I'm biased here but it's MUCH faster than my last razr with mp3, good message storage, etc.
- good battery life!
- you can charge through your computer
- easy transfer to computer
- camera is surprisingly clear; obviously not great, but pretty good
- OK at recording videos- sounds are compromised a bit.
- when you play the music, it's really clear. pretty loud, too.

SO-SO:
- it takes a while to get used to texting/typing on this phone. but you begin to get used to it and yes, I type faster than the phone can process but it's not too bad.
- the music player is a little useless; I like to close my phone and listen to the music but if you set it like that, you can't "close ALL your applications when you close the phone."
- pre-set games suck.

CONS:
- a little bulky compared to my razr.
- the alarms: I swear they didn't go off for me more than once..and I woke up late..
- sometimes, when a call goes through/I call someone, I can't hear them and they can't hear me. This gets REALLY annoying when I have to call them back. This happens at least twice a week..
- I don't know if the problem is with my service or not, but my friend has tried to call me 10 times once when I had no service and my phone didn't pick up any of the missed calls except once. I don't know what's going on. But that wasn't the first time; people have tried to call me and I never get that missed call notification..

All in all, it's an OK phone. I've had it for about 4 months and I don't love it because of the cons, but I'm pretty stuck with it. I also think I'm getting a little tired of Motorola.. maybe I'll go to Samsung or Nokia next time.
on February 24, 2008
Before this phone I had a simple no camera, flip, bulky cell phone. To go from that to this was like watching the Wizard of Oz in theatres the year it came out. My friend and I were picking out our dream phones for months and this was always on the top of my list. Finally for my birthday I got it! The camera has excellent quality, the rose color isn't a baby pink and won't be easily outgrown, and the ability to connect the phone to my computer via USB awed me for months! At that time, I was unable to text because of parental units and the costs. However, for Christmas, I received the gift of the ability to text. This is where I first found my problem. When you really get good at using the numeric keypad to text, you type pretty fast. You can tell that the letters were coming to the screen a little slower than the speed at which you text. It doesn't sound like a big problem, because it isn't, but it can be somewhat irritating and it can screw you up when you type. Similarly, the buttons do have a second delay when you open up the menu and other applications. Another problem I have found is that after sliding it all the time, you start to feel the front part become a little loose; almost like a loose tooth, kinda. One thing I was kinda dissapointed with was the music player. It wouldn't recognize any itunes files, so I couldn't download any of my itunes-bought music. But music files from CDs would open and play. A problem I have been having lately is that it keeps freezing on me when I open my contacts, but it returns within a few seconds. I can't give any advice about the IM or internet programs, but I can tell you that they are there, and from just opening the T-zones, the internet is slow. So definitly do not buy this phone thinking you will use the internet. The good applications are the voice and movie recordings because you can set your personal voice recordings as a ringtone or even more specificly, which I had fun doing, set a specialized "Caitlin's calling!" ringtone for a specific contact! Recording movies on this phone is phenomenal because you can record for up to almost half of an hour! From my experience, (and I'm not the business type), but the voice recognization program seemed to work pretty well. Taking all of this into consideration, I thought the cost was a little pricey because I didn't get a discount from a 2-year contract. (I didn't want to be locked to the phone company or plan.) The signal strength usually wasn't that great, but I'm pretty sure that it was T-mobile's fault. But when it did the quality did sound pretty nice. All in all, I love this phone and it has met my needs.
on February 8, 2008
Please take time to read this review, and if you want to save yourself a lot of frustration, take into account this review before you even THINK about buying this phone.

The phone texts so slowly that if you type in a word with more than two letters you have to wait for it to catch up with you. If you try to just type everything in all at once without seeing what you wrote the phone will jumble letters and get confused.

The only way to see which are incoming calls and which are outgoing calls is to look closely to see if there is a blue or orange arrow next to the person. It took me a month to figure this out, the symbols are very small and there are no separate sections for outgoing/incoming/missed calls.

There is no way to turn off repeated vibrate when you get a text. It will continue to vibrate, over and over and over, (spaced about a two minutes apart) until you've read the text.

The phone itself is slow. When you push a button, it doesn't instantly take you where you want to go, there is about a three second lag, which doesn't sound bad but if you are doing more than just calling someone it gets annoying pretty quickly. It reminds me of dial-up internet, waiting for pages to load.

Last but not least, if you are buying it for the 2.0 megapixel camera, you won't be disappointed, the image quality is great, but unfortunately the three second lag applies here too. So unless you're taking pictures of still objects you will be frustrated with what you get.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2007
Installed bigger microSD memory and connected USB cable. I can see "video" and "audio" folder inside of "Mobile" folder, and then put mp3 files or mp4 video files into each folder. I can create play list and short cut from the menu. In case of video, I use "Total Video Converter" to downsize the image into "320x240" on mp4. It provides full screen view with wide screen. You don't need IPOD or other MP3/MP4 protable media player.
on September 17, 2008
My two sons have this phone. The size and camera are great, durability is NOT. On one phone the back button stopped working. On the other phone the center button fell off (just like another review). The T-mobile store says buttons that fall off are not covered under warrantee. We are already buying a different phone at full price to replace the one with the buttons that fell off.
on November 9, 2007
I received my Rizr z3 as an upgrade from the Samsung Trace (which, with a few drawbacks, I LOVED). The screen size is very comparable to the Trace, but compared to the Trace the display is archaic & pixel-y. While photos are captured more quickly than the Trace, the quality of the photos isn't quite as good. The body is solid, the Z3 has a pretty comfy hand feel, although it is much more bulky than my sleek Trace. The slider function is smooth & solid compared to other slider phones. Text messaging is easy, the auto memory quickly picks up new & frequently used words and practically texts by itself.

The biggest drawback is the SO SO SLOW processor. After pushing a button it will think for a minute, then begin the command. This is especially noticeable on infrequently used commands, photo albums, & music files. For photo viewing it takes a long time to actually pull up the photo album list. Then the Z3 will display pictures slowly, one at a time on the list, pausing to think after one picture is displayed. Not only is this frustrating, but browsing an entire photo album to locate one picture takes forever. Motorola should have added an automatic sub-folder feature for ease of organization.

Personally, I don't have the patience to wait for this phone to think while it processes my commands in photo albums, music, even the phone book. It is excruciatingly frustrating trying to locate one picture for a wallpaper or to text to a friend. I would not recommend this phone unless you are extremely patient, or enjoy slow torture.