5.0 out of 5 stars The New Gold Standard - 1/2 Marathon Proof
I took it for the team and bought these without waiting for reviews from others on Amazon.com. There were enough good reviews from tech sites that I bought them from BB the first day they were available.

Published 22 months ago by Super T

1.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaw
Published 21 months ago by michael r nix

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Gold Standard - 1/2 Marathon Proof, November 7, 2012
Super T (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/White (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Pros
- Very comfortable, ran a 1/2 marathon in them and had absolutely no discomfort. Far more comfortable than the Sennheiser PMX70 AND PMX80s that I usually run with.
- Behind the neck so they don't fall out of my ears like my Bose IE2s (once in a while) that I bought 30 days ago and whose wires are already showing.
- Wireless rocks
- Audio quality is great. I like them better than my Bose and Sennheiser. They get louder than Bose.
- Controls are easy to use. Volume Up/Down, On/Off/Equalizer, Pause/Play/Forward One Song/Back One Song - there may be more settings, but I didn't read the manual.
- Quick Charge - yes, it only takes 15 minutes to fully charge them
- Full Charge listening time - I've never pushed them beyond 3 hours, but they appear to last for 5+ hours. They tell you how much charge time you have left when you turn them on and they are consistent with 5+ hours
- They didn't break after 2 uses like the 2 sets of Logitech Backbeat 903 headphones I had (but returned)
- build quality - these things feel sturdy, very sturdy - time will tell
- They don't leak sound so people around you don't hear what you're listening to
- Good distance - I'd say you're ok out to 150ft. No problems on the same floor of a townhome. Have full connectivity with one floor of separation until I go to the opposite side of the townhome (from where laptop or phone are).
- Works great - superb with Samsung Nexus and Samsung laptop
- Fully controls Spotify so I expect it would work with iPhone since everyone makes sure they are compatible with iPhones first.
- Great volume, love it

Cons
- Phone calls are ok, definitely passable for carrying on a conversation. I've tested them on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which has its own issues in terms of call quality (and might be the cause of minor clarity problems I've had with these). Haven't checked them on my iphone yet, which has better call quality than my Nexus.

I've only had the headphones just shy of 2 weeks, but, at this point, these headphones rock - they are now the standard for wireless headphones and easily beat out the wired ($130 and below) headphones I own in terms of quality (sound and build).

Will update if anything changes to pay back for all the great reviewers who have helped me make purchases.
Thanks!

-- additional note
I primarily use these in the gym and I haven't had any problems with them either with free weights or on machines.
I'm seriously hoping they last!

******* Update 8/12/2013 ********
I have the infamous crack in the center of the headband. I have an additional crack where the left ear module connects to the head band. I've been fairly careful with them too. I've had the cracks for at least a month and used duct tape to reinforce both cracks. The headphones still work perfectly, but I have contacted Motorola for a return, which doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm hoping they fixed this problem as another review indicated. I won't know for sure until I get them and use them for several months though.
Will update w/any new information.
- one other con: when turning the headset on or off it plays a different musical tone. I usually have to guess if it is actually turning on or off since it doesn't always tell me battery life when I turn it on. A better option would for it to just say, "headset off" or "headset on."

4.0 out of 5 stars Well balanced full sound, deep bass - it survived P90X but didn't survive pairing with 2 devices - recommended, November 17, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've become a common evaluator of headphones for Amazon, having evaluated quite a few high quality over the ear headphones, in-the-ear bud-style products, and also lots of single-ear bluetooth earpieces. This is my first bluetooth wrap-around style headphone review. Overall I am impressed, but I have a few reservations.

COMFORT

Most important for this class of headphones is comfort and fit. These are behind the head style headphones that are designed to stay in even during strenuous activity. They come with 4 different ear bud silicone inserts, but I found the ones already installed worked just fine (there are 2 smaller options a 1 bigger one over the ones installed). The headphones form a nice seal inside the ears that doesn't feel too tight and stayed put. Behind the head, the headphones were a little large, but there is an additional adjustable band you can install that reduces the size quite well. Even on my larger head the headphones stayed put. The individual buds also pivoted to adjust to exact head shape.

How well did they stay put? I decided to do a Beach Body P90X Cardio workout including Yoga and they stayed put the entire time. Of course, they started to get a bit uncomfortable as I sweated, but it's to be expected. The point is that they did not move despite doing floor exercises and jumping jacks.

SOUND

Just as I would expect, they sound great and well balanced. Not too hard on the bass, not too hard on the treble. Hard rock for workouts, classical for relaxing - it all sounded great to me. Immersive sound while outside noises were completely blocked. I'd say my Audio Technica's or my Monster headphones with large pads are likely better sounding and fuller, but those are wired headphones with thick pads that are certainly not designed for workouts.

INTERFACE

The headphones arrived partially charged (a soothing voice told me they have 4 hours of charge). They were incredibly simple to use. I turned them on and had them paired with my iPhone in no time. The right ear features the power switch and volume control while the left ear has the multi-function button. The right ear also has the LED status light and a rubber-grommeted micro-USB port for charging. Thanks Motorola for using a standard charging port! The package includes a wall-wart micro-USB charger as well.

The place the interface suffers is in the multi-plexed switch. Push once to pause, twice to skip forward, three times to skip back. The instruction manual has a dozen phone features that can be activated, but you will need the manual to figure it out. It worked, but with so much space, couldn't we get more intuitive controls and a few more buttons?

BLUETOOTH RANGE

Unbelievably long. I use a Plantronics Legend with my phone and it will lose signal after a short distance. But with the S11-Flex HD, I can put my iPhone 4 in one corner of my house and walk to the other corner of the other floor and still get great sound. Truly impressive bluetooth range.

TELEPHONE CALLS

No problem here - I made a call and the microphone picked up my voice quite well. I was enjoying my music during a run and was able to easily take a call without missing a beat. Noise cancellation isn't great like a dedicated headset, but for switching to a phone call without removing the headset, it works very well.

BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONALITY

Sadly, here is where the headphones lose a star. First, I noticed that the volume switch on the headphones doesn't send a signal to the phone to change the volume (as my Plantronics devices do), but rather changes the volume of the headset. So if the phone volume is set low it can be impossible to get it turned up high enough using just the headset controls. Other bluetooth headphones I have owned send the signal to the phone to change the volume.

I was also disappointed that multipoint didn't work. My Plantronics Legend is paired to both my iPhone 4 and iPad 3, both running iOS 6.0.1. I routinely switch back and forth between them, so I know how it should work. The Motorola paired successfully to the iPhone 4, but when I tried to pair it to the iPad, the screen said pairing was "unsuccessful", but then it showed as connected in Settings. I had never seen that before. Sure enough, the audio prompts in the headset said it was connected to 2 devices, but the iPad never recognized it.

Switching the order, I deleted it from both devices, paired it to the iPad first and then the iPhone. The iPad then worked fine, but when I paired to the iPhone, I got the same "unsuccessful" message.

Sadly, I must report that at least for the iPhone/iPad, I could not get it to switch back and forth, even though the headset thinks it is paired to both.

CONCLUSION

Motorola has done a nice job with the form factor and audio quality here. The range is truly impressive, and the ability to keep up with the activity of P90X was truly impressive. These would be 5 star headphones, but the clunky multiplexed interface combined with the malfunctioning multipoint force me to detract a star. If you don't absolutely need multipoint, I recommend these headphones.

UPDATE September 2013:

When I wrote this review, I wasn't into running yet. I got into running about 8 months ago, and found this headset to be amazing for my runs. It stays put on my head and doesn't slip around. I love having it bluetooth-paired to my iPod Nano so I can listen to music while running. I do wish there was another switch to switch tracks though. The multifunction switch requires you to "double click" to skip a song, which isn't always easy while running. I also run with my iPhone and if someone calls, I am able to take the call with this headset, another nice feature.

I did want to note one thing. The bendy white plastic back of the headset started to develop cracks last month. I could still get it on my head, but it did not hold tight. A few other reviewers had the same issue. I called Motorola to complain, and they replaced the headset when I explained which part broke. It appears that this is a known issue with early models of the headset. The new one they sent looks a bit different - both control buttons are orange (on the old one, one was orange the other was black). I have had no issue with cracking since I got the new one.

A good accessory to consider as well is Otterbox Motorola S11 Flex HD Headphone Case - Black to protect these headphones in a gym bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true?, November 16, 2012
nujerzydevil (browns mills, NJ) - See all my reviews
I was first introduced to the S11's by a co-worker. He was hyping them up, telling me about the sound quality and blah blah.. I didn't show much interest since I've had a not so good history with prior bluetooth headsets and much prefer wired sets. He finally just gave them to me to test, syncing took less than a minute.

As soon as you cut them on, a pleasing sound effect ranging from lows to highs.. then a lady tells me how much battery is available. So I open the music app on my S3 and loaded up a song. Bam, before the song was over.. I was convinced that I would be purchasing these, that quick. I held on to his S11's and "tested" them for about 4 hours. Music app, IheartRadio, Pandora.. Everything I threw at it, they played with excellent quality. I ordered my own set during my next break.

I've been using them for about a week and a half now, they get me through the work day much easier. I've never had them die on me yet. The battery lasts forever, over 5 hours of continuous use. A complete charge on these things takes about 15-20 minutes and you are back to 100% battery. I work 12 hour shifts in a noisy warehouse, noise cancellation on these things is amazing.

During music playback, you will still get notified for texts, emails and phone calls if being used with a cell. The nice lady will read out the number of whose calling you, but who memorizes numbers anymore? Would be nice if she at least attempted to read the contacts name. Maybe something for the S12's to consider ;) A simple, single touch of the multi-funtion button will answer/hang up the call. During music playback, single click will mute/unmute, double click will skip forward, triple click will skip backwards. Cover your left ear with your left hand.. the tip of your thumb is where the multi-function button is. Very conveniently places.

On to phone calls. Not exactly like holding the phone up to your ear. But bluetooth itself is plagued with horrible call quality. For that being a known "bluetooth" issue (not S11).. I will not deduct a star. Music quality and volume on these far outweighs the call quality.

When you first get these, dedicate a good 10-15 minutes to getting them to fit comfortably. The actual ear pieces slide out and it comes with a little strap for people with smaller heads. I have a pretty big dome so i didn't even connect it. Moto did a pretty good job with making this compatible for people with the biggest and smallest of heads.

Did I mention that the music quality is better than my wired set? lol. And I'm not talking the OEM wired set that came with my S3. These S11's sound better than my $100 Klipsch S4A's. And those are rated up there with the beats audio.

All in all, I'm completely satisfied with this purchase.. Worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaw, December 25, 2012
A mechanical engineer, I was impressed with the design initially. About a week of being totally impressed with the headset, I put it on one afternoon and noticed it was cracked in the middle of the curved section of the headset. Even though I remember being careful putting it on and off, I immediately thought it was a design flaw. I thought it best to return it (giving Motorola the benefit of my doubt). Perhaps I wasn't as cautious as I thought. I returned it to Amazon and immediately received a replacement as requested (great customer service). About two weeks of occasional use and very cautious handling, (putting the headset on and taking it off), the replacement headset snapped in two just like the first! It didn't actually "snap", it fractured/broke in the same place as the first headset. Unfortunately there is an inherent design flaw in the curved main body of the headset. and it will continue to break in the same way regardless of the user. I have not sent the last one back to Amazon as I kind of feel I should have known better. If someone at Amazon or Motorola reads this review and offers a refund, I will be obliged to take it although I would be honored to revise the design and fix the problem permanently. Other than the problem of snapping in two twice, it's a great headset...........lol!

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a new release that have fixed the broken / snapping issue, August 2, 2013
Hello,

I bought the headset yesterday after reading all the negative reviews regarding how the back of the headset snapped ... yeah I am a sucker.
They seem to work real well and better than my returned bluebud jaybird's.

After doing more research I cam across a motorola forum that addressed this and informs you that with out quoting them, the headset release was defective but now there is a new release that addressed the issue.

Main things to be able to distinguish are on good one power button is "orange" vrs "black" on bad and if you open the part where you charge the headset it will have a part number "13152" which is higher than intital part number that was defective.

Hope this helps and here is link to forum thread:

[...]

**** Note it says page=9 so that could change as other people comment .....

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars...for what it is, January 2, 2013
To begin, I should preface this review by stating that I am a bit of an audio snob. Now, I won't be spending $500+ on a set of over-the-ear studio monitors (I have other priorities for my cash), but would not have a problem spending up to $200 on a pair of high-quality headphones that are well-built, durable, and sound great. I am an audiophile newbie. As such, I have come to learn the difference between a crappy set of earbuds to a really nice set of earbuds. Up until recently, I thought my Skullcandy 50/50s sounded great compared to my old $15 buds, and they DO. However, I decided to do some heavy research to find a nice set of studio monitor over-the-ear headphones that wouldn't break the bank...just to see what I was missing. I settled on the HIGHLY reviewed Sony MDR-V6s, which run about $65. Cheap! I'll also say that my eyes have been opened. I've compared them to many other headphones costing more than three times the cost, and only the Sennheiser HD380s ($200-ish) were even comparable. Beats by Dre sounded horrible. I say all of this because if you are currently running any sort of crappy earbuds (including just about anything under $50), and have never heard something akin to the Sony MDR-V6s, you will be most impressed with the Motorola S11 Flex-HDs.

In reading up on bluetooth headphones, the majority of audiophiles will tell you not to bother. So much of the music quality is lost in the wireless transmission, that you're better off just buying a cheap set of earbuds. I would say for the most part, I would agree. I tried a set of Jabra Backbeat 903+, but quickly found them to be a bit frustrating. Getting a good "seal" in the ear canal is of the upmost importance to carry the best quality audio, and no amount of finagling would allow the 903+s to stick in my ear. They just sort of hovered on the outside. Sound quality was marginal. I gave them to my daughter...she listens to crap like One Direction, so she has lousy taste in music anyway, and she loves them. After doing additional research, I stumbled upon these, but wasn't finding much on Head-Fi.org or the like that would give me an idea on their quality. I took a shot and picked up a set at Best Buy. Here are my personal ramblings on them:

BUILD QUALITY:
First off, these things OOZE high-quality. I've played with the Motorola S10s and a few other models, and these things are FANTASTIC. They are much more flexible than other sets I've seen. They are sleek looking, lightweight, and aren't terribly obstrusive when worn. The controls consist of three buttons: the multifunction button, which (when worn) sits directly behind your left ear, under the headphones. Very easy to reach with your left thumb. The button itself has a nice rubbery texture, is easy to find blind, and has a satisfying tactile click when depressed. One click plays/pauses music, two clicks fast forwards to the next track, and three clicks reverses to the beginning of the current song or the prior track. Tapping the button produces an unobtrusive beep in the headphones, just so you know it has been activated.

On the right side you'll find three buttons. The power button is on top of the right ear, while the volume up and down buttons are behind the right ear. Again, they are sturdy buttons, not loose or jiggly, and are raised and easy to find blind. Take your right hand and put your index finger and middle finger behind your right here. That's EXACTLY where the two volume buttons are located...the index finger will be on volume down, the middle finger on volume up.

When powering up the unit, a nice musical tone plays (sounds cool!) and the unit speaks to you, stating that it is paired, along with an approximate amount of play time left on the battery. Powering down produces another series of nice tones, just so you know it's shut down. Volume up button creates a beep that increases in pitch as the volume is raised, and decreases in pitch as the volume is lowered.

Overall build quality is excellent. They are extremely solid, yet very lightweight. The color scheme is pretty slick too...being a matte black and silver, with copper accent rings at the bases of the earbuds...very slick. If you are a runner or biker at night, the band that goes around the back of your neck has those highly reflective tapes on them to help drivers spot you, which is a very nice touch for safety purposes...way to go Motorola.

BATTERY:
So far, so good. This unit is designed to charge OUTRAGEOUSLY QUICKLY. I mean...just stupid fast. 15 minutes on the charger will net you THREE HOURS of play time. At a full charge, when turning the unit on, it tells me that it have over 5 hours of play time left. I haven't fully drained it yet, but after a few uses and a couple of recharges, the time window it announces to me when powering on seems to be holding up. There are other bluetooth headphones out there with better battery life, but these charge so damn fast, I don't know that I'll ever have an issue.

FIT:
The headphones come with an "inner band" that mounts on the inside of the visible main band itself (the one that goes behind your head). This inner band is fully size-adjustable (think of the button-type adjuster on the back of a baseball cap...same thing here), and can be tweaked so that the headband itself does not flop around on your head, which could unseat the earbuds...a common issue with designs like this. It's an ingenious design really...very well thought out, and it WORKS. Let me tell you...when you have these on, with the rings over your ears, and the inner band slightly touching the back of your neck, these headphones absolutely WILL NOT MOVE. Shake your head about all you want...they won't budge. Not even a little...and I've tried.

The unit comes with FOUR earbud pads/cushions of various sizes. Yes...that's FOUR FULL SETS, not three like some other sites might say. I found the size that was installed in the box to be the best fit for me personally (so far), although there are two sizes smaller, and one size larger. Further, the earbuds themselves have some nice adjustment capabilities. They can extend downward or upward to a degree that will probably be more than anyone would ever need, and can rotate/pivot inwards or outwards as well. This is EXTREMELY helpful in getting that good "seal" in your ear canal, whereas other headsets are very limited and may not be able to be positioned properly for the best sound. Still, a set of earcushions that go deeper into the ear would be nice (I'm looking at you Motorola).

SOUND:
And now the important part. First off, I will say that these have moderate noise-cancellation capabilities. They cut off less outside noise than say my Skullcandy 50/50s (or especially my amazing Sony V6s), which is my only gripe. If I'm listening to music, for the most part I want a LOT of sound isolation. Wanna talk to me? Come back later...I'm rocking out. I've tried the various ear cushions provided, but have yet to find the one that gives me the perfect seal I'm looking for. It's CLOSE though. That being said, most folks may very likely use these for sports, where being able to hear ambient noise is important/critical. When used for this purpose, I would say that these have the perfect blend of ambient noise reduction, while still being able to hear what's going on around you.

These apparently have an 8mm driver, which allows for decent sound reproduction range. They aren't anywhere near on par with my V6s (and they shouldn't be), but the level of detail they can produce is FAR better than my Skullcandy earbuds. It's easy to make out subtle details in the music with these, although there isn't much soundstage I would say, which I would describe as the scope and breadth of the music around you. It's pretty much just RIGHT THERE. They sound good, don't get me wrong, but not with the width you'd get with a set of over-the-ear headphones.

With my Skullcandy buds, poor quality tracks (less than 128kbp bitrate) sounded about on par with higher quality tracks. On these S11s, the reproduction quality is so good that the poor quality tracks I have actually sound pretty horrid. Nothing can awaken you to the low quality music tracks on your phone/ipod like a great set of headphones, and these have the ability to do that. Fair warning though, be prepared for the inevitability that some of your music might sound terrible on these, just like they're supposed to. If you're anything like me, you'll start flagging music tracks to delete from your device when you hear them played on these phones...they're so good they make poor quality music SOUND like poor quality music. Then you'll be clamoring to replace your music files with better quality versions...and that's a good thing.

One other bonus, these headphones are bluetooth APT-x codec compatible. Google it. Awesome stuff, and they work GREAT with my EVO LTE.

PHONE FUNCTIONS:
Telephone calls work perfectly. Both speakers work when speaking with someone, which makes for a nice audio balance (you won't be asking folks to repeat themselves), and other callers have been able to hear me just fine. When an incoming call comes in, a nice computerized female voice (with a subtle british accent) states "incoming call from XXX-XXX-XXXX". It actually reads the number. Attempting to state the caller name would be nicer, but I have a limited number of contacts on my phone, so this suits me fine. Just tap the multi-function button behind your left ear to answer the call. Tap again to hang up. Easy.

BLUETOOTH RANGE:
Very high. I set my phone down on my kitchen counter and then proceeded to walk through my 1600 sq ft home with no loss of signal. Tried this at work, and in a well-constructed office building, the signal only started to break up after I had about three-four walls between me and my phone. VERY NICE...range seems to go on FOREVER. I have noticed a few hiccups here and there in the audio, brief skips in the music even with my phone right next to me, but I attest that to either my phone being overtaxed on tasks taking up system resources, or perhaps outside interference. This doesn't happen enought to be an annoyance at all though.

In all, I would give these 4 to 5 stars, depending on what you're using them for. If you want a set of headphones to go completely wireless, appreciate good quality audio, want a durable item that seems like it's built like a tank, and don't want to have to reseat them every 30 seconds, then BUY THESE. They are FIVE STARS, and the best all-around wireless earbud package you can get. They put everything else in this price range (that is wireless of course) to shame. My Backbeat 903+ are embarrassing when compared to these.

For pure audio quality, I would rate these FOUR STARS, but that's really an unfair comparison as I am stacking them up against the likes of my full-size Sony MDR-V6s. Earbuds can only do so much, especially when wireless, but for the features, these are really great at this price point, and personally, I'd say $130 is a fair price.

DISCLAIMER: I utilize an Android-based smartphone with the "Poweramp" app, which has an amazing amount of sound customization capability (full EQ, preamp, SRS, the whole works), so that should be taken into consideration. If you plug these into a phone/iPOD and don't fiddle with the audio settings, they'll sound bland. BEEF UP YOUR SOURCE! If you have a music player that allows you to tweak an EQ, the Motorola S11 Flex-HDs will really shine. I'd buy them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stupid design for "flexible" product!, November 27, 2012
Update 01/10/2013: So my headphones have also suffered the cracking at the center of the behind-the-neck arch. Would it have killed the designers to include some metal reinforcement there? I was not using the product in any rough manner, certainly not on any marathons. Any product intended to be flexed, repeatedly, should be designed for that. This product is designed for tiny-necked people who will never stress that part of the product.

Five stars for sound quality and BT reception, 1 star for horrible product design.

Original review:
Prior to purchasing these I was using LG's HBS-730 Tone+ headphones. I liked the sound and feel, but reception was terrible. As I'm writing this review, I am sitting in my basement about 50 feet away from my phone and getting perfect reception.
I wear glasses, so the behind-ear pads are mildly disruptive and I suspect the bend in my ears may become uncomfortable if I use them all day, but I'm typically putting on and off my headphones over the course of the day, so I'm not too concerned.
Play/Pause, Next Track, Last Track, and volume control are all very easy to use.
I am not a huge fan of over-processing, so do not use the built-in presets, but they do work and are easy to access.
The voice updates on changing/accessing features seems a bit loud, but otherwise helpful.
Definitely charge to full. On a full charge (charging light solid green), the headphones state "more than 5 hours" of battery time.
The LED light is completely unobtrusive, so will not interfere with daily use.
They seem just the right tightness; should have no issues if using in high-movement activities.
Will update review if the need arises, but as of right now, very satisfied with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far So Good!, November 4, 2012
Joel Cochren (Austin, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
So far this headset is exceptional in the design, functionality and sound quality. It is unfortunate that so many of us spent so much on the SF 600 headset, that was clearly not designed for athletic use where it would be exposed to moisture, only to find that in many cases Motorola did not want to accept responsibility for the product failure. I am hoping this product turns out to be solid with regard to using it during exercise and not failing.

Pros
Great sound
Very good functionality
Features, such as Bass, Treble, Voice control
Dual mic for great phone conversation
Does not drag on your neck during exercise or active use

Cons
None so far...I'll update if the moisture issue creeps in on these like the SF 600s

BTW Jaybirds Freedom have suffered from the same moisture problem as the SF 600s plus the strap drags on your neck and becomes annoying during active workouts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gym Rat Review, December 10, 2012
mike "MikeInBA" (Tulsa, Oklahoma United States) - See all my reviews
**Disclaimer: this is the first bluetooth headset i have ever purchased**

First day i got these i immediately went to the gym to see if they would work for me. $100+ is a lot for me to spend on a pair of headphones, and I had reservations about the band that wraps around the head. Right out of the box it is at least partially charged (a nice voice tells me there are at least 4 hours of charge left). Turned the BT on my Lumia 920 and connected instantly, no muss no fuss. First up interval jump roping: Went 20 minutes and this thing didnt budge. No jiggling, or a feeling that they might be coming off. I sweat like a pig during this which makes me worry about the buttons lasting. After jump rope, I did a general all body workout. I was concerned that bench press might be uncomfortable, but just a slight tilt of the head, nothing uncomfortable or distracting, and the headphones felt fine while lying down. Next i wanted to test distance since after a lot of research it seems one issue people have with BT headsets is range. I left my phone at a exercise station and walked 50 paces (not feet) to the water fountain. No skipping, dropping, static or any type of interference. So range, battery life, and comfort are very good on this headset. You will most likely need to use the optional adjustable band. I tried going without, and they just didnt "feel" right.

I also went home and paired this with my MS Surface with no hassle. Streamed some xbox music while walking around the house and again, the range performed excellent. The audio with these is really good. Like I mentioned above, these are my first BT headphones, and they are easily better than any wired ones i have purchased (I have never spent more than $30 on wired sets, and i think my old iPhone4 headphones were good too, if that gives you an idea of what im comparing).

Call quality is acceptable. You can hear people fine, but those on the receiving end say it sounds like you are on speaker. No one has complained they cant hear me though. Voice-to-txt, and the microphones seem filter background noise and gym music well enough that my phone didnt make any mistakes. Didnt feel like i needed to yell either.

Pros:
Comfortable
-Stable on the head
-Easy to connect
-Good range
-Awesome audio
-Easily definable buttons (you can feel the diff from power, volume up/down)

Cons:
-A little thick around the ear. Nothing to cause stares or make you have Will Smith ears, but I just wish the piece that fits over the ear was thinner.
-optional, adjustable band wears out too quickly, and they dont offer replacements.(added 01/15/13)
-Hard to adjust so that both ears fit solidly. (added 01/15/13)

Concerns:
-The rubber "lid" to the micro usb port will probably be the first to break. I just dont see it lasting long...but we'll see.
-The USB port grips the male end firmly and pulling it out almost feels like im forcing it out.
-Sweat running over the buttons. I have read reviews of other headsets and know that sweat can cause buttons to stick or become unusable.
-Adjustable band seems like it can wear out pretty easily with sweat.

**Update: April, 2013
These have gone from being my favorite earphones to junk. Just like the other reviews have stated, it started off as a slight stress fracture in the back of the headphones. Now after a month from initially seeing this, it is full blown cracked and teetering on broken. The only thing holding them together is the rubber. I was careful with these things too! Off to try the jaybird xbuds as they do not have a solid back and seems to be getting good reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Wireless-Sport Bluetooth This Season. Motorola S11-Flex HD: A Critical Review., November 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
About a month ago, Jaybird released what I thought to be the best new sports Bluetooth headset this season: Jaybird Freedom Spirit.

*** ***

Jabra ("Sport"), at this point, was perhaps on the cutting edge with their wireless, sport-bluetooth headsets coupled with Endomondo's sports tracker app, a better than average microphone and a reasonable price was difficult to overlook.

Motorola ("SF600") had a better speaker system and a more secure fit than the Jabra Sport, but trailed very slightly with battery life.

Other companies, like Sony, with their "XBA-BT75" offered a marginally better sound, but sacrificed fit, microphone and a decent battery life for a premium price.

Jaybird's Freedom Spirit gave you two ways to fit the headphones. Both are extremely comfortable. The microphone and speaker are above average, but whose battery life and re-charge time and annoying button arrangement really took away from a headset that had solved many of the issues of previous season models.

*** ***

The two areas where Jaybird is deficient in--battery and design--is NOT an issue with this new Motorola "S11."

It seems as if Motorola heard the legitimate criticisms about the headphones released across the board last year and made some very noticeable improvements over their "SF600" model.

First, the earphones are just as snug but the earpiece is a little more flexible. I especially liked how they wrapped around the head. (When you first take them out, you notice a bit of a weight to them. But you'll soon forget that when you put them on.)

The battery life is a shade under 6 hours. 6 hours of any of the following: talking, listening to music, watching a movie on a Bluetooth-enabled device. And, the headphone will chime and tell you how much battery life is left--something that the $300 Sony's don't do.

The microphone issue is clear. There is NO sports Bluetooth headset with as loud of a microphone system as these S11. Period. They blare when a call comes in. I was told, during a 2-mile walk back home that I was walking next to a noisy crowd and yet the nearest people (a couple and their child were putting grocery in their trunk) were about 15-20 feet away. When I got home, I gave the lady my phone and headset and I grabbed my business phone and had her to call me on it as we walked outside of the house in different directions. I had to hold the phone away from my ears--and it wasn't on speakerphone. It's unreal.

The battery recharged in less than 60 minutes after being completely drained.

Streaming music and music sitting on my microSD card in my Android phone sounded crisp, very little distortion.

*** Comparing the new Motorola to Amazon's best-selling wireless, sports headsets ***

*** Sound fidelity/ Call reception ***

Motorola "SF600"--4 hours
Sony--4 hours
Motorola "S11"--5.75 hours

*** Conclusion ***

Now has never been a better time to buy a wireless, Bluetooth headset. The sound reproduction has improved dramatically over the past 2 years and the cost has dropped significantly. For the cost of replacing a couple of moderate-priced good, wired headsets, you could have a decent wireless Bluetooth headset.

At this point, the best overall is the Motorola "S11" followed by the Jaybird. The Jabra's, although about a year old, is still a very good buy. I love the snug feeling and the great speaker system in the "SF600" but for a few dollars more, I'd recommend the "S11" over them. I wouldn't recommend the Sony's under any circumstance.

If the battery life and recharging cycle and the button design on the Jaybird were different, it would be very difficult to recommend the Jaybird over the "S11" or vice versa.

Motorola "S11"--4.5 stars.