5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting.
I received this product very fast. It is an exact replica. It is the same as the OEM cord, and I am very satisfied with my purchase. It is about 4 feet long, and works well.
Published on December 1, 2011 by Lucian

Based on all of the positive feedback, I purchased 3 cables about 2 months ago, and none of them are working now. Whether or not the seller is aware of it, these cables are counterfeit.

Cosmetics: the motorola symbol is a bit off, and the holographic sticker, isn't an actual hologram.

Performance: the cables aren't shielded as the Genuine OEM cables...
Published on November 11, 2012 by Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a cheap cable, but Extremely Poor Quality, and NOT Genuine, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Motorola SKN5004A ECOMOTO Micro USB Data Cable for MOTOROLA DROID A855 Motorola Cliq Karma QA1 Rival A455 Hint QA30 ZINE ZN5 ZN4 Krave E8 ROKR V9m RAZR2 and other Motorola micro USB devices (Electronics)

Performance: the cables aren't shielded as the Genuine OEM cables are (most customers wouldn't care, but I require shielded cables for what I do use the cables for), and the connector does not withstand light abuse (the OEM cables I have maintain their shape and functionality even after heavy abuse). The connector was easily bent while charging one of my devices, and as a result, it no longer maintains a connection. This has happened to two of the cables I got, and they fail to work after bent, and straightening them back didn't help either.

Verdict: Save yourself the money and pay a little extra for better cable (like a real Motorola cable, Mediabridge cable, or similar)

NOTE: Seller at the time of purchase was "BOQOPO".

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting., December 1, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Equipment, September 28, 2010
Works fine. Has the same tag as the original that came with my Droid X.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original!, January 4, 2012
William R. Watts "mechphisto" (Springfield, MO United States) - See all my reviews
I've read reviews of many cables for Androids, and most of them complain that you can't use the phone while charging. I didn't see any comments either way with this one, so I took a chance!
Glad I did!
Both cables I ordered have the hologram sticker and the "ecomoto" tag like the one that came with my ATRIX 2. And yes I can use the phone while plugged in with these.
But, here's the huge kicker: When I have the phone plugged into a PC's USB with the original cable, it does NOT trickle charge up! It doesn't drain either, though. The battery level remains at where it was when I plugged it in.
HOWEVER, with these new cables, it DOES trickle charge through the USB! So, huge win. Thinking of buying a couple spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon saves the day..., March 18, 2011
A few months after I got my Droid last year, I left my charger at a friend's house and it was never seen again. I was saddened by this turn of events, but thought to myself "well, I'll just buy a new cable and all will be well with the world again." Ho-ho-oh, was I wrong.

Strangely enough, I visited two Verizon dealerships and the local Wal-mart and was unable to find a replacement OEM cable. The only cable products people carry around here are the no-name brand cables that are built with cheap plastic that will break if you give them a sideways glance.

The salespeople are always eager to tell you "this one has a lifetime warranty!"

Here's the thing: I'm used to manufacturers offering a lifetime warranty as a testament to the quality of the product they're selling. The reason these cheesy plastic Chinese built cables have been given a lifetime warranty is because they can produce about 4.3 trillion of them for $5 US , and they know you'll get tired of driving to the store to replace them after about the third or fourth time, so they end up turning 15,000,000% profit on each one. Every time I purchased a non-OEM sync cable, my Droid would not recognize it as a sync cable. It would charge my phone just fine, and it would even work as a sync cable for the first couple times I plugged it in, but after that it just wouldn't work to connect my phone to my computer.

I began to get really frustrated, too, that nobody offered OEM Motorola equipment in-store. It's just ridiculous. Thank god for Amazon. I found the original motorola sync cable on here for next to nothing. It's well built and most importantly, it works to both charge and sync my phone.

Five stars for a cable that does what it's supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Motorola Photon and Other Models, September 21, 2011
This is an original Motorola (EcoMoto) micro USB cable that works great for my Photon for both data transfer and charging from my laptop. This same cable should work for other Motorola phones with a micro USB connection as well. A great value!

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed to get file transferring working for Moto X., March 17, 2014
Apparently, not all USB cables are made the same. For some reasons I have issues with getting data/file transferring working with my Moto X from various USB cables. This one work very well.

The wire can be on the stiff side. One out of the three I bought couldn't get file transferring working and only charge, but I think it was due to the finicky nature of my Moto X's microUSB port.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, especially considering the price, December 24, 2011
*************
Update 06/29/2012

Still using the cables on a daily basis and have added a third phone to the house that uses the micro USB. All of the cables continue to work great and connect to the phones for both power and data services.

Truly a great product for the price!!
*************
Purchased from Seller1ON1, only mention this because of the grouping that Amazon is now doing.

Recently bought a Moto Droid RAZR and a HTC ReZound. I have standard mini USB cables all over the house and could charge my old phone just about anywhere; but when I got the new phones they were Micro USB. I looked at the brick and mortars (B&M) and knew I was going to be paying 7-12 USD a cable to buy micro USB cables for the house, car, and office.

Because I don't like to carry the cables with me; I needed approx 8 cables between the two phones, one cable came with each phone (actually the ReZound comes with a MHL [combination micro USB and HDMI] but a standard micro USB works) so I need a few more cables. I found these and decided to give them a try, ordered four originally, for less than I was going to get one cable from a B&M.

When they came in they had different stickers on the cable itself and the holographic sticker listed it as a different number (see my images of the product) but the construction of the cables appears identical (form, fit, and function exact match). After having used the cables for a couple of weeks they function perfectly for charging and transfers on both the ReZound and the RAZR.

I decided that I needed to get a couple more and so ordered again from Seller1ON1, two cables this time. They came in with the ECOMoto Green stickers this time and once again function exactly as expected.

I'm ecstatic to have six great micro USB cables purchased for 18 USD vice 42-72 USD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Carries 2a Current, October 19, 2013
Finally a cable simple enough to do what its supposed to do. Unlike most other cables on Amazon, this cable can handle the full 2.1 amp current for optimal charging of tablets and larger phones like Galaxy S4, Note 2, Note 3, etc.

It's not very long but it does what you need it to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, March 24, 2013
I join the group that got a defective cable. 2 computers, two phones, 4 usb ports. Wiggle and jiggle and it would flash for a second, then nothing. It is on its way back to Amazon at this moment.

On the plus side it is a great feeling sturdy cable that looks very high quality, but its beauty is skin deep.