Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 11, 2012
Based on all of the positive feedback, I purchased 3 cables about 2 months ago, and none of them are working now. Whether or not the seller is aware of it, these cables are counterfeit.

Cosmetics: the motorola symbol is a bit off, and the holographic sticker, isn't an actual hologram.

Performance: the cables aren't shielded as the Genuine OEM cables are (most customers wouldn't care, but I require shielded cables for what I do use the cables for), and the connector does not withstand light abuse (the OEM cables I have maintain their shape and functionality even after heavy abuse). The connector was easily bent while charging one of my devices, and as a result, it no longer maintains a connection. This has happened to two of the cables I got, and they fail to work after bent, and straightening them back didn't help either.

Verdict: Save yourself the money and pay a little extra for better cable (like a real Motorola cable, Mediabridge cable, or similar)

NOTE: Seller at the time of purchase was "BOQOPO".
on December 1, 2011
I received this product very fast. It is an exact replica. It is the same as the OEM cord, and I am very satisfied with my purchase. It is about 4 feet long, and works well.
on September 21, 2011
This is an original Motorola (EcoMoto) micro USB cable that works great for my Photon for both data transfer and charging from my laptop. This same cable should work for other Motorola phones with a micro USB connection as well. A great value!
on December 24, 2011
*************
Update 06/29/2012

Still using the cables on a daily basis and have added a third phone to the house that uses the micro USB. All of the cables continue to work great and connect to the phones for both power and data services.

Truly a great product for the price!!
*************
Purchased from Seller1ON1, only mention this because of the grouping that Amazon is now doing.

Recently bought a Moto Droid RAZR and a HTC ReZound. I have standard mini USB cables all over the house and could charge my old phone just about anywhere; but when I got the new phones they were Micro USB. I looked at the brick and mortars (B&M) and knew I was going to be paying 7-12 USD a cable to buy micro USB cables for the house, car, and office.

Because I don't like to carry the cables with me; I needed approx 8 cables between the two phones, one cable came with each phone (actually the ReZound comes with a MHL [combination micro USB and HDMI] but a standard micro USB works) so I need a few more cables. I found these and decided to give them a try, ordered four originally, for less than I was going to get one cable from a B&M.

When they came in they had different stickers on the cable itself and the holographic sticker listed it as a different number (see my images of the product) but the construction of the cables appears identical (form, fit, and function exact match). After having used the cables for a couple of weeks they function perfectly for charging and transfers on both the ReZound and the RAZR.

I decided that I needed to get a couple more and so ordered again from Seller1ON1, two cables this time. They came in with the ECOMoto Green stickers this time and once again function exactly as expected.

I'm ecstatic to have six great micro USB cables purchased for 18 USD vice 42-72 USD!
review image review image review image review image
on March 18, 2011
A few months after I got my Droid last year, I left my charger at a friend's house and it was never seen again. I was saddened by this turn of events, but thought to myself "well, I'll just buy a new cable and all will be well with the world again." Ho-ho-oh, was I wrong.

Strangely enough, I visited two Verizon dealerships and the local Wal-mart and was unable to find a replacement OEM cable. The only cable products people carry around here are the no-name brand cables that are built with cheap plastic that will break if you give them a sideways glance.

The salespeople are always eager to tell you "this one has a lifetime warranty!"

Here's the thing: I'm used to manufacturers offering a lifetime warranty as a testament to the quality of the product they're selling. The reason these cheesy plastic Chinese built cables have been given a lifetime warranty is because they can produce about 4.3 trillion of them for $5 US , and they know you'll get tired of driving to the store to replace them after about the third or fourth time, so they end up turning 15,000,000% profit on each one. Every time I purchased a non-OEM sync cable, my Droid would not recognize it as a sync cable. It would charge my phone just fine, and it would even work as a sync cable for the first couple times I plugged it in, but after that it just wouldn't work to connect my phone to my computer.

I began to get really frustrated, too, that nobody offered OEM Motorola equipment in-store. It's just ridiculous. Thank god for Amazon. I found the original motorola sync cable on here for next to nothing. It's well built and most importantly, it works to both charge and sync my phone.

Five stars for a cable that does what it's supposed to do.
on March 30, 2015
TL;DR Probably the best USB cables out there.

I have been doing Android Development since Android 1.0. Ever since the OG Droid came out, and made the Micro USB connector common place I have managed to chew through cheap usb cables. I have ordered cheap ones from Amazon, bought Monoprice cables, bought 'expensive' ones from Best Buy. All seem to have the same issue, the micro usb connector gets loose and ends up falling out. If you then try to jerry rig your cable to keep your device charging, or keep a data connection, you can risk bending the usb connector in the phone (my mother in law did this)...

A few years ago, I was able to work on a project where we got these Moto Micro USB cables, and I noticed right away they seemed firmer when connecting them to the device, and they did not seem to get loose.. I managed to scrounge a few up, but when I left my job I needed to find a replacement, and found them here on Amazon. Doing daily development on devices, I have managed to make a cable last over a year. My main issue now, is each device we purchase that comes with a usb cable, ends up getting loose, and getting replaced with one of my dev cables. Wife, kids, they are all guilty of stealing my cables. I just purchased 5 more..

Pros) Sturdy, Tight, everyone loves them (and borrows them!)
Cons) A little on the short side - wish they were a couple of feet longer, but for desktop development they are fine.
Looks like a couple of comments were about fake moto cables with no hologram (just a fake sticker). I buy with prime, if they are knockoffs, I will send them back, not had that issue yet though.
on January 4, 2012
I've read reviews of many cables for Androids, and most of them complain that you can't use the phone while charging. I didn't see any comments either way with this one, so I took a chance!
Glad I did!
Both cables I ordered have the hologram sticker and the "ecomoto" tag like the one that came with my ATRIX 2. And yes I can use the phone while plugged in with these.
But, here's the huge kicker: When I have the phone plugged into a PC's USB with the original cable, it does NOT trickle charge up! It doesn't drain either, though. The battery level remains at where it was when I plugged it in.
HOWEVER, with these new cables, it DOES trickle charge through the USB! So, huge win. Thinking of buying a couple spare.
on March 17, 2014
Apparently, not all USB cables are made the same. For some reasons I have issues with getting data/file transferring working with my Moto X from various USB cables. This one work very well.

The wire can be on the stiff side. One out of the three I bought couldn't get file transferring working and only charge, but I think it was due to the finicky nature of my Moto X's microUSB port.
on September 23, 2015
By far, my favorite Micro USB cables of all time. I have a cubby full of micro USB's and I have NEVER had to replace any of there Motorola cables. There is just something about the quality of these cables that do not let up. I've purposely dragged my phone around my (say, from around the seats when it gets stuck or off the floor if its flies away from the cup holder)... I've yanked and yanked and have never had a failed ECOMOTO Micro USB.

The only gripe I have with these cables are that, they are short. Just like all factory USB cables usually are. But, for the quality I can not complain. I've had the same Micro USB cable for nearly 6 years. I bought these for my cars and for my family friend who ALSO have had problems with poor quality micro usbs. SO far so good, they abuse their cables as well and they have yet to let up.
on July 26, 2014
The is currently my highest recommended wire. It has fast charging capability unlike some wires and has a very snug Micro USB side. The only Cons is the length of the wire is on the short side. I purchased a handfull of these wires and none of them have broken. Over the years I have gone through Mediabridge, Amazon Basics, and FrieQ wires with them failing in a few months to stay connected to my devices.

***Any negative reviews for this product I believe are due to non OEM wires from shady sellers on Amazon. These wires come with a hologram sticker on the Micro USB side and I believe some fake wires don't have a real hologram on them. If your wire looks non OEM be sure to return it as "not as described". and reorder with a different seller.***