Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard Gateway SBG901 DOCSIS 2...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $104.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard Gateway SBG901 DOCSIS 2.0 Wireless G Cable Modem - Retail Packaging
|Price:||$79.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$25.00 (24%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Requires CABLE Internet Service, if not sure your provider is CABLE call them to confirm
- Internet download speeds up to 38 Mbps and upload speeds up to 30 Mbps based on your Cable provider service
- Wi-Fi Router - 802.11g (backwards compatible with 802.11b) and single 10/100 Eternet port
- Front-panel LEDs indicate status and simplify troubleshooting
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
With a little quick & dirty research, found the following (which you can take with a grain of salt):
(1) Some users of Motorola products that combine both cable modem and wireless router functionality (such as the SB901) report having wireless connectivity issues (see the 1 and 2 star Amazon reviews for this product - you can also find similar reviews for other Motorola combo products).
(2) Unsubstantiated rumor: Motorola has a reputation for making excellent cable modems and mediocre wireless routers. Linksys and Netgear have a reputation for making excellent wireless routers, but not so good cable modems. Hey, it's a rumor, so nobody should get bent out of shape over this.
(3) More unsubstantiated hearsay: Products combining cable modem and wireless router functionality in a single unit tend not to perform as well as separate, dedicated products. Dedicated, separate products make technical support and diagnosis of connection problems easier. Separate products also enable the customer to choose best-of-breed solutions from the best vendors.Read more ›
Anyway, for a non geek type the setup was easy, install the disc, follow the screens and finally call the provider with the MAC address. Ok, I'm up and running but have lost speed. Several days later speed is half of what I had and I'm getting dropped off the Net and having to reboot the router several times a day.
Had decided to send it back but then thought maybe I can get tech support from Motorola. Can't find a number on line but Amazon has it. 847-523-5000 Motorola tells me that the SBG 901 will do everything the SBG941 would do with performance. The problem may just be that that I have to try another channel on the router. (it has 11 channels) Great patient support guy who showed me how to get into the router and change channels. He would have stayed on the phone with me but once I understood what we were doing I said thank you and good by. Spent about a half hour changing and speed testing all channels. Am now back to running the same as the Charter rental unit and not being dropped off the net.
If you want to try it yourself the router address is 192.168.0.Read more ›
1. Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser. Hit enter. You will be taken to the SBG901 modem/router's home page.
2. Log in to the Motorola page using "admin" as your name and "motorola" as your password.
3. Click on the firewall link at the top of the page.
4. De-select the "IP Flood Detection" option near the bottom of the page.
5. Problem solved!
Apparently, the IP flood detection causes dropped data packet rates. This essentially means that when you go to a new web site, only some of the data you request is returning to you. So your connection is terrible as a result. Removing IP Flood Detection solves this. Apparently, unchecking it does not really affect your browser security. You can google IP Flood Detection if you are wary of this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked like a champ for the amount of time I've had it. Have upgraded since for higher speeds.Published 3 months ago by Mary E
While I bought this modem/router in 2012, I have only used to for about a hear and a half because I switched to a different cable provider for half that time. Read morePublished 4 months ago by JPK
programming is a bit confusing if you aren't tech saavy. i'm kind of a geek and even i had problems with it at first. once you get it to work, it does finePublished 4 months ago by C+D