5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Install, Great Sensor
Other than not having the right wrench (15 mm) to remove a pedal, I had no trouble installing the sensor and magnets. Sync with the MOTACTV went exactly as directed, worked on the first try. I had no problem with finicky magnet-sensor spacing reported by others; left around a quarter inch gap and everything just seems to work fine.

One odd thing I noticed...
Published 23 months ago by Bill C

3.0 out of 5 stars connectivity issues
I've used this twice, first time no issues. Then I had to factory reset the motoactv and now it won't connect. I gave it 3 stars because when it did work it was great.
Published on May 17, 2012 by JoJo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Install, Great Sensor, August 4, 2012
Bill C (Central FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola Bike with Speed Cadence Sensor for MOTOACTV - Retail Packaging (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

One odd thing I noticed during install - the sensor has two LEDs which flash when they pick up the presence of a magnet, green for pedal shaft/cadence, red for wheel/speed. Except they only flashed for a short time - like, ten magnet-passes - then stopped. I thought the battery might have been weak, but a new replacement behaved the same. Maybe the LEDs are only meant to confirm a proper install, rather than flash every mag-pass. I don't know for sure but bottom line, everything works as expected, with or without the LEDs flashing.

I've taken two (update: 3, note at end) rides, one for fifteen minutes and another for over an hour. The sensor seems to provide good, consistent input to the tracker. Speed data is a lot "finer" - less jumpy than data derived from the gps alone, which makes sense. Cadence data is pretty cool, and a novelty for me.

For the 75 minute ride the MOTOACTV used 20% battery, which is about the same as similar rides I've tracked. For real time tracking the cadence input seems somewhat dampened, I guess to keep it from fluctuating wildly. This isn't a bad thing, and it catches up within a few seconds going from say, a no-pedal turn to resume full speed.

Speed data seemed very consistent with numbers shown on my ancient, hard-wired CatEye Vectra. As I said, this new indicated speed showed a lot less fluctuation and lag compared to the gps-only speed info I had before adding this sensor.

There were only five reviews when I ordered this sensor, and several were fairly negative. That's not been my experience, and while it's unfortunate some people have had problems - I think it's a fine piece of gear and I'm happy with it.

Update:
Made a quick third ride, mostly to see if the two-use limit reported by others would hit. Worked fine for me on ride number three, and I expect this will continue. If not, I'll update accordingly. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit my bike., June 6, 2013
Jowanza (United States) - See all my reviews
The crank is too small to fit my bike so I wasted however much this costs. Does Motorolla sell a larger one?

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead Battery!, January 24, 2013
I do not know where they got this item or how long they had it but when I got it and installed it on my bicycle, it did not work! I tested the battery and found it it dead. I HOPE that is all that is wrong with it. I called Motorola to see if they could help and got the third degree on who I bought it from. It is my belief whoever is supplying this to Amazon MAY NOT be an authorized dealer of this item. I did not try as of yet to contadct Amazon about this matter though I may to see if they will pay me back for the cost of the battery.
If I get the unit working, I will review it again as to it's performance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, November 29, 2012
I was really excited about this product bc I bought it before I bought my bike. Now that I have my road bike, I set it up and.....NOTHING. It does not sync with my MotoActv. I've spent hours on this, took it to a shop to set it up, and I even bought new batteries for it...still it does not work. I wish I could return/exchange it, but the window for exchanging/returning products is over and I am stuck with a lemon. I hope the seller reads this and contacts me shneesha (at) hotmail (dot) com. I really want to give it a positive rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars great speed sensor, July 21, 2012
Works great with my motoactv watch..easy to install, it does not ask anything to the garmin sensors..defenetely a great buy

3.0 out of 5 stars connectivity issues, May 17, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars It works as advertice..., November 3, 2013
It works as advertise, useful when needed to train your cadence. What else could I say, it's simple to install and operate.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, August 20, 2013
its great when i ride my bike and also i know how far i ride and also how many calories i burn

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit clunky but seems okay, May 10, 2013
Connects to Motoactv well. Is a bit big and clunky. Will need to keep an eye on it to make sure rubber strap does not erode and the sensor fall off somewhere along my travels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, April 17, 2013
No issues so far--accurate and easy to attach. Easily connects to MotoActv and gives perfect reading on the screen. Nice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›