5.0 out of 5 stars Posh to all the negative reviews...
First of all - to all of those who wrote negative reviews: No where does it say in the product description that it can be used to sync with PC and it WILL fit a phone with a case (you simply and easily remove the deck adapter that come with it). You just have to read the directions (which are mostly pictures!).

I think this Dock is exactly what it says and does...
Published on January 5, 2012 by Guru Speaker

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't include all the pieces....
Published on June 16, 2011 by Paul J. Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars Posh to all the negative reviews..., January 5, 2012
This review is from: Motorola Standard Dock for Motorola ATRIX 4G (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I think this Dock is exactly what it says and does a pretty nice job of it. I love that the dock screen can be customized and, there's even a port to attach external speakers (on the dock) to make it a small desktop media player.

It's perfect for work where I can easily see the time, date and weather and listen to music I have stored on my phone. Also perfect for home as an alarm clock.

It's a good product. I ordered a second one today.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't include all the pieces...., June 16, 2011
It's a dock, it does what its supposed to do. Charges the phone, and lets you easily use your phone as a clock / alarm clock / "radio" (pandora, etc). Has speaker output and that is all. No synching to your computer. One big drawback is that the ones Amazon must have are old. Shipping units from Motorola direct include two docking plates, one for the phone with no case, and one for the phone with the Motorola "ruggedized" case. Apparently however the ruggedized case is not going to be released, it is available from a Chinese website that must have snuck some of them out the back door before Moto pulled the plug. I ordered two of these docks from Amazon and called Moto to get the other dock plate for the ruggedized case. As a one time exception, Moto gave me one of the adapter plates free, and I had to pay for the other one because I "didn't order the docks from Motorola". I thought that was fair enough. Just beware, if you want the dock insert for using your phone in the Moto phone case, don't buy it from here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dock, March 23, 2011
This is a great dock for the price. I decided to get this one over the multimedia dock because i feel that i will only be using the dock to charge the phone. Since i also use my phone as an alarm clock the angle and built in widget that turns the phone into a clock is a great feature. I do not have a clock near my bed so this is a great alternative. The dock its self looks great even without the phone in it. The dock also comes with a wall charger, so i now have a spare to take around with me when i travel. Over all this is a great product for the price, and gets the job done if you want just a bed side charging dock, or at the desk a dock to sync up with your PC.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit Atrix 2, November 5, 2012
Puffero (Lubbock, TX) - See all my reviews
Does not fit Atrix2. connector is upside down to the phone. Other Atrix accessories are compatable. Beware. The connector for the usb is oriented 180 degrees opposite what it apparently is for the Atrix 4G. This should have been noted in the product details: "Only for Atrix 4G not for Atrix 2"

4.0 out of 5 stars Won't fit with case, possible fix..., December 14, 2011
When I first got the dock I was disappointed that I could not get it to fit with the case I had on it, however after chatting with Motorola they had me remove the top of the dock. This made it slightly larger and my phone now fits in it snugly.

I will say that this still won't help it fit a large case like an otterbox, but if you are removing your case all the time it is certainly worth a try...

1.0 out of 5 stars European Wall Charger, February 16, 2013
The wall charger to the dock is European and in the box included a converter, but even then the charger pins did not fit the converter.

2.0 out of 5 stars No cases available to use this product, June 8, 2011
This dock is very nice except for one very important issue. The majority of people are not going to spend a lot of money on a phone and not put a protective case on the phone. At this point in time, it is very apparent that they only intend this Dock to be used by people who want to risk use of the phone without a case because the phone will not fit into the dock without taking your case off your phone. That is a deal breaker. I still have the dock but intend to send it back. I keep thinking they will be responsible enough to come up with a case, especially when they have 4 different docks for this phone. Not real bright in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Motorola Atrix HD 4g, October 15, 2012
This item will not charge or do anything for the Motorola Atrix HD 4g. It is only for the Atrix 4g not the HD one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Charger, June 19, 2011
Robert B. Washburn (Edwardsville, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I should have read the specs better. This is a nice charger. The mini usb port has very clear instructions that it is only to be connected to the enclosed charger and not to a computer's USB port. It won't communicate even if you do connect it to your computer's USB port. This device holds the phone at a nice angle and connects it to a charger. It also has the ability to connect to a set of self powered speakers. If that is all you want it to do it does it quite well. Of course you can do all that without this device.

Surprisingly even the multimedia dock won't connect to your computer's USB port. I guess they are trying to sell the overpriced laptop dock.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for more..., March 23, 2011
As the description says, it does provide a nice viewing angle and a large displayed clock. That's about the only two good things I can find about the standard dock. I'll test the quality of the auxiliary port later and add to the review.

The standard dock has a built in program (widget clock) that can be used to replace your home screen while it's being docked. The only new feature that it offers is a really large digital clock (which I'm sure you can find somewhere in the app market). The widget clock has one single setting, and that is to adjust the brightness level (of their built in toggle). I use the lowest brightness possible and it does not blind me at night. However, the green charging indicator light is lit AND the capacitive keys stay lit, so that could be a problem for some people.

If you don't use the brightness toggle, the phone's touch screen display will stay on permanently (even if "Stay awake" in settings is turned off), which is really bright in a completely dark room. I also had to remove apps (Desk Home, Car Dock, and Entertainment Center) from my auto-end list or else the widget clock will close when I lock the phone in the dock. Now I have to manually close the apps whenever I undock.

I don't want my phone's screen to be lit all night and I really don't like the features and how they work. Unless they update the widget clock somehow, this product is a complete failure.

-- edit --
I tested the auxiliary port and the sound is decent for being just a standard dock. It's not magnificent, but also not terrible.

Rate and Discover Movies