After using a Motorola V60 for two years with Verizon, I was tired of the poor performance. Although, Verizon was significantly better than my old AT&T Nokia phone and plan, the phone seemed lacking(dropped calls, poor reception, etc).

Published on September 23, 2005 by M. Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy ANYTHING ELSE!!
This past January I switched from Nextel to Verizon. While at Nextel, I had the same Motorola phone for 4 years. Not once did I ever experience a single problem with that phone.

Published on June 8, 2006 by Mrs. Scarlet

4.0 out of 5 stars You Need This Phone Although This Sounds Like A Testmonial For Verizon Wireless, September 23, 2005
This review is from: Motorola V276 Used Cell Phone Verizon or PagePlus (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I still like Verizon as a provider and when the opportunity came to upgrade phones(every two years for free with Verizon) I jumped on this one because:

A. It is a Motorola phone

B. It has a camera(although not the best in the business)and a color display

C. It was free to me

Imagine my surprise when I found the reception quality far exceeded my expectaions. I don't drop calls anymore, the voice quality is excellent, and I just love the speakerphone function.

It is easy to use, program, and works better than I expected. I even recommended it to my girlfriend as her contract is expiring and we are both on the Verizon IN deal. We have a long distance relationship and with two V276 phones, I think our airtime conversations will be greatly improved.

As I am not a techno junkie, I stayed away from paying extra for the Motorola E815. Although, the E815 did look and sound pretty cool from the description. But, it would have been money out of my pocket and I just wanted a phone with a camera. So, if you want to spend the extra dough, go with the E815. If you want to go with the lower end, but still high quality phone, buy the V276.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for Durability!, March 10, 2006
I am aware that this is not the "coolest" phone in the world, but its the most durable out of the 8 phones I have owned in recent years BY FAR!

Anyone who has Verizon service knows the lengths you have to go through to replace a damaged or defective phone! It is a very costly and frustrating process. That being said, it is important for Verizon customers to pick durable, high quality phones rather than whatever is in style.

I am VERY hard on cellphones... I drop mine nearly every day and after a year this phone still works perfectly! Its not as cool as a Razr, but I am very impressed with the durability!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola V276 is a success, December 18, 2005
My fiance and I both bought this phone from Verizon Wirless Online. They had a great deal going on, in fact the phones were free with a 2 year contract. We are both very impressed with the phones. The battery life lasts a long while. He left his uncharged and used often for 3 or 4 days. All phones die off eventually. The camera is of good quality compared to my old V220. Neither of us needed a perfect camera. The sound is wonderful and clear. We were both impressed with the speakerphone. It is very clear and understandable. This phone is a wonderful buy and very good for anyone who is not looking for an expensive phone with an awesome camera. And although another reviewer said "You can't change the wallpaper on the intro screen unless it is a picture you take. This is a simple function to include. Shame on Motorola." we both found this to be false. We changed our backgrounds to pictures we did not take.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorola V276, December 17, 2005
My mom got this phone several months ago. I really can't speak to all its bells and whistles because even if they were the easiest in the world, my mom still couldn't figure them out.

What I will say - the phone has EXCELLENT reception and voice clarity compared to her old verizon motorola phone.

Verizon, despite all their commercials, has pretty limited coverage in some areas, including at my mother's house in SouthEastern Michigan - right smack dab in the middle of a major city with cell phone towers everywhere. All other verizon phones do not work there either, or drop calls after 30 or 60 seconds. (Including my old Audiovox verizon phone, and those of many friends and family who have visited.) This one works just fine.

My mother's hearing is going, and she can actually understand most of the stuff that is said on it. So, that is all good.

I'm thinking of getting one too, so I can be at her house and still make cell phone calls. I'm a little wary of the reviews that say other features are hard to use - but most of my phones were hard to figure out at first...

All I really want out of a cell phone is one that works really, really well where I can't get the maximum number of bars. Most phones seem to just really poor in those situations. So, having "great menu features" seems pretty moot. These bad phones are like speaking into a bad teleconference phone that drops the first and last sylable of every thing said - and both people can't talk at the same time like on a land line phone. Once this people figure out how to make phones that don't do that, I'll be happy. So far, this Motorola V276 seems better than others I've used.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy ANYTHING ELSE!!, June 8, 2006

Since joining Verizon and getting the V276, I have had my screen freeze twice and my antenna completely snap off, which is weird because I only use it when I start to lose reception. Every night I recharge my phone, mostly because I have to or else the battery will be dead in the morning because it doesn't last more than 12 hours. On SEVERAL occasions (maybe 30??) I have taken my phone from the charger in the morning noticing that the screen showed it as being completely charged and within an hour have the phone die on me because the battery went dead. On top of that, I have taken a total of 4 pictures and can only download 3 songs because my free space is completely taken up. Why do I not just delete stuff? Well, Verizon/Motorola were curtious enough to give me 30+ pictures and 10+ ringtones that cannot be deleted out of the phone. I have taken it to a Verizon Service provider (to fix the antenna that broke) and asked them to delete the pictures and they told me that they couldn't. So now I have to either delete songs I have downloaded to add more or delete pictures I have taken to add more. Honestly, I wish I would've paid money for a better phone and not just agreed to this crappy free one. I absolutely hate it and do not recommend it to anybody. I know Motorola can make good phones because I used to have one with Nextel.

I hope this review will help out another everyday consumer.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good phone, April 6, 2006
I bought the similar V265 model 15 months ago, and just replaced it with the V276. The new model hasn't changed much, so I believe my long experience with the reliablility of the V265 will be pretty applicable to this model as well. (The V276 has a better camera, but I never used the camera anyway.)

The voice quality of the phone is very good. The speaker phone function is exceptional. When used in a car, the phone can be placed in the center console, and both the person in the car, and the person at the other end can hear the conversation fine using the speakerphone function this way. (My wife and I share this phone, so I have experience with this from both ends.) The connector to charge the battery is finicky, you have to make sure the indicator and beeper shows the phone is charging, because the connector can get wiggled in such a way that it is plugged in, but not contacting properly, and not charging.

The reason I upgraded to the V276 is because the V265 phone developed a sudden failure. When calling there was a static noise at the cellphone end, and almost no voice reception at the other end. After an internet search, I found out this is a failure that is not uncommon with the V265. I have a good guess about how and when this happened. I touched the phone one day and gave it a fat static shock on its antenna. It was after this I first noticed a problem with it.

Considering the important factors, which means voice quality and reception to me, and with the extended warranty I now have, I think this is a pretty decent phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Verizon? Motorola? Is anyone going to recall this phone?, July 22, 2006
SMB "K" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This phone needs to be recalled! After reading reviews on several sites, I see that everyone is having the same problems I am. I've talked to Motorola and they won't help (talk about lack of customer service and a general bad attitude). Apparently all of us who made the horrible mistake of getting this phone on a contract are stuck with Verizon giving us the same bad phone again and again. Stop the MADDNESS! If a phone won't charge, shuts itself off whenever, is completely undependable - something must be done. I'm very disappointed in both these companies for not stepping up to the plate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone, March 3, 2006
Wife and I wanted to add another phone to our line on Verizon's Family Plan deal (9.99). We were happy with our current Motorola V265 and wanted to be able to use the same chargers so we stuck them and got the newer V276)

I'm very happy with this phone. I didn't want a lot of bells and whistles. Just a good basic phone that works. THe camera and other features are nice but I probably won't use them.

Reception is great. Voice is exceptional. For 99 bucks couldn't ask for any better.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst cell phone ever, June 27, 2006
A. Tadic (Alexandria,VA, USA) - See all my reviews
We've had this phone for seven months now. After countless trips to the Verizon store, we just got a replacement for the original phone that died. The replacement has all the same problems - bad charger connection, short battery life, dropped calls. And the Verizon Tech Support tried to convince us that all the problems with this phone are our fault. I'm totally disappointed in this phone and in Verizon. Can't wait for my contract to expire, so I can change providers.

ps. I also have a Nokia and I love it. Simple, user-friendly, durable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but could be better, November 30, 2005
This phone is adequate at best. I got my wife and my boss this phone and they are ok with it though wife is not impressed.

Pro's:

The phone is compact and easy to hold in hand. It works whether you have big hands like I do or small hands like my wife.

Ringer volume is really good.

Clarity of sound from the earpiece is good.

Call reception is acceptable.

Con's:

The speakerphone function is barely adequate. Even with all the bars (indicating good reception), the speakerphone is very choppy and hard to understand. We've even tried using it while on a walk through an open field with no obstructions and it didn't improve.

The menus setup is really bad. We are not slouches when it comes to using cell phones (I use an XV6600 pocket pc as my phone) but finding common functions like wallpaper settings were not easy to find initially. The contacts menu is not easy to use and entering contacts is more uncomfortable than painful. You may struggle with navigating the menus until you have owned the phone for a few weeks.

The camera is mediocre as best. Depending on how badly you need a good picture and don't get it one could describe it as terrible.

No bluetooth withouth an adapter. There are several phones in this price range that come with bluetooth capability. Again, shame on Motorola. (Uhh, Hello, Moto. Can you hear me now?)

Recommendation:

If you can live with a slightly confusing phone for a few weeks, then this is the phone for you (it does actually work well for placing and receiving calls). Don't hang your hat on its features, when choosing a phone, as they are good but not great and in some cases the features are not very useful. If you need a phone that is easier to navigate and makes more sense, move on to something else. However, it is one of the better "low cost" phones that Verizon currently offers. I know this because I bought the other major brand of phone that Verizon sells (just look on their website and count the number of phones this other company offers and you'll figure it out) for my staff (8 phones) and returned all but 2 because of quality, ringer, and sound issues.