Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 15, 2011
I was looking for a charger for my Motorola Driod 2 Global but had some critias. First I wanted to buy directly from Amazon, not from a third party like Accessory Export or CrazyOnDigital b/c they usually send you a cheap knock off which breaks after a few days or doesn't work properly. And I wanted a OEM Motorola charger for my Driod.

Luckly I found one on Amazon which was sold by Amazon and OEM Motorola charger. Exactly what I was looking for.

I got it delivered by the eastimated date and works great.

Just a little background, I did buy a cheaper charger from one of those cheap cell phone stores (CrazyOnDigital) but it broke after about a week of use. They do have a phone number but No ones answers it. I sent an email through Amazon to CrazyOnDitigal and they sent me a new one but that one I noticed works kind of strange with my phone. When my phone is plugged in to the cheap charger, the response lags for some reason. I didn't want to chance shorting out my phone so I don't use the cheap charger they sent. Also it wasn't worth sending back and trying to get a refund b/c it was about $3.

So the lesson is when buying any chargers from the cheap stores be WARNED you get what you pay for. I highly recommend people stick with OEM for the phone, especially if you have a Smart Phone, they are expensive.

I will recommend the cheap cell stores if you want to buy covers for the phones. I have never had a problem with them from the cheap stores.

I just wanted to update my review. The input and output specs for the charger are: input = 100 - 240V ~ 50-60Hz, 120mA and Output is 5V = 850mA
on August 24, 2011
The charger that came with the Motorola Photon had a charging/USB cord that was too short (~24 - 30 inches) which would just barely reach from the outlet to the top of my nightstand. I went in search of a charger with a longer cord (which was more difficult than I expected) and one that did not use a USB cable (tends to disconnect just when I needed it). Anyway, this charger is great and meets all my expectations.
55 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
I've bought three of these now, and each one has worked perfectly in charging my phone the quickest. I used to think that micro-USB chargers were all the same, but after using others' different chargers from Blackberry, LG, etc., none charge my Droid faster than the Motorola charger (Yeah, I realize each company engineers their phones a tad differently in regards to electrical operation), even my wife's Blackberry seems to charge faster on this charger than on the one supplied with her phone. I have three of these because at the price, I keep one in the bedroom, in the kitchen, and one at work, just to keep from having to tote a charger around with me. If you own a Motorola phone, BUY THEM!!!
on March 28, 2012
Ordered from Amazon itself and received the Motorola SPN538A charger - it does not have folding prongs and the charger goes to the side (not as pictured). However, the specs are good - Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz, 120mA. Output: 5V=850mA. The connector is a microusb and the cord length is as pictured.
on April 24, 2011
The microusb connector gave up on firmly seating after a month of daily use. I only used it to charge my phone overnight; I wasn't using (or moving) the phone while it was plugged in. I have to buy a new charger now, because while I have plenty of short usb cables, I need a longer cord to reach from the outlet to my phone's nest.
on April 23, 2012
This is the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) charger that works with my Motorola Droid 2 Global. I got this charger as a replacement since the pins on the original charger became bent after a year and a half of use. This charger works quickly, as it's able to give my phone a full charge in under an hour, which is great because the battery life on the Droid 2 Global isn't that great. The cord is a decent length so I don't feel I am tied to a plug, but can use the phone while it's plugged in.

The charger is a great value for the money spent and would spend a couple bucks to buy another one if it ever went out on me.
on May 22, 2012
I absolutely love this charger. I ordered it and I'm extremely happy with my purchase. It's so nice to finally have a long enough charger so you're not glued to the wall why your phone charges. Also, the cable to seems to be made out of a thicker rubber unlike most chargers that I have. It makes it feel as though it is of better quality and I have noticed that it tends to tangle less than normal cables. Will be buying more of these for sure..
on November 14, 2012
I own several of the chargers depicted, obtained from Amazon in the past. I ordered another one this week. Like several other reviewers, I received the charger with the fixed (non-folding) prongs. I immediately returned it, and requested a replacement. Amazon sent a replacement, using a different courier, the same day, presumably from a different fulfillment center (Lasership in Massachusetts vs A1 in New Hampshire). Replacement was the same (wrong) item. The listing reports an "item number" of SJ1545A, which is what is printed on the bags received. The inner bag is marked SPN5358A which is the correct part number for a NON-FOLDING charger (see MOTOROLA SPN5358A Travel Charger). I believe the correct Motorola part number for a charger with folding blades is SPN5328A (see Motorola Rapid Travel Charger with Folding Blades for Motorola Droid A855).

Other reviewers have mentioned that they HAVE received the item described/pictured, some recently. At least by buying from Amazon, all this extra shipping is quick, and isn't at my expense. I would give the correct product 5 stars. I am giving one star, to alert other customers to the risk that you won't get the item described.
on May 18, 2013
I bought 2 of these. They charge fast and the USB cord unplugs from the charger to use as a data cable. They would be great for travel as one unit does both functions. The prongs fold for travel also. The cord is about 41 inches long. I had a generic charger and it didn't shut off when charged. My phone went crazy with the fully charged beep over and over. Genuine Motorola chargers are worth the little extra they cost. I've never had a problem with any of them.
on September 29, 2013
Spend the extra money and buy a 2.1 amp or higher charger. This Motorola charger is nowhere near a rapid charger.