Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 208 questions
votes
For everyone asking about the sound issue, I had this problem and called motorola at 1-888-331-3383 and they sent me a replacement. However the replacement had the same sound issue as well after a few months. I am 2 months out of the warranty and I called them and they said they can replace it one more time. I am kind of disappointing in the failure rate on this unit given that it is so expensive. Hopefully the third one wont have the same defect.
Sep 18, 2013 by GS
votes
Yep, just happened to me. I called the Motorola CSR who was anything but helpful. Told me to take out the battery for 10 minutes to reset it (you mean like I had already done 10 or 12 times?!). Useless. Didn't help that it was 1.5 yrs old, just out of warranty. So I took apart the monitor myself. Turns out there's a poorly designed flimsy switch that's soldered to the motherboard. If you press too hard it will cause the delicate soldered parts to fail, not right away, but I found that I had to keep pressing harder and harder over time to get it to work. Then one day it just would not power on anymore. Now, I'm trying to find an electronic store to solder it back on cuz I'm sure that's going to be cheaper than a new monitor! Thanks alot, no-help Motorola!
Aug 27, 2013 by kaiser4
votes
more than one monitor? Dec 10, 2013
I believe it can support more than one camera (ie one monitor with 2 cameras), but it only comes with one. You can buy just an additional camera separately.
Dec 10, 2013 by Shannon Fun-with-a-T
votes
I had a similar problem with the first unit I bought, after several years of use. Ordered a new one thinking it could not be repaired. I live in Panama and there is no Motorola service shop down here, but a friend of mine recommended an electronic store and I took it there and they fixed it. The technician, and a very good one, as it turned out, said it was a problem with the on/off button not making proper contact or something like that, and fixed it quickly, easily, and cheap. Now I'm using the same old one and have the new for backup when the other finally dies on me... I recommend you send it to an electronic technician to take a look before getting rid of it... Good luck!
Oct 6, 2013 by Hernan Arias
votes
No, it will be on scan mode and will switch back and forth between the cameras every 10 seconds. We use that and it works great.
Jan 27, 2014 by Laura Roselli
vote
If your referring to the camera, yes it can. It has an extra long power cable to accommodate that as well. You'll need to provide you own hardware thought.
Sep 30, 2014 by F.C.
vote
We had this problem and had motorola replace our unit. The new one isn't as bright as when it was first out of the box so we are wondering if we are having the same problem once again.
Feb 16, 2012 by N. Ziglar
vote
it does not show the current time ... there is a 2-4-6 hour setting for an alarm
May 1, 2014 by Dean C
vote
Yes. Here's how the screen function works: 1. When not connected with the AC power adapter (solely on battery power) the screen will automatically time out after approximately 2 min. Audio will remain "on". You can keep the screen from turning off by pressing the screen button (lower right side, second from the bottom) which will keep the screen on but obviously use more power. 2. When connected to the AC power adapter simply press the screen button to toggle the screen on & off. Otherwise the default setting with the power adapter connected is the screen on. The audio will remain on and is adjustable via the onscreen menu. Hope this helps!
Sep 5, 2013 by R. Garrelts
vote
I don't believe this thing uses an IP network. It's more like a wireless phone. I'd be surprised if it wasn't just a DECT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Enhanced_Cordless_Telecommunications) device. The only way I could imagine getting this thing to integrate with a LAN would be to connect the Motorola A/V cable from your parent unit into a video capture card, and stream the result via your network. That's a *lot* more work than it'd be worth, IMO. You may want to just get yourself something like an x10 Airsight, or something. Like this: Genuine Foscam Fi8908w Wireless Ip Camera Network with Pan & Tilt,night Vision,2 Way Audio,black
Aug 29, 2012 by Steve Taylor
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   21   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers