5.0 out of 5 stars Nice step up from BlackBerry Curve
I'm really pleased with this phone. I bought it because I'm going to Paris in the Fall and wanted to be able to use it there. I especially like the combination of the qwerty keyboard and touchscreen. It seems to be better built than my BlackBerry. I had to have my Curve replaced and then worked on again. So far, no problems with the XPRT.
Published on August 28, 2011 by Addie Tucker

1.0 out of 5 stars XPRT Overheats .. Sprint/Motorola please address issue!
Published on September 6, 2011 by TheLungMD

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice step up from BlackBerry Curve, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves her new Phone with a Blackberry feel, October 18, 2011
maj71303 (shreveport, louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I got this phone for my wife for the simple fact that my wife & I was tired of the radio and antenna issues with HTC phones and Samsung phones. The Nexus S 4g(which me and the wife had) was the last straw and I knew I needed to go to a tried and true manufacturer and one that is a master of a trade and not just a jack of a bunch of ones. Motorola may not have the so called flashy and smooth UI (even though I can't tell the difference who focuses so much on a UI)of HTC and Samsung. Motorola knows how to make a fucntional phone that gets good reception whether it be wi-fi,1G,2G,3G, or 4G. Forget the additional features a phone has to be able to make a call and keep a signal, without that it is a shiny useless paper weight. My wife is going to stay with Motorola since she needs a functional phone and not some shiny UI with features that don't work because her phone can't keep a signal.

Pros:
Reception with radios and antenna's is King
UI Plain and just does what is needed
speaker phone and mic makes crystal clear calls
Notification light
Battery life for is good

Cons:
Camera's very average

To her the UI is not a con as if you want a touch wiz and sense UI feel stick to samsung and HTC. If you want a phone that just works with good features and keeps a good signal this is a great one for you the MOTOROLA XPRT.

1.0 out of 5 stars XPRT Overheats .. Sprint/Motorola please address issue!, September 6, 2011
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I am now on my 3rd XPRT phone. 1 had a bad speaker and 2 are overheating for no reason. Battery app has shown 115 degrees..now that's hot! No combination of app kills, battery pulls, restarts, or trying different batteries helps. Once the XPRT starts to run hot, it doesn't stop. The overheat is a known issue for the "sister" Droid Pro from Verizon. Check the internet...lots out there regarding the Droid Pro but very little regarding the XPRT since it is so new. I really like the phone but there is clearly an issue here that needs to be addressed. Motorola, please get this fixed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great for what it is...but think it through!, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phone for about 2 weeks. I ordered it from Amazon Wireless. Let me say something about Amazon wireless first. This is an awesome service but note...they buy these phones from the manufacturer and if you have an issue with the phone you may have to deal with them and not the carrier directly.
Now as for the phone. It is very well built. The screen quality is quite acceptable. The qwerty keyboard works great, that is the main reason I got it. I had a Motorola Triumph phone through Virgin Mobile, which was an outstanding phone but I really missed the physical keyboard.
I have no issues whatsoever with this phone. It has not overheated or done any funky things. Now...guess what, I am returning it! Why?
Because I find it is too much of a Blackberry type phone for me. Now I have used Blackberry devices in the past, and they are great work phones, but as far as being multimedia devices which is what we want our phones to be nowadays they are not keeping up with the times. I was hoping this phone would bridge the gap between my Motorola Triumph and a Blackberry. Well not quite. My main issue is screen size and no 4G.
Here I digress a moment. On Sprint, and all other carriers as far as I know, the data plan for a 3G and 4G smartphone are the same cost. If so, why? This is not fair!. I argued this out with Sprint once I realized that I really wanted 4G. I just bought a phone which is 3G. Why is the data plan the same price if I can't use the extra speed? Well I got nowhere with them. Now my old Triumph was only 3G but all Virgin Mobile has is 3G, which is ironic since it is on Sprint's network and in fact is now owned by them. Anyway. I decided if I am going to pay $90.00 a month for a cell phone it had damned better be 4G especially since the price of the phone through Amazon Wireless is the same as, say, a Samsung Epic 4G (0.01!). Which has a bigger screen, a nicer screen, and still has a slide out (not my favorite but I can live with it)keyboard.
So...this is why the phone is going back. I found out that I could not just go to the Sprint store and swap the phone because I did not get it directly from Sprint. However Amazon Wireless was very nice about it.
So in summary. If you are looking for a road warrior business phone which is an Android phone and allows some multimedia functions, this phone is great. If you want a phone to read books, play games, watch YouTube and all that a lot...no 4G and a small less bright screen. Might want to reconsider.

4.0 out of 5 stars great phone, August 5, 2011
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I recently upgraded from a BB curve. This phone is great and way more functional than the curve. The downside is that the screen is smaller compared to other android devices. The screen gets washed out in bright sunlight, however I heard that is normal for android.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Battery, But Good Phone, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Battery is constantly being drained where I have to recharge nightly or it will die. Alarms, internet (simple searching), etc causes battery drainage. Also tends to overheat when you use the internet.
HATE the fact that it does NOT have a flip out keyboard or even a keyboard with decent sized buttons for the letters.
On the positive side, it is definitely a SMART phone, has hundreds of apps and possibilities, is customizable from the home page, etc.
However, I'd only say it is worth the price if you get the good discount from the 2 year upgrade and/or free shipping, etc.
~Kat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, bad keyboard, September 12, 2012
S. May (Champaign, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Overall I like this phone. The apps work great, battery life is good and multitasking is good. The keyboard drives me crazy! I click a letter, sometimes I get nothing, sometimes I get 2 or 3 of that letter (this happens in almost every word I type). This makes texting and email really time consuming, since the auto correct stops giving suggestions when there are extra letters in a word.
I would have given this phone 5 stars if the keyboard worked properly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Device. Stay Far Far Away!, February 10, 2014
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
The device is marketed as an alternative to BlackBerry phones but it is definitely not. The QWERTY keypad does not match the operation of the BlackBerry devices. The XPRT's keypad has the issue of key entering the same type character over and over. You will spend more time "back spacing" to delete the extra character versus trying to complete an email or text message. If you have medium sized hands, you will find it awkward to type on the QWERTY. The device is very slow in operations as well. You attempt to make a call and in some cases, it completely locks until to receive the XPRT's normal error message of "Application not responding...wait or force to close". I have had the device factory reset twice by Sprint and replaced as well with a new. Same issue stands. I am very disappointed with the mobile device seeing that it hold the name of Motorola on it. Never again will I own a Motorola device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, July 15, 2012
This review is from: Motorola XPRT Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I love this Phone Ive had it for a week already and i havent had any problems. Its a nice phone at a good price and it works well.

ARRAY(0x990d4324)