5.0 out of 5 stars awesome droid pro
Published on September 4, 2012 by BZ

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow and laggy.
Published 11 months ago by C

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome droid pro, September 4, 2012
This review is from: Motorola Droid Pro XT610 Unlocked GSM Phone with Android 2.2 OS, 5MP Camera, Wi-Fi and GPS - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
this phone is the only yet best i've ever had. it has a very responsive touchscreen, a very awesome keyboard that allows you to insert and view the whole screen at the same time, just as long as you get used to it and very fluent(it doesn't take very long). there is an excellent camera and a very bright flash. there are seven different home screens that you can edit on the phone, not go on your computer. everything's adjustable. direct access to the app store and google play. very nice phone, and the price is a lot better than the one on the moto website. (it didn't come with the micro sd like it said it would.):-P

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, great value for the money!, March 5, 2013
In general, I love this phone, great keyboard and responsive touchscreen. Ended up rooting the phone, getting rid of the main battery draining apps, setting the CPU to scale between 300mHz and 1gHz depending on need, and setting up a task killer for everything else. I can now use it all day, including streaming a good bit of music and only have to plug it in at night before bed. If I didn't use it for streaming, I'd probably get a lot more. Basically, if Motorola/Verizon didn't load it with so much crap it would be an almost perfect phone. The screen's not as big as some of the other phones, like the Thunderbolt, but I like the overall size of the phone better. Would definitely recommend if you didn't intend to keep a stock configuration. Otherwise, look elsewhere. It also feels kind of cheaply made compared to some of the other offering out there, but I haven't suffered any hardware problems with it.

Pros: Excellent internal memory. Good camera. Comfortable keyboard and precise.

4.0 out of 5 stars ...a smartphone designed by dumb-bells, January 29, 2013
Took a couple of weeks to get used to the small screen on this thing. It has a nice resolution, so no problem reading at it. The only unfortunate thing about the xt610 is the size and layout of the keyboard.

I got the phone because it is the only candy bar style phone with decent hardware out there. And I got it to replace my ageing BB-7290.

The xt-610 is fast (with an Cortex-A8 running the show) but the size of the keyboard ruined it for me. There just is no space for an adult size hand to type in this crammed keyboard. And,there is no way to hold it while typing because there is no space below the keyboard to hold the phone while you type. Not to mention there are no cursor keys. no up, or down or left and right. so good luck trying to correct a typo. there is a software thing on screen but it's worthless because it does not activate on every app. you can backup typo's on evernote but on the browser it will not work. the idiots who designed this keyboard should loose their jobs!

Old style blackberry's had a nice keyboard and lots of room for an adult hand. I do not understand this running away from the keyboard by the phone industry.(??). I don't care what sales people tell me at phone vending places, but typing on a hard screen is irritating.

(a keyboard makes typing a breeze), of course there will by lots of typing on a smart-phone, the thing is a portable computer.

I guess I will have to wait for the new windows phones, I have seen prototypes of nice and wide keyboards WITH a nice and big screen. WITH cursor keys. the Galaxy note is popular, and it's huge. Why can't phone makers make a decent candy bar phone with a decent screen with cursor keys????

Too bad, the phone is fast and has plenty of memory. I had to give it to my nephew, he still has small hands.

smartphones designed by dumb-bells

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., December 1, 2013
I hate texting on a touchscreen, but I like using touch for other features. My phone of choice was the BB Bold, but I couldn't afford it so I searched high and low for another option and discovered this phone. So far I love this phone, and I think the reason the reviews are either hit or miss is because there are two different versions of this phone being shipped.

The first phone I ordered turned on fine, made calls and texts, but the wifi would not work. I loved the way the phone was made so I returned it and ordered another in hopes that the first was just a defective phone. Imagine my surprise when the next one I received worked perfectly...because it's a different version of the same phone. The LED notification light is steady instead of blinking, the available wallpapers and apps are slightly different, the phone feels lighter overall, and the back is rubbery instead of slick and shiny. The second phone also came with the ugliest charger I have ever seen (the first once came with the light up charger that's pictured by the seller) and no memory card.

So far all features are working perfectly. The phone is quick, responsive, and customizable. You do have to search around in the settings to disable many of the "helpful" features (man do I hate predictive text lol), but you can change many of the factory settings. It doesn't have the latest and greatest version of android, but it does have some useful shortcut widgets and other features. You just have to play with it a bit to find them. I looovee the keyboard, but then again I do have skinny fingers so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.

As far as carrier goes, I use a GSM cell service that's unique to my local area, but it's very similar to AT&T and T-Mobile and the phone is working fine for me. I'm sure not all features are compatible, but that's a risk you take when you order online. The phone is unlocked, but keep in mind if you ever update this phone it will most likely lock again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, November 24, 2013
phone works great, just popped in my att sim card and it worked great. you dont even need a data plan for the phone to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this, September 5, 2013
its the best phone I ever had. bought mine then bought one for boyfriend and one for mom. they are so fast, so much storage and so many apps. 3,000 pictures and still fast. the best of a touch screen but with an easy to type keyboard. great camera. highly recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow and laggy., February 25, 2014
This phone is very slow and freezes a lot. Sometimes I'll open an app and it'll take too long to load, and the phone will just turns itself off. It's only $100, so I guess you "get what you pay for." The design of the keypad is terrible because the letters are so close together and my fingers are pretty small so... I guess it's something you just have to get used to it. The camera quality is 5 megapixels but it's a lot more grainy than it should be. If you want a good phone that's around the same price, get a samsung galaxy s blaze. It has 4G, better quality photos, and it's much faster and not laggy. Oh yeah, for some reason the video player will only sometimes work. Though I've never been able to open up a snapchat video and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the flash player, snapchat app, and changed the video settings. I've done some research and found no solution. I've never had a problem playing videos with my other smart phones. I give it two stars because it works, but it's short from being anywhere near great.

2.0 out of 5 stars att sim cards not working in this yet!!, October 5, 2012
T Enix (Pathfork, KY USA) - See all my reviews
"GSM-based global services work only with a SIM card supplied by Verizon Wireless® or by another GSM 900 or GSM 1800 service provider. When you set your phone to use a GSM 900 or GSM 1800 network you may be prompted to enter a subsidy code. To get this code, contact Verizon Wireless." Not found anyone online that can get it to work on att in US.

1.0 out of 5 stars The phone itself was nice, but, May 9, 2014
If you have T-Mobile or AT&T sim chip, never order it!
It is not working for you.

In addition, I ordered used one and because the simchip was not working for mine, so that I returned it.
However, The seller refunded me only 50% of my money, because the seller argued that 'You made my phone scratches !"
I'm surely not make any scratches on the phone!; as soon as I got this one, I tried Simchip and when I found mine is not working, I put it again to envelope.

If you have no plan 'refund', This is good. However, if you consider refund, you may have to 50% of your money deduction.!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, September 13, 2013
This cellphone works in Venezuela and is very very fast. I like it so much. The screen is big. =)