5.0 out of 5 stars Solid product, well engineered
This product is good and delivers exactly what is advertised. I rate it 5 stars.

Published on January 15, 2010 by V. Ramirez

3.0 out of 5 stars Does its job...beware the bolts..
This wall mount serves its purpose. I have mounted a 50" plasma to it and the full motion range allows an excellent viewing angle.

Published on May 12, 2010 by T. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid product, well engineered, January 15, 2010
This review is from: Mount-It! LCD TV, LED TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt & Swivel Articulating Dual Arm for Flat Screen Flat Panel LCD LED Plasma TV and Monitor Displays 42-70 inch (Electronics)

I purchased this after reviewing perhaps 50 other units. It seems most products don't include enough information to make an informed decision, so I felt like I was taking a gamble with whichever unit I chose. My primary criteria was to find something strong enough that would not sag with a 52" LCD flatscreen, would have enough adjustments to make itself sit level, and would be able to pull out from the bookshelf space where it would be mounted.

The unit is well constructed. There is no excessive play, the parts are all strong, and the machining done with nice quality. The back of the unit is ~19 inches across and fit my 16" studs nicely, and because of the location of the studs, the mounted part is offset from center about 5". This has caused no problems and the tv sits horizontal with zero sag. The up-down tilt knobs provide small flexibility to correct side-to-side tilt, of maybe 1 or 2 degrees, and of course they also allow the screen to be tilted up or down 15 degees as stated in the specs. The pins (hinges) which allow articulation of the arms have chromed bolts and are a tight fit - in fact are quite stiff. I think this is good, as it was sloppy play that I was concerned about, and this certainly is not a problem.

The instruction manual was super simple, well illustrated, and on good quality glossy paper. Literally, 1, 2 and 3. I only wish other products were so good in this regard.

This product will work as advertised and I recommend it as an excellent value. I ordered 12 products simultaneously from different venders, and this arrived first, 2 days early.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does its job...beware the bolts.., May 12, 2010

Be careful with the bolts when mounting the bracket to your wall studs. Per the included instructions, I properly drilled 2.5" pilot holes using a 3/16" drill bit. When turning the included 5/16" x 3 1/2" bolts, three of the four twisted off ~1" down the length of the bolt (where the threads end). Clearly a manufacturing defect.

The exact same size bolts purchased at my local hardware store had no such difficulties. I would hate for someone to think their TV is mounted appropriately and have it fall off the wall! These bad bolts may be an anomaly, but please check yours when mounting the bracket. The bracket itself is quite sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!, March 7, 2011
G. Mortillaro (Gloucester, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This thing is great, in my case it was a pain to put up, but only because my house is built wrong and my studs are 2 ft apart instead of 16 in. After the space issue was solved putting this up was a breeze. The parts that go on the back wouldn't take the lock washer for my TV, it seems the threads are a but deep for this product. without the lock washer the screws went in fine.

I love being able to move the TV around especially when i need to plug more stuff in...it make access to the back super easy.

Its built like a rock, weighs more than my TV and supported my full wight 150lb (testing the wall more than the mount). In my opinion it is a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just placed my second order, June 9, 2012
Very solid mount and easy to install. Loved the leveling feature. I hung my 80" Sharp above the fireplace. I extended the mount, hung the tv, hooked up the cables, folded back to the wall, and adjusted the tilt and leveled with ease. Highly recommend. I just ordered a second one for my 55" Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, hooked up my 70 inch Sharp Aquos LED (100lb), July 19, 2011
I can move my 70 inch Sharp Aquos (tilt/swivel). Full motion mounts are a lot more expensive at stores. This one works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars TV Mount, January 30, 2010
This is very heavy duty wall mount that swivels form the wall up to 20" and then folds flat against the wall to keep it out of the way. I could mount a tv much bigger than my 47", much heavier that what I saw at Best Buy, Walmart, Sears etc, The value was amazing, I saved so much buying from here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great for 65" Plasma, March 1, 2011
This worked great for our new 65" Panasonic Plasma - TC-P65S2. This TV weighs just under 125 Lbs. It takes a bit of effort to move this but the up side is that once in place, it doesn't move. We like that it moves away and towards the wall it's mounted on. This makes it easy to get behind it for cables and cleaning. Being able to swivel it for the occasional people siting to the side of the room has been a benefit we use more often than we thought we would. I was also happy that it allows the TV to "slide" left to right which aids centering on the wall or moving toward us if to one side of the room. Adjustment was very easy for making the TV level - 1 tension screw - just loosen it, level it and tighten the screw.

I took the advice in the other reviews here and bought better Lag Bolts. I bought higher quality Stainless Steel Lags. I've had low quality Lags with other products that would snap off as I would rachet them into 2x4 studs. These appeared to be of lessor quality Lags so I just didn't want to risk it.

There is some very minor flexing of the mount but nothing more than expected. You got plenty of adjustment range anyway.

I gave this 5 star in spite of my suspicion of the Lag Bolts - I didn't test them so I really don't know if they were a problem.

The directions were ok - if you need them. There really isn't much to this. Just relax and look at it logically and you'll see how easy it is to put together.

I would purchase this item again in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on 50" Plasma, December 17, 2009
Very Fast shipping. The instructions were adequate complete with the funny English, i.e. "Enjoy the using!" . All the parts were there for various options of installation and many different tv model/brands.
The mount is sturdy and doesn't have any problem holding my Panasonic 50" plasma TV.
No complaints and very happy I didn't have to spend $200-300.
Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sturdy Mount, January 13, 2011
This mount is built very heavy and I could find no fault with it. There was some play in the articulating arm but not excessive and it did not affect the operation of the unit. It was easy to install and the directions were clear and simple to follow. After reading the other reviews I bought 4 lag screws to attach the plate to the wall rather than use the included lag bolts as they have been known to twist off. I had no troubles with any other mounting hardware. I hung a Samsung 58" Plasma TV on it that weighs 88 lbs and it seems to handle it easily. Lots of adjustment possibilities with the mount in case your studs are not exactly where you want to hang the TV. Even though I leveled the wall plate, when I hung the TV on the mount it was tilted down to the right and off level about an inch. I was really ticked because I thought I would have to remove it and re-drill holes. Then I remembered that the brackets that attach to the TV are adjustable and quickly fixed the level problem. I would recommend this mount. Don't buy from the big box stores this one is the best value and you don't get ripped off. I bought a lesser mount at Best Buy with the TV and when I got home and checked Amazon I returned the BB mount and saved myself $200 bucks. Not to mention the $60 I saved over BB by buying my HDMI cables from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and Well Built, April 25, 2012
We bought this for a 70 inch Sharp LED TV. It was easy to install and works great! We can easily tilt the TV to hook up Wii on the back. We can also change the angle to avoid glare from the windows. Highly Recommended!!!

Rate and Discover Movies