4.0 out of 5 stars Quick drying, sturdy, and look good
I bought these to take traveling to places that I would not have access to a dryer for my laundry. These pants worked out almost perfectly.

Plus:
-- they do dry quickly. i travelled to a slightly subtropical climate. they dried (almost completely) by morning.
-- very durable construction and sturdy material
-- they look as good as any cotton...
Published 15 months ago by fygar

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but baggy.
Published 4 months ago by Takuan Soho

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick drying, sturdy, and look good, March 17, 2013
fygar (hermosa beach, ca) - See all my reviews

Plus:
-- very durable construction and sturdy material
-- they look as good as any cotton khaki, could be worn to casual work environment
-- the fabric "breathes" nicely
-- the fabric does not have a static kling as some synthetic materials do

Minus:
-- does not have much stretch to the material, which makes them less comfortable than cotton
-- compared to blue jeans of the same measurement, the cut of these felt about an inch tighter

Bonuses:
-- the minuses motivated me to work on my muffin top
-- had a few zippered hidden pockets, which has very useful when traveling with lots of currency on hand

4.0 out of 5 stars Like them a lot, but, February 25, 2013
I really like these pants. They fit well when new, the pockets are well designed, and the fabric is comfortable and seems like it will last forever. But over the last few months they have lost several inches in length as the main inseam shrinks and puckers. They were washed and dried on low heat, but I'm going to have to try wetting and stretching them out, and then air drying them from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, October 10, 2013
I love these pants. They fit great and are extremely comfortable. I wear them every week and bought another pair. These pants are durable enough for any outdoor hiking adventure and look good enough for business casual dress. I have had a pair of Mountain Khakis for about 1 year and they look bran new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, March 2, 2014
I use these pants for backpacking. The breatheability and quality of the fabric is tops. They also fit well and are light in weight.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but baggy., February 21, 2014
I was looking for a pair of functional, water-resistant, quick-dry khakis that could do double duty as general walking-around pants on a trip to Vietnam, but could also be quasi-dressy casual khakis in case I went someplace with a dress code a cut above t-shirt and jeans. These pants fit as advertised as far as waist/inseam goes, but they are *super* baggy -- almost like bell bottoms at the bottom of the leg. No complaints on the material/construction, etc., but between the cargo pocket and the bulk, much more functional than stylish. I returned them in favor of the Columbia Cool Creek II Stretch Pant, which seemed to have similar function without the "look at me, I'm a hiker!" look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hiking pants I've found, February 7, 2014
Matthew Hengst (Orange County, CA / Boise, ID) - See all my reviews
I'm outdoors constantly and I tend to do a lot of bushwhacking and scrambling across rather abrasive rocks. So as you can imagine my personal history with hiking pants is littered with shredded seams and ripped out asses that always seem happen at horribly inconvenient times. ("Ok everyone, clip into the rope and follow the guy with the shredded ass up the pitch!")

And honestly I've done the same to these but they've held up longer than anything else I've tried. All the seams are triple stitched and I like the tradeoff between light and comfortable to move in yet rugged material. The pockets are well laid out and the belt loops are reenforced which really helps and I'm always hanging cameras or GPS's off them when running around without a pack.

They're a lot more comfortable than the zip off variation when you're scrambling I'm on my 4th pair and probably spent week 6 months total time living in them on various trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Comfortable and don't Stain, January 29, 2014
These pants are great. The first time I wore these I got bar oil from a chainsaw and deer blood on them. I washed them and they looked brand new again. These are great hiking pants they dry out in no time and are light weight. FYI they only have one back pocket and it is on the right hand side.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING QUALITY AND LOOK, January 28, 2014
I recently returned from a 3 week trip to southeast Asia with these pants. They traveled well, always looked better than any of the other pants of this type that I own. I found that I could wear them out to dinner in cities like Hong Kong and Bangkok at night without feeling like I was under dressed, yet they were extremely durable outdoors in less inviting areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants, October 9, 2013
Great material, fit great. Nice and lightweight. These really are nice pants. Have even had people stop and ask me where I got them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pants but not for someone my size., December 9, 2011
Unfortunately, I had to send these pants back. I am about 6' 220lbs and I have larger than average thighs (very athletic build). The pants were just too tight on my thighs. I would recommend them if I was about 30 lbs less.

Mountain Khakis Men's Granite Creek Pant, Ash, 32x32