Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Shop Now Tikes

Color: Retro KhakiSize: 36W 32LChange

on July 31, 2013
Hi all. I've had 5 pairs of the Teton Twill pants, my first pair being purchased about 6 years ago. That pair is still going strong - but I've stained them up over the years to were they are only good for weekend duty.

Like some others, I recently ordered a brand new pair from Amazon here and noticed the fabric felt lighter. Concerned that this was reflective of a lesser quality product, I wrote Mountain Khaki's customer support, inquiring about a change to the fabric weight or weave. This is their reply:

"Thanks for your email and your interest in MK. Although we do strive to offer unmatched quality when it comes to our pants, we strive even harder to provide unmatched customer service.

As a small, young company, Mountain Khakis has had to make some changes over the years. However, all the changes we've made have been in an attempt to better the product. There is no question the pants from past seasons/years have slight differences, but we believe they are much improved from our first few seasons. We have honed in on better points of measurements and standards as the company has grown.

The fabric specs remain the same with a few slight washing and treating modifications. For example: the old supplier added a ton of starch and too much enzyme wash to the fabric. This may have made the fabric seem more durable, but the reality was it made it stiff and board like. The super tight weave also made the fabric wrinkle more than we liked if laundered incorrectly. As a result, we removed the starch, changed the enzyme wash, and opened the weave by a fraction to have a nicer hand and drape. Durability has yet to be an issue-although some people find the fabric to be "lighter", it is simply not the case from a technical standpoint."

So there you go. They will feel lighter because they opened the weave and took some starch out of them. I can tell you, after washing this new pair, they do wrinkle much less than the older pairs. The new pair also is the best fitting. I ordered a second pair today, and when they arrive I'll update this if there is any inconsistency.

Hopefully this helps some of you who, like me, may have concerns over the way these pants "feel" now. I think they'll still be just as durable as the older ones.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
These pants are great. The sizing is spot on. They're comfortable and hardwearing. I've got a couple of pairs.

Now for the downside. NEVER EVER EVER buy from I tried to buy 2 pairs of these pants from them (via Amazon) and whilst they claim they have stock (here and on their own website), they never do. Instead, they'll charge your credit card and then a week later will cancel the order. And then it takes weeks before they refund your credit card. Use instead. Those guys are reliable, caring and superswift in delivery. I'm unhappy with - they've done this to me a couple of times.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2011
Mountain Khakis are going downhill in quality.
The fabric is now lighter weight and poor quality, the pants does not hold it's shape well. They look like pajamas.
The pockets are not as deep.
Overall impression is the manufacturer is cutting costs at the cost of what used to be a quality product.
on September 24, 2014
Love these, currently have 4 pair. They launder well, for me they don't need to be ironed. Very comfortable. I like the extra front pocket for my cell phone and the reinforced heel. They look like they are going to wear very well. A longer zipper (that unzips a little lower) would get them to 5 stars.
on September 29, 2011
Sizes run long. Good quality and stitching. The "Natural" color is a really light pale green. I wish they offered a more baggy fit, with more room in the butt.
on August 25, 2009
I used to wear various brands of khakis for work and pleasure. About 2 years ago I discovered Mountain Khakis. I still wear those pants today. They look almost brand new. The high quality canvas fabric, and double stitching make these pants extremely durable. They look good in the office, hiking in the mountains, and out on the boat. I don't buy khakis, or corduroy pants from anyone else now. I drank the Kool-Aid, and converted.
on November 22, 2012
I've wanted to purchase Mountain Khakis pants for some time. These were a great value. The pants are really comfortable and well made. I was surprised to find out that the pants were made in Cambodia, I assumed at the normal retail price they were actually made in the USA. I'm kind of big on buying American.
on August 23, 2013
These are great pants. Very study and well-made. They are also suitable for me to wear around the office, which is why I purchased them - they'll work outside and inside.

That being said...

Every other pair of pants and blue jeans I own are the same size (36x34), so I figured that size in these pants would work as well. I was wrong. When I got them and tried them on, I might as well have been the fattest man alive. They were way too small in the waist (although the length was correct). I don't want baggy pants, but I at least want to be able to get them on. It was the same with a second pair I had ordered. So I sent them back and ordered up FOUR inches in my waist size. Those pants fit well enough to keep. Quite a hit to the self-esteem with the sizing of these pants.

One of the pairs that fit had a minor tear in the knee. I would have ordered a replacement, but they weren't offered by Amazon on this product and I'd already returned the two small pairs so it was becoming a hassle. So I'll just keep them and use them as outside work pants for around the house.

Great, high quality pants and once you find the right size, the fit is very comfortable. But be very leery of the sizing of them. It might not be worth the trouble for you.
on May 29, 2015
These are some of the most comfortable pants I own. I purchased one in a local store after trying them on, and immediately came to Amazon and bought another. One of the things that appealed to me was what would seem to be great durability considering how they were constructed. Unfortunately, the material itself is a weak spot. Within about 5 days of wearing them I was already seeing wear patterns on my front pocket where my cell phone is, and at the very bottom of the cuff. After about one season of use I've got very noticeable wear around the cell phone, and a pretty significant (~1/4") hole in the back pocket where my wallet sits on one pair. I was rather surprised the material wore away that easily as I've never had any other pants do this so rapidly.

They wash fine. Come out of a dryer slightly wrinkly. Nothing that bothers me, but if you wanted a professionalish look in an office you would probably need to break out an iron. No problem for typical around town wear or outdoors.

I'm hoping the bit of spandex in the Lake Lodge Twill (the lighter weight version of these pants) help with the durability.
on August 17, 2013
I recently purchased a pair of these for my husband who wears a consistent 40x30 and they were too small in the waist. So, I brought him into a small mom and pop store that carries MK, Filson, Marmot, Arc'Teryx, and among others. He tried the 42x30 and still didn't fit and then went to the 44x30 and said the 44 was tighter than the 40x30. The clerk said in some cases they can run a little bit small, but she always said we are bout fit and don't think of what the tag says. Well, after trying on 4 different styles of MK, my husband was still out on finding a pair of khakis. Ultimately, he said there wasn't enough 'BALL' room and the crotch length was way too short. He ended up purchasing the Mens' Arc'Teryx Bastion Pant for 5 bucks more and said they fit perfect. Also, be noted my son also has troubles with MK and he wears a 30x34 and says the same thing. Thinking we'll opt for Bill's Khakis and give up on MK. The fabric is nice, but sizing is a joke.