Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for the Macintosh
Used & New from: $269.00
Mountain Lion - software compatible? This comes bundled with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro: does this work on Mountain Lion?

[...when I say "bundled", you obviously are paying a lot for this software inside the bundle offered here (hence the machine's high price). But as 9 Pro is a fairly old version though (Acrobat X Pro has already been out some time now!), so it must be reasonably large discounted to Fujitsu (their PFU Ltd division, who make this machine: http://www.fujitsu.com/emea/about/fel ) when they buy copies for this bundle anyway.]

Still, the main issue still stands: if this comes with Acrobat 9 Pro currently, then I will need it to work in Mac OS X "Mountain Lion" released in a 3-4 weeks time. As if I have to purchase an entirely new upgrade to version Acrobat X Pro, this will cost **~$200** or more! As this is nearly half the cost of this machine, it would then clearly make the purchase of the machine not worth the expensive money being charged for it. Fujitsu are being VERY unclear on this from my research.

Anyone know? Help, I really need to know before buying or not!
asked by j s on July 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
I have the bundled Acrobat Pro 9 which came with my Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M that I purchased just 18 weeks ago. My experience is that since upgrading to Mountain Lion - the Clearscan OCR will NOT work on a document that has previously been scanned. Any attempt to do this will result in the message "Acrobat has quit unexpectedly ...." This has played havoc with my scanning workflow. My usage does not justify the upgrade to Acrobat X price of US$199. I would not recommend purchasing the 1500M until the issue is resolved.
Shocked answered on August 7, 2012

A
votes
Thanks for reply.
That sounds like a major bummer, especially as it affects your workflow directly! (So many times I've had my workflow broken by having to fix problems following new OS releases: it's such a pain, and is utterly bad for the economy as it helps to kill man hours dealing with work-arounds to problem after problem!)

My strong suggestion on that one would be to first try a reinstall of Acrobat, then if still fails, contact Adobe about it ASAP (they NEED to know such bugs exist, otherwise they're none the wiser on them even existing!!), it sounds like something they should be advising on directly and patching accordingly: it most certainly should NOT be doing such an abusive "force quit" behaviour for sure.

Anyone else affected by this, or anything else?

[see UK forum, as well: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Lion-does-this-work/forum/Fx11RP27LOW8R1I/Tx301Q4DUBNVZK2/1/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B001VGG6X2 ]
j s answered on August 15, 2012

A
votes
Bump.
(Mountain Lion's now released - can anyone confirm PLEASE?)
j s answered on August 2, 2012

A
votes
Hi, what is the verdict on this? Does it work with Mountain Lion? Which Adobe software comes with it now? Thanks.
Lil answered on September 16, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on Aug 16, 2012 4:35:21 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›