5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in the series!, April 30, 2013
I remember the day I bought this dang book: it was early 1982 and I was at Ives Bookstore looking for something simple to read, and this display jumped out at me. I picked up 'Pillars of Pentagarn' and 'Return to Brookmere' and that night...learned the joys of the Endless Quest! Next week, I went back...and the display was empty. Feeling down (in that way you only feel when you were looking forward to something that you now can't have) I sighed and walked around the store...and saw one copy of 'Mountain of Mirrors' sitting on a shelf in the wrong area entirely! I snapped it up, and that night I drank deep of a story that any kid would enjoy. Action, fun, fantasy and genuine chills came at me, and it was all I could do to keep from cheating and peeking at every ending. This was an AMAZING book, and every few years or so...I pick up a couple of my old Endless Quest books and once again...I'm a kid. This was just about the best of those first 4 books, so snap one up for your child...or yourself ;>)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book!, July 10, 2008
Thor Savage87 (Southington, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This book was my first exposure to fantasy. I remember buying it at a book fair at my elementary school because I liked the cover. As Landon the elf, you go on a great adventure filled with monsters and fellow elves in need of rescue. Young readers will really enjoy it if they like fantasy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, March 9, 2007
These types of books are a lot of fun. You get to pick what you do next and the story is different every time.

Mountain of Mirrors
Mountain of Mirrors by Rose Estes (Paperback - July 1982)
Used & New from: $10.98