Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Size: One Size|Change

on December 16, 2011
I can't recommend these highly enough. If you have a Mountainsmith Tour or Day bag, you absolutely must have the Strapettes! IMO any lumbar pack over about 500 ci can be uncomfortable fully loaded. These are very effective at balancing the load between your waist and your shoulders. They make your lumbar pack much easier to hump around for much longer.

I don't care for the way they attach, FWIW. I guess you could blame the Strapettes but it has to fit the fixture on the pack. I'd prefer a fastex-type buckle, but then of course that's a possible point of failure. And realistically the only issue with the mount they use is that's it tough to remove. Don't worry- you won't ever remove it.

If you have an MS pack over about 500 ci, get the Strapettes! The hike you save may be your own.
on July 17, 2014
With a little extra hardware such as clamps and buckles (I got some from Strapworks.com) you could use this to convert many packs to a backpack. I used it on a large fanny pack that kept slipping off my waist. Please note that the image is accurate in that the padded part of the harness is narrow, so the straps cross your inner chest in front rather than your shoulders, making it less likely to slide off. A better design than traditional backpack straps, though I am not sure how much females would like it though. I bought this for hunting, because since the harness doesn't rest on your shoulders, it doesn't interfere with shooting.
on December 4, 2010
I've owned a Mountainsmith daypack for a couple of years and us it more often than any of my other packs. Every time I would hike with it, I'd wish for the support of straps (suspenders)before the day was over. The strapette has greatly improved the comfort and support of the daypack. I don't know why I didn't buy them earlier.
on September 26, 2014
They do what they are supposed to do. I use mine when fly-fishing. How so? I put my day-gear (lunch, rain slicker, water filter) in the Mountainsmith lumbar pack (purchased separately) using this harness affixed. Then, I put my fly fishing vest over the harness. The result is a lumbar pack hanging from these shoulder straps without adding additional weight to your fly fishing vest. Over the years, I have attempted to be "gear" economical by using the large sleeve sewn into the back of the fly-fishing vest. But this ends up putting uncomfortable strain on your back and tends to be constantly pulling your vest down and back. These strappette straps, designed to be used with the Mountainsmith lumbar pack, relieve the strain and enable me to carry, AND fish, with all the gear I need for an extended day on the water. They ARE expensive. You pay for what they do, not what they cost to make. Another good feature; they are as lightweight as they can be...but are still sturdy as they need to be to do the job. Great job of design by Mountainsmith.
VINE VOICEon April 2, 2016
I own both the Mountainsmith Tour and Mountainsmith Day Lumbar Packs and installed these on both upon receipt. I've been carrying all kind of packs for decades and equal load distribution is essential. The Mountainsmith Strapplets balance the Lumbar packs as well as transferring some of the weight to the shoulders. The chest strap that locks the whole rig in place and I use mine all of the time carrying heavy DSLR camera equipment.

This strap is lightweight but it's made well. It's made to support more than the average amount of weight you would put typically into a lumbar pack.

Note: The front strap attaches to the body of the pack right near the water bottles by sliding the metal piece sideways through the plastic piece
on October 14, 2014
Basically, these straps turn your butt pack into a back pack and distribute the load more evenly. I love them and can't believe I waited so long to purchase them! I have 2 sizes of Mountainsmith packs, and interchange these as needed. They've made such a difference in lightening the load, I find myself using the bags more often just because they are now more comfortable to carry! Love these...would absolutely purchase again!
on May 28, 2016
Regardless of the other stupid reviews that may say not to buy this, please do yourself a favor & buy these now.
I didn't buy them at first, but then realized it's common sense to buy these. takes all the weight off your waist, and if one has a little weight in the pack it's kind of tight around the gut area due to the weight pulling it back naturally.
BUY THIS THING!!
You will not regret it whatsoever!
Have a great day!
Happy hiking.
on July 16, 2008
I do not know why Mountainsmith does not include these with ALL fannypacks (yes I do, since they charge 30 bucks for them)! This turns any fannypack into a useful day pack, much better than the included shoulder strap. These are comfortable, quality made straps that snap into the top of the Mountainsmith brand fanny packs.
on December 15, 2013
Another great product... the ability to change the use of your mountainsmith fanny and day packs is awesome.
Even fits me a big guy at 6ft 5ins, and allows me to now carry the daypack as backpack and add a photo belt for my camera stuff that I am using as I hike.... Very well made and simple to add to their packs.
on June 19, 2016
These strappettes are very easy to install. At first glance, the directions that are provided make it look more complicated to install. Go to you tube, and watch a video on the install, if directions are not immediately clear. I especially like these because they keep my Day Lumbar Pack against my back, rather than the top of pack leaning away from my back. The bulk of pack weight is still handled by the hips, but the strappettes add a bit more comfort and stability.