Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: Pinon Green|Size: 2L|Change

on August 29, 2013
For the past couple of years I have been big on having certain things with me at all times. I don't like to fill my pockets with stuff and needed a better option. This was the recommendation of the Nutnfancy YouTube channel. He has great reviews on guns, knives, and lots of camping and backpacking gear. A great YouTube channel.

I have been using the Maxpedition Pocket Organizer but wanted to try something a little larger for my everyday carry stuff so this was my choice. I am not a fanny pack guy but I was willing to give this a try.
This is a quality piece of gear. The size is W 8.75", H 4.75", D 2.5". It has a main compartment with a quality YKK nylon zipper across the top. Inside is another smaller zipper compartment. There are several other dividers for credit cards or other smaller items. There is also a key clip. In front there is another smaller media compartment which is fleece lined and has a cord port to bring headphones out. This also has a YKK nylon zipper across the top. The back of the pack is well padded with an anti sweat mesh material. The overall material quality and workmanship is excellent. The waste belt is adjustable up to about 40" with a quick disconnect nylon clip.

Here is a list of what I carry in this Vibe: Maglite LED, 2 AA batteries, Chap Stick, Ducktape,comb, Bic, Wet Wipes, lens cleaning cloth,Leatherman Juice S2 multi tool, $20, bandages,alcohol swabs, Aleve, Pepto Chewables, IPod Touch, ear buds. ID cards, pen, 9mm mag and a house key. There is room for more.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
This is perfect size for someone who wants a compact unobtrusive way of carrying a small amount of stuff. It's a fanny pack that doesn't look like a fanny pack. You can wear an untucked shirt over it and render it invisible if you want. It will carry a wallet, some car keys, sunglasses, and a cell phone, but not much more. But for a short walk in the park that is just fine for me. If you are going for longer hikes or need hydration, then go with something bigger. But this is perfect for my needs, brief walks in the park. I also agree with manufacturer's description of "best internal organization." Lots of different compartments so you can keep things separate. Also very well made. If you are looking to be as inconspicuous as possible, go with charcoal gray or twilight blue, since they are both monochromatic. The other colors have contrasting accents.
on May 8, 2012
This pack is sturdy and nicely made. My complaint is that it has very little space inside. There seems to be too much padding between the two compartments and on the face that rests against your body. The padding takes up space that could have been filled with items you want to carry. If it had one large compartment instead of two thinner compartments it could hold a greater variety of things. As built, it is best for holding a few small flat objects.

The advertised volume of the pack is 122 cubic inches (2 liters). I don't see how this can be true. A 1-liter Nalgene bottle doesn't come close to fitting into the main compartment. I stuffed the pack with crumpled newspapers to puff it up. In that state, the external size of the pack looks only a bit larger than the 1-liter bottle. A significant part of that size consists of the pack's excessive padding. I think the 2 liter capacity claim is a gross exaggeration.

When loaded with significant weight, the top of the pack tips away from the body. I find this annoying. Tipping can be prevented by cinching the belt tightly, but I would prefer to leave the belt a little loose. If the belt were attached higher on the body of the pack this tipping probably wouldn't occur.

I was able to cram the following items into the pack (and it was JAMMED): 8-oz. stainless steel hip flask with collapsing plastic cup (water for the dog on long hot walks), small cell phone, small pocket camera (Canon S95), and a handheld GPS receiver (Garmin 60CSx) with the top of the GPS sticking out of the partially open zipper. Jammed tightly like this it was difficult to access the items in the pack. But get this: I can easily and comfortably fit all those items into the pockets of my bluejeans!

If you don't plan to fit too much size or weight into this pack it is a good choice.
Ok like many on here I came to this little backpack via nutnfancy project recommendation. I am not a big fanny pack kind of guy and just dont like it sticking out. I dont wear it all that much for that reason. Yes it is small but it still sticks out unless you wear very loose clothing. Even when I do that it screams, this guy is pacing a full size 1911 under his shirt with four spare mags. At least that is what mine screams, yours may scream something entirely different.

Pack is top notch quality that will surprise even the most picky. Lots of cool pockets. Summer is upon us and this will look more appropriate with shorts.

I use it constantly even though I am not carrying it. It hold a ton of my stuff and I throw it in each vehicle I am in, bag or briefcase when going somewhere.

Would give another star but it sags when full no matter how tight you sinch it up. So the strap should connect higher on the pack to elivate this.

This is a great way to keep all your gear together. Very happy with the purchase.
on September 11, 2014
Great replacement bag, but I wish it was a tad bit bigger. I like to carry not only my digital camera, but my wallet, cell, keys, and some personal items with me when I go hiking. This bag is just a tad smaller than my last one. I wish the main pocket was a little wider. Otherwise than that, you can't beat the material Mountainsmith uses.
on February 17, 2014
So small. So light. So durable. This little pack holds all of my extra EDC stuff and is quick on and off. It is small so very compact. A lot less noticeable than the normal fanny packs.
A+++
If you are looking for a very small and highly valuable pack for EDC or quick day hikes. This is it.
on June 13, 2015
I'm a nurse, and use this as a place to stuff a combination of things I always need, but don't want to litter my pockets with, and things I rarely need, but when I need them, don't want to travel all the way to my EDC to get it. So far it has worked GREAT! I wear it on my left side/back and it's really comfortable, and easy to access. I've had colleges tell me that it really doesn't look bad, but they still would give me a hard time, because let's face it, fanny packs have a negative connotation.

I highly recommend wearing an undershirt though, without an undershirt, the straps will dig into your skin, but with a shirt, it's no problem at all.
on March 3, 2016
Great pack that I bought for a trip to Disney World. I was happy with the construction, but I decided to rate it at 4/5 because of the belt length. Granted, I may have a large waistline, but I didn't think I would have it maxed out. Regardless, it works great is well made...not to mention has great colors that don't look like a retro/ugly/1990's version. Function over Fashion
on April 3, 2015
This is a nifty, quality waist pack made from plastic bottles! It is SMALL but, fits fine around my 40" waist. It is good for your keys, smart phone, loose change, and other small items. It is NOT for a water bottle or sweatshirt! It's size is what makes it nice. You can drape your shirt over this pack and not even notice it. The main compartment is DOUBLE zippered which gives you great access and is YELLOW inside allowing you to SEE small items like a key inside. There is an outside zippered pocket too for a Credit Card or ticket for quick access. And it's GREEN.
on February 5, 2016
Its great for 2-3 small items like keys and a phone. But I wanted to get it as a day hiking pouch, and it is way too small for that. Still a great product though. Well made and strong, with lots of compartments. But the foam padding is too thick, making it even smaller to fit anything reasonably large.