Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Color: Charcoal Grey|Size: One Size|Change

on June 16, 2012
Pretty simple tent footprint, it adds an extra level of protection against war and abrasion as well as a ground moisture barrier. The tie-out tabs are well stitched, and color coded for alignment with the Morrison 2 tent's poles. Folds down to an extremely small tight package, and will fit with the rest of the Morrison 2 inside that tent's included stuff sack. This footprint has worked fine and shows no signs of wear after a week or two of camping out.
on September 7, 2013
What's there to say about a groundcloth? BUT WAIT - it's COLOR CODED like the tent - making it (almost) idiot proof - could'a used that color coding thing one cold, rainy (drunken) camping night in Wales...but I digress. I suspect there are some lighter-weight alternatives to this out there (poly, etc) but the whole Mountainsmith color-coding thing really is cool and makes tent setup quick and painless - even in the dark...
on October 15, 2014
A tent footprint is a piece of tent floor fabric that is slightly smaller than the tent floor, which is supposed to keep dampness from under the tent. Additionally, the footprint shields the tent floor from sharp objects.

I read many reviews by people (on this and other new trail and hiking tents) that complained a lot about the "thin floor" on these higher end trail tents. They keep the floor thin to lower the weight. And they sell footprints to protect the floor.

Trail tents, like the Mountainsmith Morrison 2 (MM2) are designed to be carried by hikers--it is a 5 lb tent. It has a thin waterproof (but adequate) floor. The footprint gives some support to the floor, and on this tent,works with the color coded tent system. The dome poles go right into the footprint grommets, and it works with the tent. The footprint is small enough that it fits into the small stuff sack that comes with the tent.

I don't hike, but I needed a tent that was light, easy to put together quickly, and as waterproof as possible. The MM2 is all that.

I was looking over the "big box store" tents today--and most of their rainflies did not even totally cover the windows. Not this tent the rainfly totally covers the tent, and sticks 3 inches at least from all sides.

I did a lot of research on tents, and I was continually surprised to see how many people commented on their tents: "Not waterproof" or "we had problems with leaks". I would think a tent would have a basic condition of staying pretty dry. This one does.

Yes, a tarp might do the same thing, but this works with the tent, and can be maintained with the tent. I totally recommend the tent and this footprint.
on January 5, 2015
What can be said about a tarp? Works great and is so easy to attach with the color coded straps that match up with the Morrison tent.

We were rained on for over 12 hours straight with this tent set up and it worked perfectly keeping any water from coming through the footprint. The size is just a hair smaller than the tent, which works perfect to keep water from getting in between the tarp and the tent.

This is also small and light enough that it fit easily in the pack sack for the Morrison tent.
on January 17, 2014
The Mountainsmith Morrison tent is fantastic, but the floor is rather light and having this footprint will extend the life of the tent floor. I am very glad that I went ahead and got the two together. The color coding of the tent and footprint is a nice plus!
on September 17, 2014
I am giving this footprint 5 star rating because the scaled limits me to that. Outstanding product. I brought this footprint and its matching tent to dirt camping. The footprint for my other tent is from Walmart. The Walmart footprint when packing up to leave had a pound of dirt stuck to its very thin trashbag type material. This thing barely had a layer of fine dust on it. Sweet. The tent also is great!
on January 5, 2014
I purchased this with my tent and am very happy with it so far.
It has been out in three very wet cold evenings and kept the tent floor dry and warm.

I will update the review in a year after it gets more use.
on November 20, 2014
It is plastic, squarish, fits my tent (oddly because that is what it is made for!), and is color coded for easy setup with the tent. Just wish it would carry my pack while hiking then it would be perfect....
on January 24, 2016
Fits the Mountainsmith Morrison 2 person tent very well and is sturdy / strong.

Straps are color coded and match up with the tent which makes things very nice.

Worth the extra money to protect your tent.
on September 15, 2015
Fits my Mountainsmith Morrison 2 tent perfectly. However, the material is the strangest material I have ever seen for a tent footprint. But it will take the brunt of the abuse that your tent floor would otherwise be subject to without it.