Top positive review
326 people found this helpful
I LOVE this mount
on February 14, 2011
Today is June 24, 2016. I bought this mount in January of 2011. FINALLY, one of the pads fell off, and the other is a little too crushed to use, so I have emailed Mountek to see if I can get replacement pads. If not, I will buy another one of these without hesitation.
5-1/2 years, folks! This mount has never given me a moment of trouble. There were a few months when I changed cars with my husband and couldn't use it, because it blocked too much of the dashboard. But other than that, I have been using it non-stop, and it has never loosened, never dropped my phone, never come out of the CD player... it is working just as well as the day I bought it. I recently upgraded to an iPhone 6-plus, and I worried that it might be too big and heavy for the mount. NOPE! Works just as well. I'm sure if I can get new pads, this will look like the day I bought it. If not, as I said, I won't hesitate to shell out $20 for a new one.
- - - - - -
I haven't had this too long, but so far I LOVE it! Here's why:
1. I have an iPhone 4 in a nice thick protective case, and the arms on this mount are angled perfectly, and have a nice cushy foam on them, so they close gently but firmly on the sides. Holds the phone perfectly, which my last mount did not.
2. The mount also has a "foot" that my iPhone sits on, and one feature I didn't see mentioned before is that this foot has a wide hole in it, big enough for the charge cord to fit through! On one of my other mounts, I had to leave the phone pushed up high in the holder, and snake the cord up and around the foot. With this one, as long as I've put my phone in straight, I can just push the cord up through the hole and plug it in, without moving my phone at all.
3. I had a suction cup mount before, which seemed fine - when the weather was warm. I live in NY, and this winter has been cold enough that every time I tried to use the mount, as soon as I touched it, the suction cup fell of my windshield. I couldn't rely on it. It also left suction cup rings on my windshield. This mount is sturdy and firm - it's not going anywhere unless I take it off!
4. I love that it mounts to the radio the way it does. I don't need to play CDs since I have an iPhone, so I don't feel bad blocking the CD slot. The mount blocks the CD controls... but who cares? It is positioned perfectly (at least in my Chrysler Town & Country) right above the radio, where I can easily control my iPod functions, and also use my GPS functions. It turns sideways, tilts back and forth and up and down. Incredibly adaptable. My only concern is how long it will continue to stay tight if I turn it horizontally often (which I don't), so I will update this review if it ever gets loose. It doesn't feel like it will, though.
5. Great price! I've seen fancier, more "advanced" mounts for much more. Don't bother. This mount is perfect, and the price is more than reasonable.
I did lots of research, and almost bought several mounts - dashboard-mounted, cup holder-mounted... thank goodness I found this one before I spent any money. If you have a radio with a CD slot, and your other controls won't be blocked by putting this in, get it. You'll love it!