3,459 Reviews
 (2,082)

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this mount
I haven't had this too long, but so far I LOVE it! Here's why:

1. I have an iPhone 4 in a nice thick protective case, and the arms on this mount are angled perfectly, and have a nice cushy foam on them, so they close gently but firmly on the sides. Holds the phone perfectly, which my last mount did not.

2. The mount also has a "foot" that my iPhone...
Published on February 14, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars ... Road Warrior and I have been searching for the Best Cell Phone Holder for my car - I searched ...
I am a Road Warrior and I have been searching for the Best Cell Phone Holder for my car - I searched out the TOP 8 contenders on Amazon, I purchased them and I have been testing and Rating them One by One.

Now this is my Final of the 8 that I am reviewing and I numbered them 1 - 8 in my reviews........ This one is #8 -or the one I liked the least...
Published 1 month ago by Dana Dericke

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't tighten too much or...., August 8, 2011
I purchased several of these straight from the manufacturer. They are made wll.
My only problem was that annoyiing dance (shake) that they do while driving. I figured it was too loose.
Tightened it up a little more and a week later, I noticed that the front housing on my CD player started cracking.
LuckIly, I caught it before it became worse.

Removed the Mountek and threw it away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about perfect for a MINI, March 18, 2011
Amazon Customer (Mooresville, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 2008 MINI Cooper, and it's just simply the best solution I have found for mounting my phone somewhere useful inside the car. There's not a lot of space to put a phone mount in that car that doesn't significantly reduce visibility (like a big suction cup on the windshield) or block something else useful like vents, speedo, etc.

It fits tightly into the CD slot on the MINI, which made me a little nervous at first, but it locks in place very well and doesn't seem to cause any issues with the CD player. Once in place and tightened, it is absolutely solid. With my phone clamped in, it's slightly more difficult to reach the volume knob for the stereo but that's the only thing even slightly inconvenient about it.

I've got a Samsung Captivate, and after removing the bottom part of the clamp it fits perfectly. I have to clamp it in a little off-center to keep the volume and power buttons from being pressed by the clamp, but it's not a big deal.

So I've got nothing bad to say about this product. It's simply the best way to mount a device in your car without a permanent bracket getting screwed to your dash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mountek CD Slot Mount MT5000-C Works Well with the Prius, October 28, 2011
The Mountek CD Slot Mount MT5000-C seems unusual because it mounts in your CD changer slot. I've been assured that this should cause no damage if installed and used properly. I would caution people not to install it and remove it on a daily basis, though.

The mount slides into the CD slot, you then use a thumb screw to expand the mount slightly inside the CD drive. This is the only mechanism the holds the mount in place. For a cell phone, smart phone, or GPS unit, this is ample support.

The cradle that holds your electronics expands with a button, the wings of the cradle have a rubbery cushion that grips and protects your item in the holder. The unit appears to be designed to hold your device with the power cable at the bottom. The bottom of the cradle has a small slot that would allow a power cable to pass through and plug into your device.

The cradle swivels and rotates, so you can have your device vertical or horizontal, pointed at the driver or the passenger.

For Prius owners, this item works very well with the factory CD player, and keeps your device clear of all radio, AC, and other controls

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for phone but not tablet, October 22, 2012
This review is from: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices (Electronics)
I searched Amazon for a car mount for my Nexus 7 tablet and this came up in the results. I order it and discovered when it arrived that it will not expand wide enough to fit a tablet. I checked the details and it id not mention anything about fitting a tablet. My bad for not reading the description thoroughly. However I'm glad I bought it. It works great for my iphone. I just wish they made a version that fits a 7 inch tablet. It is so much better when using it for GPS. The bigger screen it is a lot easier to read.

1.0 out of 5 stars does not stay mounted, July 30, 2013
Shelley Torres (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I think most cd players these days have a slight curve to the entrance of the CD slot (at least mine does)....this means that the devices just slowly slips out and falls off over and over. I opened it as wide as I could without being concerned about cracking my car but it still slipped out every time. I think the idea is a good one, just needs better constrution or a longer insert part into the CD slot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs adjustment for iPhone 5 headphone cable, December 25, 2012
[See 4 month update at end.]

Love the product, but before I could use with my iPhone 5, had to make several adjustments, hence the 4 stars.

First there are the 2 foam inserts, which presumably were left out to avoid the side brackets from pushing side controls on some devices. Since iPhone 5 doesn't have side controls in the bottom, I stuck the inserts back in.

Now the big surgery. See pictures for what this looks like afterwards. The bottom bracket would block my stubby headphone cable, which I use to connect the phone to my car's auxiliary jack (I don't have USB on my 2008 car). A popular solution is to detach the bottom bracket, but I didn't like that because then you are relying only the side brackets. Sometimes if you're in a hurry then you might not squeeze the sides all the way tight, and the phone might drop out.

Thanks to another reviewer's tip, I was able to adjust this to fit perfectly, so I wanted to share how to do this:

1. Remove 4 screws from back. Carefully open case. Small parts may come flying out because of the springloaded mechanism inside, so work on a nice cleared surface.
2. Adjust side brackets so that left one extends out more, i.e., the whole thing is shifted to the left.
3. Carefully reassemble, making sure the spring fits into its recessed groove, the 3 sprockets are rotating properly, the catch lever clicks into the right sprocket, and the top button sits on top. This is the trickiest part, as the whole thing is springloaded and wants to pop apart in every direction. WIth some patience, I was able to tuck it all back together.

When you're done, the side brackets will appear displaced to the left a little, which is perfect for allowing any size headphone cable to fit. The small Lightning connector will still fit through the middle hole in the bottom bracket as before.

Again, you can see the "after" pictures in the customer pictures area.

UPDATE: 4 months later, this is still working great. The whole mount got really loose and would roll sideways, but then I realized I just had to tighten the nut on the back. I use the mount every day and I'm still very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works and works well!, November 27, 2011
I'd been looking for a way to mount my Samsung Galaxy S2 in my car. Suction cup...no. Ripping my dash apart and drilling...no. Then I happened upon the Mountek CD mount. It's just perfect. I have never used my CD player in my car, so I was happy to be able to use it for something. It does cover my radio when I install it with the insert up, but I have volume and channel controls on my steering wheel, so it's not a problem. I can install it with the insert down, but it raises the phone up too much for my comfort and, you can't rotate it down as much when it's in this position. It does have an adjustment screw (use a penny to unscrew it) to adjust the rotation, but I haven't played with that yet. Because it's in my CD player, I can easily reach it if I have to but, I find with Vlingo and my a2dp BT headset, I don't have to touch it.

It takes, literally, 10 seconds to install it and it's secure. The phone doesn't shake, vibrate or move at all. It's solidly installed and just absolutely perfect. It's easy to take off and take with me when I change cars. It's made well and appears to be quite sturdy. It adjusts to fit any phone. I keep my Galaxy S2 off center a little to keep the volume and power buttons free. I plug it into the sound port and power port in my dash and it works fine. The wires are a little much, so I'll wrap those.

I wish I had stock in this company. Do yourself a favor. Get the best car mount for your cell phone you'll ever find. It's wonderful to buy something that actually works out of the gate and have it work so perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a CD Slot Mount, April 18, 2011
What's so great about this mount is that it fits not only the CD slot, but also the gaps on the dashboard. I've installed the mount within 2 minutes on my WRX. Technically it only took a few secods to install as most of the time was spent on finding the slot to preserve my mp3-CD player slot. It fits perfectly in the gap right on top of the CD player without blocking the retractable cup-holder! lol yey! Another point worth mentioning is that the thumb screw tightener makes it really easy to install and remove when needed. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST Perfect, October 7, 2011
This is a GREAT product. The ingenuity of the design is second-to-none. I use it in one of the cracks in my dashboard and it's not blocking anything. It is sturdy, and the phone doesn't shake or feel like it's going to slip out.

Reasons for 4 star instead of 5: It's nearly impossible to put something in this with one hand, especially with the bottom shelf taken off (which most people with large screen cell phones will almost definitely do). So, it's a two-handed operation...I can live with it. Also, a little tough to pop it open with the button on the back sometimes, but I think that's just a product of it's strong holding arms. Secondly, you have to clamp the arms down pretty tight to get a good hold, which it does then provide, but it's got to be squeezed ALL the way down for my phone to not move around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty smart idea, May 19, 2011
My car: 2011 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition

Very good idea, especially for my driving style. The power outlets in my car are in an inconvenient location for those plug-in charging stands and in the FL heat, I don't want those clip-on vent mounts obstructing much needed cool air when I get in my car. I don't really use my CD player, so this is a convenient mount for me. It blocks my A/C controls, but with auto-climate control, that's not an issue. My only gripe is that the tilt adjustment is very limited. The CD slot in my car sits a little low, and it's almost to that point where my iPhone 4 screen is unreadable because the tilt adjustment can't tilt the phone high enough.