Move Battle Rifle for PS3
Price:$39.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 10, 2010
Verified Purchase
This is my 3rd attempt at move guns. I started with the precision shot (pistol with nav attachment in front) that you can find here or in stores. That ones ok, don't have any complaints it's a solid pistol/smg. The next was the move submachine gun which is the tan one with the scope. Not the least bit satisfied with that one, I think it's cheaply made, flimsy, and not well designed, and you end up using the front trigger most of the time instead of the back trigger. Then I purchased this as my 3rd and it is by far my favorite.

As advertised, it has many different configurations so you can use it as an m16ish rifle, a smg, or a pistol, and maybe 1 or 2 other variations. I enjoyed the feel of each configuration, they are all good options and it's fun and easy to slide parts on and off. It isn't indestructable but it feels sturdy enough. Some key things you may be interested to know..

pros
-the trigger operates the move controller trigger, so it works great for most games out now
-It has buttons on the side that operate the nav triggers, you can use your left/front hand to hit those
-It is comfortable and fairly natural feeling to hold with your front hand at the end with a thumb on top to hit the move controller buttons, and has start and select buttons built into the gun, so it gives the best access I've seen to every button on both the move and nav
-It's just fun to play with and feels good to hold, and you can feel some subtle vibration when firing which is good

cons
-If you have small hands like I do, it feels like the trigger is a tiny bit too far away.. but it wasn't enough to detract from my gaming experience

In conclusion, this is my favorite gun out of the 3 that I have ordered. Don't bother with the other ones, just get 2 or 3 of these. If you want variety the precision shot pistol is a good gun, but avoid the tan submachine gun it is crap.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 3, 2010
Verified Purchase
Even though this is slightly pricer than most other PS move gun attachment, it is worth every penny if you want to have the arcade shooter feel at home. The major advantage is its lighweight 4-part break-away design that can give you options for the pistol, UZI/Guncon, short AK47, Pulse cannon and M-16 looks and feels.

So far I enjoy the enhanced arcade-like experience in Time Crisis Razing Storm and The Shoot with this PS move gun attachment.

With the Move Navigation Controller integrated in the grip, Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2011 and Resident Evil 5 Move Ed. work wonderful as well. The only kink is the tip would need removed, in order for the PS eye to be able to detect the Move controller in Cabelas's 2011.

In terms of workmanship, the grip cover is prone to fall off easily if you don't have a navigation controller in place. On my unit, the lose plastic inside was making the rattling noise when I shaked it. Other than that, for the price of $30, the quality is considered fair.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 9, 2010
Ok so I posted my video review of the Battle Rifle

[EDIT: sorry i cant post the video because the file is to large or the link to it because amazon wont let me but you can search for it on a popular video hosting site that apparently i am not aloud to name. you can find it if you search for "Playstaion move battle rifle"]

but just in case you cant find it here are the cliff notes:

Pros:
-Sturdy
-Doesnt look like a dollar store ball shooter
-Access to all buttons.
-Customizable looks with snap on Mag clip, Stock, Orange stick
-Calibrates just as well with almost every game.
-The Start and Select buttons are actually easier to access with the gun.

Cons:
-Access to all the buttons can be somewhat tricky (especially going back and forth between L1, L2, and the face buttons on the move controller)
-sliding plate that holds navi control is a bit loose sometimes.

finally, a few note worthy comments. i decided to leave these out of the review because its really not the guns fault, but they still are issues you might find. There is a drift in the calibration if you move the move wand to fast. i have heard a number of different reasons from the hardware causing it to the games themselves. you most likely will find yourself re calibrating the gun a few times. i heard there is a patch in the works from sony to fix this, but its something i suggest you google if you are having some real issues with it. Next is the control mapping. the gun is really only as good as the control scheme for it. please keep this in mind before buying the gun. the trigger to the gun is only for the T button on the move control so if some games decide to switch things up this gun, as well as most guns will be kinda useless.

other then that its my favorite gun for the playstation move which is saying a lot since i didnt think i would like it. im also getting the sub machine gun from CTA and i will do a review for that too, but for right now im probably keeping this as my main gun accessory for the Playstation Move.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 31, 2010
Verified Purchase
I bought this gun with high hopes. I figured it was the first move accessory to use the moves ext to assign the buttons. This
is not the case. I had gotten used to playing shooters like MAG with the move and the controllers switch in this setup for right handed players. This makes the learning curve very long. For right handed players the move navigation controller should be a front grip. If you are a lefty this is the gun for you. Even as a righty the gun isn't bad, especially if you haven't learned how to play with the move already. It is possible to get used to. This gun is adequate to hold you over until the official playstation rifle comes with Killzone 3 in February. The official one will have the Nav on the front grip, take advantage of the moves ext and have programmable buttons. On a side not my barrel is loose and will not attach properly. My friend who also purchased this did not have this problem.
on December 9, 2010
Just got one as a gift.

First thought:
When I opened the box and started putting the assault weapon together, first thing that crossed my mind was "the epitome of cheap", it's VERY light weight. Maybe I'm just used to real guns.

Grip Cover:
Like the other reviewer stated, without the navigation controller mounted, and using the slip on grip cover, that cover tends to slide off easily. You can use it without the grip cover and nav controller, but the plastic edges on the grip will then be a little uncomfortable on your palm. My hand is medium size, the grip feels a little big, but the nav controller fits into it perfectly without falling off.

Barrel:
It installs by pushing and snapping it into place. Looks like if you are going a little crazy playing whatever game and hit your game buddy on the head with it by accident, it may break off easily.

Game play:
The only game I was able to try it with was "The Shoot". During certain parts of the game, you are supposed to swing the move controller 360 degrees to activate a certain power feature to put the enemies in to slow motion. No matter how much I swung the gun (barrel not installed), it would not activate the feature. I kept swinging and swinging, until the Move controller went flying out of the gun and hit my wife on the head and her yelling at me. So, I tried the same move with the controller, without the gun, and it works every time, so that problem has something to do with the gun. For the other parts of the game, especially when it comes to aiming, it definitely makes aiming a whole lot easier, with the stock against your shoulder, compared to just using the move controller by itself.

Stock:
I'm 5' 8", with the stock against my shoulder, the stock feels a bit short.

Trigger:
It pulls the trigger on the move controller, and works without flaws every time.

Conclusion:
Yes, the gun feels cheap. But, considering the other guns on the market that I've read about, this one seems to be the best option so far. Plus, what does one expect for $30. I'm sure most people will find this fun to use, too bad there aren't enough games out there yet, that uses the move and nav controllers. This gun does what it is supposed to do, for the most part.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 20, 2010
All these ps3 guns have the same potential issue. If you want to jump you would have to take your thumb off of the stick to hit X or whatever button to jump. Reload the time it takes your left hand to go to the top of the gun to hit that button is a second too long when it comes to fast paced serious MAG or Call of duty black ops gaming.

Now we come to the #1 issue I find MELEE... A D3 ps3 gamepad user has a major edge on you with a quick click you don't have a chance with this thing.

So if you are serious about gaming take all these into consideration. Overall I like the idea of a gun but they need a serious gamers view on this. Till these companies adjust it I don't see it taking off. Maybe a Palm R3 trigger something so you can ENGAGE the melee in close quarter combat situations.

More reviews of products like this on TEAMGOD.net
on June 13, 2011
Verified Purchase
First let me start by saying that out of all of the assesories that allow you to use the PS Move controller while playing a First Person Shooter (FPS)this is by far the worst that I have seen. You will be constantly annoyed by the warning that the Move controller is no longer visible to the camera because the barrel of the rifle abstructs the Move's ball controller from view of the camera. Also unlike the PS Sharpshooter you will find yourself constantly have to reposition the rifle to press triangle or Square buttons which will be located on the Move controller near the top front of the rifle.
on December 10, 2010
Verified Purchase
It seems that quite a bit of design work went into this rifle, with all covered buttons on both the main controller & the Navigator accessible. So I'm surprised that the manufacturer did not design a better way to use the gun without the Navigator. After all, the Navigator is not always needed, and its functions can be replicated on a standard controller.

Without a Navigator controller installed, there is a large, empty space on the grip, and the revealed plastic edges are sharp and uncomfortable. In fact, I would almost say it's unusable in this mode. I don't understand why ICON did not include a design that would work without the Navigator installed. Without the Navigator, a replacement grip could have been made smaller and more comfortable to hold.

Besides this major issue, the rifle does make PS3 shooting games much more enjoyable, as long as you don't cut yourself on the grip!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 18, 2011
Verified Purchase
L2 and L1 buttons hard to press, or do not work at all. Very good idea, love how everything is modular. Buttons on move controller should have been remapped to the side of the gun. Everything is spaced too far apart to be convenient.
on January 2, 2011
Verified Purchase
The trigger broke off the slide mechanism in less then a week of use. Cover on the handle always slid off during play and ended up being taped to it. I would not replace it since the trigger design causes the plastic to quickly fatigue.

See 1 answered question