5.0 out of 5 stars WMMC + Atlas Shrugged = I Moved Your Cheese
Published on October 5, 2011 by Marc Effron

3.0 out of 5 stars Who Moved My Cheese is Better
Published on September 6, 2011 by mannmann

3.0 out of 5 stars Who Moved My Cheese is Better, September 6, 2011
Notably, this book is written by an acclaimed Harvard professor with a long track record of teaching world-beater MBAs. In this connection, "I Moved Your Cheese" is excellent for those with an independent bent and a long-term view. It doesn't replace or vitiate "WMMC," though. For those in lower or middle management, staff or administrative positions, or those in pending or imminent risk of being displaced or eliminated, WMMC is a better paradigm for understanding and leveraging the concept of change. In the abstract, it's great to suffuse oneself with an attitude of a world beater (as espoused in "IMYC"), but in these perilous times where the world indeed IS a maze, WMMC is more practical and comforting. If you are extraordinarily talented and/or are well-positioned in a cushy job and/or have a Harvard MBA, then by all means read and adopt the mentality advocated by this book--you will continue to go far and may be the CEO of a Fortune 500 corporation some day. If, on the other hand, you work for a company and are one of the humble, hard-working millions whose lives have been disrupted by the ongoing recession/contraction and whose very economic existence hangs by a thread, you'll find WMMC more worth your while. IMYC will probably give you a temporary mood boost...but WMMC will give you the nimble and adaptive attitude necessary to survive in these perilous times. Just my opinion. As Sun Tzu said, "invincibility lies in oneself...vincibility lies in one's opponent." In other words, play good defense, anticipate change, and move when opportunity presents itself--just as WMMC teaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars WMMC + Atlas Shrugged = I Moved Your Cheese, October 5, 2011
Marc Effron (Center of the World, NYC) - See all my reviews
Malhorta works a bit of magic in this book by looking at the WWMC lessons through the lenses of self-reliance, innovation and perseverance. His message is an uplifting one -- stop letting others define your life and stop living within the artificial boundaries set by others for you. Where WWMC was a pean to accepting the change around you, IMYC suggests that we have the (admittedly risky) option to simply create our own maze or ignore altogether that mazes even exist. It's a miniature manifesto for motivated mice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good message--good start--poor ending, October 17, 2011
Good message and great beginning, but lost its focus at the end. Certainly the overall message that one should not simply accept current constraints as unalterable givens is an excellent one. It was, however, an overall disappointment compared to Johnson's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three different options, February 12, 2012
C. Jarvis (Rochester, NH United States) - See all my reviews
Although we always try to approach life with an open mind, a book like this reminds us that we all have our blinders and pre-conceived notions.

The three mice also remind us that there are different motivations and different ways to break through to new levels of understanding. Often we only hear the author's view of the "right" way; this book reminds us that instead of changing, we should enhance the use of own strengths to achieve our goals.

5.0 out of 5 stars I moved your cheese, September 4, 2011
An excellent book and a must read. A fable, the story of Max, Zed, and Big, three mice, easy to read but carrying a strong message.

After "Negotiation Genius" this book covers quite a different area but with one theme in common: how can you challenge traditional thinking schemes and how can you change the game, strategically but also on an operational level. The great thing about Professor Malhotra's book is that the message is not only valid for business people but for everybody.

In summary: "For all the ones who do not accept the given boundries in (business)life, and for the ones who have done so far, to encourage them to challenge traditional thinking and perceived boundries."

3.0 out of 5 stars Read This Book and Find That WMMC is Better, March 31, 2012
JongBali (Dayton, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
Who Moved My Cheese is more inspiring than this book. The story in this book is not so easy to follow and not as fun and inspiring as Who Moved My Cheese. What then happen to Max, Zed and Big? Are they really happier now? I am not sure..because they still look confused..
Who Moved My Cheese is a lot better. It is short, simple and full of inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Read, September 20, 2011
I Moved Your Cheese (IMYC) is a business fable that rebuts the message of the bestseller Who Moved My Cheese? (WMMC) by Spencer Johnson. While WMMC exhorts you to get out of denial, accept change and adapt to it, Malhotra's IMYC goes to deeper questions. Without departing from his characteristic wit and humor, Malhotra encourages reflection. This book is a must-read for entrepreneurs. The author suggests specific questions for organizations, which will help them see the old in new ways. Those interested in talent management will find this book a great asset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read for Today's World, August 24, 2011
Here is what I liked about this book. We live in a world where the level of volatility is high and trending up. This book offers a way to think about this volatility for your own life. Yes, it is good to be flexible and go with the flow. But it is also important to use critical thinking skills to understand what is making this volatility and adjust your own plans so you are in charge of your own destiny. Best of all you can read it in 1-2 hours.

As an aside my 9 year old picked it up and thought it was great. Accessible with a real moral to the story.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment, April 22, 2012
I confess I bought this as a Kindle download, as much to test out the Kindle, as to sample the delights of the book. It is however a subject I am very interested in, and I am always keen to explore different ways of looking at motivation, drive and self discipline, so I attacked this book with an open mind. By the end however, I was rather disappointed, as it doesn't reveal anything new, and I found the mouse metaphore rather patronising after a while. I think there are many books which are more informative, and more inspirational, and I would not recommend this book unless you are looking for a simple and elementary introduction to the concept of 'thinking outside the box'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, such a small book with such a big message., August 30, 2011
MARY L STALLCUP (MEDFORD, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I read this book in an hour but the message it leaves you with, and the questions it asks will consume many more. I recommend this to anyone that has done the same job for many years and worked with the same people for many years. You will be motivated to take a deeper look at the job you think you are doing and how you could be doing it better.

I Moved Your Cheese: For Those Who Refuse to Live as Mice in Someone Else's Maze
$14.95 $9.86