"This excellent book contains many different scripts, applicable to a number of special populations. It takes a practical approach and walks therapists step-by-step through the EMDR therapeutic process. [Readers] will not be disappointed." Score:93, 4 stars
Praise from a practicing EMDR therapist and user of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Scripted Protocols:
"Kudos to...everyone who contributed to this important volume....[It] is an indispensable resource. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
--Andrea B. Goldberg, LCSW
EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist
Bloomfield and Newark, NJ
This book outlines some of the basic elements of the 11-Step Standard Procedure of EMDR and the Standard Three-Pronged EMDR Protocol. Unlike other EMDR books, however, this book focuses on applying EMDR scripted protocols to special populations.
Special populations discussed include children, adolescents, couples, and clients suffering from complex posttraumatic stress disorder, dissociative disorders, anxiety, addictive behaviors, and severe pain. This is a volume rich in wisdom and insight that every EMDR clinician working with special populations will need in his or her collection.
Key topics include:
- EMDR preparation, assessment, and desensitization phases for children
- Integrating EMDR into couples therapy
- EMDR protocol for treating sexual dysfunction
- EMDR-informed treatment approaches for dissociative disorders
- Clearing the pain of unrequited love with EMDR
- An EMDR approach to treating substance abuse and addiction
- EMDR for pain patients
- Self-care for EMDR practitioners