Customer Discussions > The Help forum

Movie vs book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2011 7:59:29 PM PDT
Mary Hannon says:
I've been fortunate to attend two previews of the movie which comes out August 10th. Today I was asked which I liked best, movie or book. For the first time I have to say it's a toss up. That isn't usually the case. Yes, the movie is two hours and seventeen minutes long. It never lags. A couple of things were left out, but that's okay. Everything included is necessary. I love all the characters even Hilly!

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 12:04:44 PM PDT
JD says:
I like the book better. The movie was good too, ties in well with the book overall although the movie's ending was a little flat compared to the book. It was definitely worth the watch.

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 11:02:28 AM PDT
Dody says:
I loved the book and loved the movie. I thought the movie was true to the book and I haven't seen that too often.

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 11:43:02 AM PDT
As I was reading this book I noticed the book was almost like a movie script.

Perhaps that why both the movie and book are similar?

Will see the movie this week! Can't wait.

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 11:56:15 PM PDT
Big Mama 4 says:
I read the book and just seen the movie and I have to say I loved both!! Movie was very true to the book and the actors chosen for the parts were outstanding!!This is bound to win major awards.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 9:40:20 AM PDT
I have now seen the movie three times (invitations that I couldn't turn down). Loved it every time tho. I am now reading the book. Have to agree with Mary that I loved both. They are a little different, but both are great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Help forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Help
The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Paperback - June 28, 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (8,421)