Customer Discussions > Superbad forum

Movies like "Superbad" raising the bar for all new comedies to come?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2007 11:07:48 AM PST
A. Loeber says:
I loved "Superbad", I actually liked it a little better than "knocked up" AND "40 year old virgin". The movies by these up and coming directors/writers are getting better, and better. This is great news for the movie fan. FINALLY.... comedies that are worth a damn! I hope many great ones follow. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2007 9:11:53 AM PST
Art Vandelay says:
If you think this was a great movie then you got serious problems. There was nothing remotely funny about this movie. 40 year old virgin was great but this was crap. Let's all hope this is not a trend of things to come

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2007 12:53:29 AM PST
RML76 says:
Thank you. This was absolutely embarrassingly bad. I ALMOST laughed 1 time. Almost. Just a pathectic movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2008 5:52:58 PM PST
Mike EB says:
The movie had potential but too much vulgar language really ruined it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2008 2:12:53 PM PST
Jason says:
Anyone who didn't laugh during this movie has some serious issues. Lighten up, Francis.

True, it was vulgar, but there were tons of moments that were very funny to even a lover of non-crass humor. The cop scenes, the liquor store scene, the party scenes...all had several comedic moments, some of which were downright hilarious.

Just ignore the F-bombs and look for the humor; it's there, but you were too busy getting offended.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2008 9:38:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 5, 2012 2:06:26 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2008 8:26:58 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Oct 30, 2008 8:46:54 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2008 9:44:48 PM PST
Adrian says:
I loved it too. Almost completely, from beginning to end...!

4.5 stars. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2008 9:55:04 PM PST
Adrian says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2008 1:21:17 AM PDT
dude anais what made the movie so funny was the fact that the 3 main characters WERE so realistic and as for harming the young people of today well thats just plain stupid. but anyways awesome movie . final note to all u people out there trying to psycoanalyze a movie , DONT!!!!! ITS JUST A FREAKING MOVIE!!!!! ITS NOT REAL LIFE

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2008 4:01:04 PM PDT
First off, Judd Apatow is the most overrated man out their today. And second, Superbad is about as funny as watching a PG rated Showgirls. The only way it generates laughs are through swearing, sex, or weed, sometimes a combination of the three.Cause lets be honest, who really swears seven times in just one sentance?

And thirdly, Apatow's movies run twenty minutes to long. I mean, how much pot smoking, F-bomb dropping, sex refrenceing, d*** jokes, and beer guzzling can we watch before becoming extremly annoyed?

Whoever agrees with me that Judd Apatow is overrated, raise your hand.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2008 1:58:35 PM PDT
A customer says:
A. Loeber,

I agree with you that Superbad is a funny, sweet movie. Raunchy, yes, but the characters are so believable and vulnerable that it works. As far as "gross-out" comedies go, I think this might be the only one I've ever liked completely, and I'm not sure I would even classify it as gross-out.

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 7:34:35 PM PST
L. Cheng says:
Superbad is one of the best raunchy comedies ever made!

5-stars!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Superbad forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions