Movies on Zune HD For me I'm really interested in movies on the go...will this device support movies, from what services, and has anyone watched movies on this yet? Can I buy them from the Zune store? Thanks
asked by Sean P. on October 26, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
votes
Microsoft's Zune does not support Microsoft Windows Media DRM and so does not play Digital Copy movies for portable devices provided by Warner Brothers and other studios. Digital Copy is supported on Windows Media DRM compatible portable video devices (e.g. PlaysForSure™ certified devices) only. Not Zune HD. I purchased a Zune HD 32 GB and a Blu-ray disc of The Dark Knight which included a digital copy of the movie for portable devices. It won't play on Zune HD! Make sure Zune will support the format you intend to use and know that there are a lot of formats that it won't play.
Uplandiam answered on October 27, 2009

A
vote
Probably a dumb question but I wanted to be clear on something. Say I own a DVD and want to put a copy of the video on the zune hd. Can I rip
Bratboy answered on November 21, 2009

A
vote
Sure, if you have software that will rip DVDs into a format supported by zune it will play. It's just the Digital Copy of the movie that comes from the studio with some Blu-ray and DVDs that won't play on the zune platform. Zune isn't DRM PlaysForSure certified. Ripping DVDs becomes a huge pain, especially when the studio includes a Digital Copy of the movie with the DVD or Blu-ray.
Uplandiam answered on November 21, 2009

A
vote
How can I tell if movies have DRM or not before I download them so that I can play for things that I pay for?
CharlieBrown answered on April 6, 2011

A
votes
Yes, the zune hd supports wmv and mpeg movie formats. Video on the device is truly top of the line and a great experience, and it also supports HD video out with either the zune sync dock or an xbox 360. The zune store has movies, although the selection is pretty weak right now. Also, in november you will be able to purchase videos via xbox live and download them to the zune hd, a computer, or the xbox 360 itself. I expect them to add a netflix mobile app in the future, allowing instant access to the netflix "watch instantly" library with a membership, though this is pure speculation.
Evan M. Tirrell answered on October 27, 2009

A
votes
ALL movies that include "Digital Copy" have that copy DRM'ed. You CANNOT EVER play them on a Zune. Go Go Microsoft jacktards. *sigh* - What you need to do is get DVD/BluRay ripping software and make your own digital copy. Personally, I use CuCuSoft, but there are a bunch of them out there.
Amazon Customer answered on August 18, 2011

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 27, 2009 11:39:29 PM PDT]

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 27, 2009 11:39:42 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›