1,275 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start...
I'm still waiting for someone to invent the PERFECT sports bra for booby runners, but in the meantime, the Fiona should be a go-to sports bra for all women runners with a C cup and bigger.

Published on December 27, 2009 by Carhuazina

Published on September 12, 2009 by searching for new projection clock

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start..., December 27, 2009
Carhuazina (East Coast, USA) - See all my reviews

I have worked at a running store for two years, have been a runner for nearly a decade and have never been smaller than a DDD cup (although cup sizes are hard to quote because there does not seem to be one standard system- F, E, G, DDD- they all seem to be used interchangeably depending where you are). It seems that most women are drawn to the traditional racerback style (because that's what everyone thinks of as a "sports bra"), but that design just does not work for us big-chested women. I'm always amused by booby women who dismiss the Fiona or Maia because the the hooks are "too annoying." More annoying than an hour of your boobs flying in every direction (not to mention the pain)? Granted, the Fiona does not look as sexy as those Champion bras that work perfectly with a racerback tank top, but you know what's even less sexy? Saggy boobs at age 30. I know, it makes me angry too- it's just not fair. Don't you wish those A-cup women who complain about small breasts could try just ONCE running with what we've got? Nevertheless, we're in this together and luckily we're getting closer to something that can totally support us.

I've run with the Maia, Fiona, and Helena (I won't even bother with the Dori- great bra, but not for my size). Although the Maia looks as though it's far more technical than the Fiona, it just doesn't compress my chest enough to be supportive. The Helena is fine but I can't get the sweat smell out when I wash it. Almost all women customers who go into the dressing room with an armful of heavy duty bras (including the totally overrated, Oprah-endorsed Enell) leave the store with the Fiona. No joke.

However, as I noted earlier, it's not perfect. I suggest going down in size (either in width or cup size) to get a little extra compression. I always wear a sports tank with a built-in shelf bra over the Fiona. It's like a bra and a half, rather than two bulky bras (which of course I've done for years). This will create the needed support to keep that chest tissue from stretching too much.

Most importantly, however, I recommend finding a local running store and trying on a bunch, including the Fiona. Fiddle around with the size- go down until it's too tight to wear. Sports bras are like running shoes- the only way to tell if it's going to work is to put it on your OWN body. Support the running store (if you like the service) and buy your first bra(s) there, and then buy online if you want once you find the right bra for YOU.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better than expected!, February 5, 2009
As a runner who wears a 32DD bra I'm always on the hunt for a comfortable yet supportive athletic bra. My favorite brand is pretty expensive so I thought I would try another that seem to get great reviews. When I received my Moving Comfort Fiona bra I did not have high hopes that it would live up to my expectations. The bra did not look or feel like it would do it's job but I decided to give it a try. Much to my surprise, the bra did exactly what it claims to do. I had great support with little movement and I did not feel like my lungs were being constricted by the band. I love that the bra does not need to be pulled over your head (traditional band with hooks) and that the straps are adjustable. The straps do tend to be on the thick side which could bother people that don't like their bra to show through their shirts and you always get a bit of a uni-boob but if you can get past those "problems", it's a great choice for runners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big girls Sports Bra, March 24, 2008
I am a big 40DD, and i work as a dog walker, so i do a lot of running about all day. I read all the reviews on several different bras and have had champion bras before, but nothing compares to the comfort of this bra, i can wear all day and it doesn't "bite" anywhere, no wire to break or poke you and it holds my large 'stuff' still so i can run and play without any pain or discomfort. I brought 2 and will be buying more. We are going on vacation and i know that i will be well covered in this very comfortable and fast drying bra. I have told all my friends that are big busted but active like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST RUNNING BRA EVER, June 14, 2006
I am large chested (38 C/D) and have been running my whole life. I finally found the best running bra! The band is adjustable to 3 different lengths. I bought a 36 C to really keep "locked and loaded". The shoulder straps are adjustable from the front. You don't have to take off the bra to tighten it up. The velcro straps stay secure so you don't end up with chaffing. Love, love, love this bra!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works for larger cup sizes!, May 1, 2009
User425 (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
First best - What is best about this bra is that it holds you still.
Next best - The velcro straps adjust in front so it can be easily adusted.
Last best - 3 hook closure in back so no uncomfortable struggle to pull a tight sports bra over "the girls".

Caution: Washing instructions say not to use fabric softener, but if you do, then over time the velcro will stop holding as well. Then it takes many washings to get them to work properly again. So don't use fabric softener.

4.0 out of 5 stars High-impact support, October 9, 2009
This bra does offer a great deal of support for the active exerciser. I was unsure of sizing, so I got a C-cup for my normally B to C-cup frame. The 3-hook back closure fit snugly and the adjustable straps made up for my over-compensating in size--the was NO movement on my first workout after getting this sport bra.

Another reviewer mentioned that the back began to curl up on her "Fiona Bra", same here. I suggest for anyone experiencing this problem , adjust the back hook to the next loosest setting. I think the curling may have happened from too much pulling. The adjustment made a difference for me.

Bottom line, this sport bra is comfortable (if not very cute), and keeps the movement to a minimum when I work out. I'd recommend it for anyone with a cup size of B,C,D.

5.0 out of 5 stars so comfortable!!, July 15, 2009
As an overweight 44D that started doing at least 60 minutes of exercise a day about 2 months ago I was very dissatisfied with the support/anti-bounce the sports bras I had were providing me.

Then I stumbled on to the Fiona. This is an amazingly comfortable, supportive bra. The velcro straps are sturdy, comfortable and very easy to adjust. The band is non-binding and (repetitively) very comfortable.

I've purchased 2 of these, white and black, and definitely plan on purchasing more in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Big Chests, July 7, 2009
I've been overweight (with large breasts) and active my whole life and no sports bra has worked like this bra. It still gives a uniboob look but when you are big chested this should be the least of your worries. It's comfortable and most of all very supportive no matter the activity level. Well worth the price and seems to sustain the amount of support after numerous wearings/washings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough thickness in the front to prevent nipple show through, September 12, 2009
The moving comfort Fiona bra would have been met my needs had it had truly molded cups like Hind (Saucony motion) or Under Armour--it lacks suppression cups and the thin fabric coverage caused nipple show through and rub so it really is not useable for running for me--fine for yoga but not for other sports. It is supportive but the hooks in the back are difficult to do even when the bra hooks are done up front so this one went back. Instead I purchased the Under Armour Endure zip front in D cup (comes in S,M,L with D cup), which though runs a little small, provides good support, easy removability (a plus after a good workout). I loved it so much that I bought several of these. I wish bra manufacturers would add some color and ease of removability to the sports bra selection. I am sick of the black or white options. The colored sports bras usually are less supportive and pull off variety. Hind made some excellent ones but Saucony has gone back to black and white.

I rated this low because of 1) insufficent fabric for good nipple coverage and comfort up front; 2) difficult to hook when compared to other bras with back hooks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent "full figure" support, June 3, 2011
Mrs Hig "seabeewife" (wherever we get stationed) - See all my reviews
Just got this today and was hesitant due to kind of mixed reviews. Took it out for a 2 mile run and felt fabulous! First time I have invested in a non-box store running bra and this was the best investment I've made. I love the Sky blue color and it fits spot on. As a DD cup, I don't expect to be locked down, nor would I want to, but I was able to run on a military base and not feel like the barracks eyes were watching. Movement is minimal and non distracting. I am training for my first half marathon and this is the first step toward my new PR!

As a complete aside, as a nursing mom, I kind of like the velcro strap adjustment in front as I was able to nurse right before I ran!

Edit 30 days in... I have had this for over a month now, and the band at the bottom rolls EVERY time I wear it. It has not been dried in the dryer and I wash in cold water. I think it is just the way it is made, and unfortunately, I have reduced this to 3 stars because of the roll. It doesn't chafe, but it has become annoying when I run. For the price, I think it should last longer than a month before it starts showing "age" even with regular use.

I bought the Champion Women's Spot Comfort Full Support Bra and it was the one I chose when it was time to run the half marathon. I found it to be a better fit overall.

Moving Comfort Women's Fiona Bra,Black,40D