Most helpful positive review
64 of 65 people found the following review helpful
Fantastic high impact bra!
on April 27, 2012
I bought this bra in a black 34B, so this review is based on that size.
I'm into high-impact sports. Running, horseback riding, martial arts, plyometric training with lots of jumping.. You name it, I do it. I've gone through so many bras in the past few years, looking for ones that hold the girls down, yet keep them looking something like boobs, and not pancakes. This bra is the closest I've come to a "perfect" bra, in terms of good compression and encapsulation.
Few things I really like:
1) It actually does a great job of giving shape. I've had bras in the past that held everything down, but it got this squished, odd sort of look that was not flattering under any shirt. This bra actually gives some shape, so you could wear it under anything, and still look like you've got boobs and not two wilting pancakes on your chest look. Awesome.
2) The impact resistance is great. I've taken this bra out on some long runs, and the girls did not move. The material for the band beneath is thick and sturdy, yet not overly tight, so you get a really good sense of control and stability.
3) I liked the fact that the band underneath is adjustable, like a regular bra, with clasps. It keeps the elastic from wearing down from being too tight, and makes the overall fit much more individual.
4) The straps and razorback design are VERY comfortable on the shoulders, and the open mesh in the back wicks away moisture pretty well. I seriously felt like I wasn't wearing a bra at all, and that hasn't happened with a sports bra in a loooooong time. Actually, ever, I think.
1) The material in the front which does so well with holding things in and giving shape is a bit thick. Which on hot days and long runs, can leave a lot of sweat going on up front. Not that big of a deal, but in the more extreme heat, I've found I've had little rivers going on in there.
2) The material in the front tends to ride down, which, if you have "armpit fat" (or any fat that hangs out above your boobs near the sides of your arms, which doesn't have to be a lot), means that you can end up looking a bit odd, since the material will slide down and push the fat up. It doesn't both me while I'm running, because I don't notice, but whenever I'm done, I look in the mirror and go "Damn, I didn't realize I had that much fat there." For women who don't have that issue, ignore this, but I've always had that issue with every bra, so I figured I'd mention it for the few others out there who might also suffer that dreaded "armpit fat" thing.
Other than the little things, this is a GREAT bra for high-impact sports. I actually wish I could buy several more, but I'll have to wait a bit until I have more money. Seriously recommend these. Buy one. Now.