Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:13 Mins
Having a camera grip may not be the first thing you think of as a useful accessory, but for video enthusiasts it is a very inexpensive yet extremely helpful tool to have.

Published 12 months ago by M. Erb

Published 2 months ago by Brian Ragle

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera grip alows you to get otherwise difficults shots and smoother pans, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Movo Photo Heavy Duty & Super Sturdy Action Stabilizing Video Handle Grip for Most Cameras (Black) (Electronics)
Length:: 2:13 Mins

By using this camera grip with your camcorder, GoPro, small DSLR, or even a vido enabled point and shoot camera, you will be able to get smoother pans and to more easily get swooping low to the ground shots. It lets you simply more the camera more smoothly for practically whatever type of shot you may want to get.

The additon of a cold shoe allows you to add a LED light, Microphone or other accessory to the grip.

This is made of ABS plastic so it's lightweight and reasonably strong. The handle is covered in a neoprene type of material with finger indents to provide a secure grip. The camera mount slides along a channel in the platform which has 4.5 inches of travel. The platform is 5" long and 2" wide. The entire grip is about 9" tall and 9" long. The camera grip itself can be attached to a tripod since there is a receiver thread for a tripod on the bottom of the sliding mount. This is a convenience if you want to quickly switch from using the grip to using a tripod because you do not have to remove your camera from the grip.

There are more expensive camera grips on the market. Some additional features such as a movable cold shoe and/or a camera mount track that has more sideways movement options rather than just forward and backward. And some grips have fancier sled type legs. But for the money, this is a completely functional and useful camera grip.

I was provided a sample for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good functionality for the price, December 10, 2013
This is a handy item to have to keep things steady when shooting a video. The construction quality is OK for the price. The frame is plastic and rather lightweight. I would not recommend this for professional use since I don't think it would last very long without breaking, but for home use the build quality is fine.

I tried it with a couple of Canon cameras and had no problems with the screw mount. The ring around the screw is hard plastic and feels on the cheap side, but the screw threading is nicely done. The screw mount is standard size, so it will work with pretty much anything, even a point-and-shoot.

The top grip handle is nicely padded. Comfortable and secure to grip.

It comes in a nice box, but there is no manual or instruction pamphlet. Instructions are provided on the side of the box.

For the price, this is a good value and a handy item to have when shooting videos. The ability to have smooth pans makes videos look far more professional. Well worth considering as a addition to your video tool kit.
[Sample provided for review]

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly light and comfortable to hold, December 15, 2013
Length:: 1:00 Mins

Movo Photo Heavy Duty turned out to be much lighter than I thought by just looking at the photo. It weighs 8.4 oz. The handle is covered with super comfortable neoprene, and the neoprene grip goes all around the handle both the horizontal and the vertical grip areas are covered. The grip is made out of heavy duty plastic, except for the mounting bolt which is metal.

☼ The space between the platform and the grip is 5.5"
☼ The railing within which you can mount the camera is 4.5".
☼ The base is 7.75" long and 3.375" wide at the widest part.
☼ The front portion of the handle has a shoe for the flash. The flash shoe is fixed in its position.

My DSLR camera with my main lens weighs 2.6 pounds and felt much lighter on this grip. I found that if hung the camera around my neck and rested the grip against my body it gave me a very steady 3 point grip position which allowed me to take photos in low light situations without a tripod. The down side of that super steady position is that the viewfinder is position behind the handle, and I need to use my LCD screen to compose the shot. For a wide angle or fisheye lens that is not an issue, of course. Resting the grip on a railing or a tree gives me many other options. The grip can also be mounted on a tripod itself.

I received this grip for the manufacturer for testing and review. It is well made and I found it useful in several situations.

Ali Julia review

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for lighter weight electronic equipment & fun camera angles, August 25, 2014
I ordered the black so it would match my equipment, but now I wished I had ordered one of the fun colors. The all plastic construction is looks fairly sturdy. The clearance between the base and the handle is about 5.25 inches. I have a Canon Vixia camcorder which comes with a mini hot shoe and I wanted to use a mic with it. Rather than purchase an adapter I decided to purchase the MOVO VH900 since it had a standard cold shoe on the top of the handle. I don't need a hot shoe as the mic I purchased is battery powered and I'm also planning to purchase a LED video light which will also be battery powered. Some people are concerned about using a DSLR on it. To be safe perhaps you'd rather use a metal handle or a set of metal L brackets. I have a set of L brackets and older Stroboframe but purchased the VH900 because I can set it on a table top as it has flat feet. It is also lighter weight than the Stroboframe I have which is on the larger side and had wooden handles as it's an older model that some use with a flash gun. Now I have the option of putting the camcorder on a tripod and putting the mic on the VH900 and setting it on a table near someone to record.

My only con is the plastic turn on the screw to tighten the mic only just clears the back part of the cold shoe so the shoe mount of the mic is sitting flush with the end of the cold shoe. In most cases as I won't be doing anything active so it's not a concern but if I were doing something active I might be concerned about the mic staying put and I'm using a MOVO mic so you'd think it would be designed to fit better. MOVO should have made the cold shoe a teeny bit longer or raised it higher to clear the end of the handle. I saw the fun low angle shots in one of the reviewer videos so I would love to experiment with that. The bottom screw mount also has a female receptor so I can screw it onto a tripod if I want to. Overall I am happy with my purchase so If you have a consumer camcorder, GoPro or similar lighter weight equipment the VH900 will probably suit your needs just fine. There is an Opteka and I think Neewer plastic C or "moon" DSLR/video handle that might allow a few more mounting options but if you only need simple this will work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier, January 6, 2014
Sturdy and lightweight, easy to hold, helps with stability, makes lighting and any-angle shooting a breeze. Extremely happy with my purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Canon dSLR with battery grip won't fit, cheap plastic, arrived as green when picture shows black, October 7, 2014
First of all, the ad shows a unit which is black in color. What I received was a kind of lime green, which only served to highlight how cheap the plastic base is. I'm not sure it would break easily, but it definitely feels low quality. There are no rubberized pads or coatings on the nubby little "legs", so make sure whatever surface you set it on won't be marred by the plastic. The handle feels solid enough and the neoprene coating is soft. I bought this on impulse as a backup hand held rig for my dSLR. However, it simply will not hold a Canon dSLR with an attached battery grip. As I need the extra juice when I am shooting and can't be bothered to take the grip on and off just to change mounts, the rig is going to be strictly for GoPro/camcorder use at this point. I can't really complain too much due to the price, but I doubt I would buy another one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not heavy duty, just bulky. Would not trust ..., July 13, 2014
Not heavy duty, just bulky. Would not trust any of my camera's on this unit from fear of breaking. all plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, July 3, 2014
Its plastic, its simple, it does its job. Nothing more, nothing less... good to have, happy with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart purchase, July 1, 2014
Great handle for my SL1, very sturdy. Great buy especially for the price 👌 Definitely will look into other of this seller's products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Showed up bright red and quality is questionable. It ..., June 26, 2014
Showed up bright red and quality is questionable. It will not work with the mounting plates for the Bogen 501 series heads. Item was promptly returned.