- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: Da Capo Pr; Rev Sub edition (April 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0306803895
- ISBN-13: 978-0306803895
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 5.8 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,258,955 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Mozart the Dramatist: The Value of His Operas to Him, to His Age and to Us Paperback – April, 1990
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
However, there comes a point when admiration becomes adulation becomes obsession. Reading Brophy here and elsewhere you could easily form the impression that in her mind no other classical musician is worth comparing to Mozart, possibly even worth listening to.
Myself, I could live without Seraglio and all of Mozart's juvenilia. And if I had to go to a desert island with one musician's CDs in my luggage, it would be mostly Wagner, with the best of Mahler and Bruckner for variety.