Customer Discussions > Amazon Music with Prime Music forum

Mp3 Uploader Will Not Load..?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2011 3:17:46 PM PDT
Hello forum, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit. I've updated Flash, AIR, and JRE to the latest versions. The MP3 Uploader program opens and just sits at the "Loading..." screen. Has anyone had and/or resolved this issue??

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 2:19:19 PM PDT
Hitem20 says:
Having the same issues and Amazon has not written back to several emails.

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 1:39:52 PM PDT
K. C. Gebow says:
Having same Problem with "Loading" continuing to run. I have Windows 7

Posted on Jul 11, 2011 5:43:23 PM PDT
Josiah H. says:
I had the same problem, just update your Adobe air ...

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 4:11:23 PM PDT
W. J. Fritz says:
Had same problem. I had to disable my AntiVirus (SEP) to get it to work.

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 6:50:50 AM PDT
I have the latest AIR application and AV disabled. And I still get prompted to click the AIR "I Agree" button when I open the uploader. Nothing happens. I've installed, uninstalled, rebooted, updated. All to no avail.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 7:45:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 9, 2011 7:46:21 AM PDT
Jack Frosch says:
I've tracked this issue down to a firewall setting.

If you're using one of the Internet security suites like Norton 360, McAfee Internet Security, or ESET Smart Security and having this problem, it may well be your firewall is blocking the connection.

When I disabled my firewall, it's check for updates worked fine.

Jack

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 10:41:25 PM PST
same issue here running windows 7

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 6:02:35 AM PST
David says:
I was able to use the uploader previously, but now it won't upload anything. I have ESET, but it doesn't work even when it's disabled. It's pretty frustrating. I'm wondering if one of the updates to Air and/or the Uploader caused an issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 9:13:01 AM PST
David, excellent point about AIR. I can't use any AIR-based application on my home computer. I'll play around with the uninstall this weekend and see if there are hooks in the registry.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:26:48 PM PST
I too was able to use the mp3 uploader until recently, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling both adobe air and the amazon mp3 uploader and still it is stuck in "loading..." when it is opened.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 10:19:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2011 10:20:46 AM PST
Stephen says:
I'm having this same issue. The mp3 uploader window is displayed for about 30 seconds but without any controls, then it crashes. I started having problems with the latest update.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 7:59:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2011 8:09:03 PM PST
J. Hawk says:
The Amazon MP3 uploader says that I need to update.... however, the "Download Now" button does not work. The cancel button works great, but that does not help me much.

Current Version: 1.0.1
New Version: 1.0.7

Can we get this fixed soon?

P.S. Had to uninstall the old version. Should not have had to.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 8:39:21 PM PST
Update Adobe Air, solved the problem instantly only 18 hours of uploading to go...

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 5:40:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2011 6:08:30 PM PST
I'm having the same issue. I get the Adobe Air "agreement" pop-up and when I hit "accept" nothing happens - the uploader does not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the uploader and Adobe Air. Amazon just wrote back and said I have to call to get this problem solve. Has anyone solved this yet?

Update: Finally got it to work by going into my c:\users\my-user\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\AIR directory and renaming my old eulaAccepted file to eulaAccepted-old

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 11:21:48 AM PST
E. Ruzek says:
This worked for me. What a POS!

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 12:47:01 PM PST
Music says:
How Can I get the new uploader update

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 8:15:04 AM PST
If you get the prompt to update Air, close MP3 Uploader. It immediately allowed me to install the updated version. However, I have a corporate, inline Firewall with no way to bypass. I am pretty sure that is why MP3 Uploader sits on Loading... Hopefully there will be a fix for this?

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 8:13:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2012 8:20:40 PM PST
I click and click and click on the Download Now button but nothing happens. Why anyone would every use an Adobe product is beyond me. That company should be slaughtered and Amazon right along with it.

I had to uninstall the uploader and reinstall it to circumvent the inoperable Adobe thingy. Really...

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 2:19:10 PM PST
Ted Tuleck says:
My mp3 uploader starts up and freezes. Solid. Everytime. Tried all of the above, reinstalling, rebooting, disabling firewall, antivirus,
updating air, etc etc. Doesnt even give me the option to scan, looks the same as before add files was clicked. Amazon was no help. Crap!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 8:34:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2012 8:36:46 AM PST
reachlorenzo says:
Tommy,
Thanks for your input. I am not certain if this fixed it, as I also--almost simultaneously--Uninstalled Adobe Air. Once I did that, I returned to the Adobe site and re-downloaded Air. However, the version off of the website was V3.1 (3.1.0.4880) , and I was running Adobe Air 3 (3.2.0.1320) (Beta Build). Once I re-installed version 3.1 of Air, I ran the Uploader and, ta-da!!, it worked.

So, two thoughts:
1) The issue, in my case, appeared to be caused by Adobe Air.
2) The fix, can be one of two things: 1) Version 3.2 is defective/buggy/whatever--it does not seem to work. 2) The renaming of the eulaAccepted file to, eulaAccepted-old, seemed to definitely help and/or fix the problem.

A copy of Tommy's post (originally posted: 28Dec11)
Tommy Wright Jr. says:
I'm having the same issue. I get the Adobe Air "agreement" pop-up and when I hit "accept" nothing happens - the uploader does not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the uploader and Adobe Air. Amazon just wrote back and said I have to call to get this problem solve. Has anyone solved this yet?

Update: Finally got it to work by going into my c:\users\my-user\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\AIR directory and renaming my old eulaAccepted file to eulaAccepted-old

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:11:53 PM PST
mcc57 says:
I've tried every suggestion here and still can't get the uploader to open past the "loading" screen. Uninstalled Air and uploader. Reinstalled. Turned off virus scan. Turned off firewall. Renamed eulaAccepted file. Does anyone know how to even go about ASKING Amazon for help with this?

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 8:35:33 AM PST
D. Garber says:
My experience was that the amazon MP3 uploader worked fine for the first 2,000 songs or so. Then it just stopped working. Whenever I try using it now, the upload screen will show it uploading about 20% of the first song, then the program will hang. Every time. I've tried the suggestions listed above and none have worked.

I understand that programs will have glitches, but the biggest issue in my eyes is amazon's inability to fix this problem after several months of complaints from many people. So my solution is that I've switched to google music. They offer storage of 20,000 songs for free and their uploader works flawlessly. Maybe more people switching to google music will be the only way to get amazon to respond to our complaints.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 6:19:05 PM PST
Joe N. says:
Thank you! I can't speak for anyone else, but this worked for me. Just renamed the file like you said, and now the uploader works like it used to. Funny that the people at Amazon don't seem to know this.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2012 8:10:07 PM PDT
Andris V. says:
Renamed what file? I'm having the same problem with the uploader ... just spins "Loading ...".
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  43
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Jul 4, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Amazon Music with Prime Music
Amazon Music with Prime Music by Amazon.com
3.6 out of 5 stars   (3,722)