Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 11, 2014
A very versatile phone mount. I say phone mount because it can be used in many different situations outside of the car that are actually extremely helpful believe it or not. Its tripod like design makes it very versatile and extremely functional in many situations.

Let's start with it being used as a car mount. It's extremely versatile because of the tripod like construction of the mount which makes it far more useful than one could imagine. I tested it for roughly a week on my dashboard near my LCD screen (which is smooth and flat) and a week on my windshield with no issues at all. The Mpow phone mount held strong, never moved or fell of its original mounting location which is a big plus. During this time period it went from roughly mid 60 degrees to to mid 30 degrees in temperature in Salt Lake City. This morning, as I post the review it was 29 degrees and this past Sunday it was 66 degree's, so the temperature has fluctuated a lot over the past month in November and due to the pressure change the mount never lost suction due to this weather change which was HUGE.

The Mpow phone mount can be mounted virtually anywhere that is flat and smooth, I also found it useful to mount on my desk cabinet at work. I mounted a tube of heaving baking soda on the mount at my desk and left it for hours and it never fell out of the grips nor did the mount lose suction and fall off which made me trust the Mpow Phone Mount even more than I thought I would. I also found it handy to mount it on my night stand as I use my iPhone for my alarm clock and when I go to hit snooze or turn off my alarm, I often slide my phone completely off my night stand all together which can be annoying.

Construction is very well made and durable. I did drop it a few times and it held up just fine. The vise-grip like clamps have rubber inside them to ensure it doesn't scratch your phone which was awesome. This is a very well thought-out car mount and they did a very good job with it.

I have tested a few Mpow products and I can honestly say from their headphones, to phone mounts, to Bluetooth products, they are exceptional.

------------------
DISCLOSURE
-------------------
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest with no bias.
review image review image review image review image
on October 10, 2014
There are a lot of car mounted phone cradles out there, but this is one of the sturdiest ones that I have used. Generally, your main worry about things that secure your phone is how sturdy they are. There are other things too of course, but the quality of the product is always the first thing I check. This mount will in fact hold your phone very securely using a clamp, but the downside to this is that you will need two hands in order to mount your phone. This is because you have to pinch the clamp and then put your phone in, which of course is very difficult to do one handed. The second part of this mount that I thought was really good is the amount that you can customize it. A lot of mounts have one, MAYBE two dials for increasing rotation, angle, etc. This mount has 4 working parts - The clamp for holing your phone, and lever to suction cup the mount, and 2 more knobs for customizing the angle/orientation. One is right behind the phone, and this is where you could rotate your phone's orientation to however you like. The 2nd knob is my favorite. This one allows you to adjust the angle of the piece attached to the windshield, which is something I haven't seen on many car mounts. Overall, this product does what it's supposed to do, and it's very good at it. Putting your phone in the mount is a two hand procedure which is a little annoying, but I'd rather that than have a possibly broken phone.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 11, 2014
I'm updating my original review to give this product (Mpow Bluetooth) 5 stars for two reasons. Mpow or their retailer contacted me almost immediately in response to my original review and offered to send me a replacement for the non-functioning second device. I received the replacement within a few days and it works perfectly. When pairing the replacement device with my smartphone I realized I misjudged the problem with my second device. It wasn't defective. Apparently all Mpow Bluetooth receivers use the same Bluetooth ID. In order to pair the second or, third device in this case, one has to reinitialize the connection by going through a full rescan. Each device is unique even though they share the same Bluetooth ID. So, after going through the correct process my second device is pairing and working perfectly, at least for my needs--music from my smartphone and tablet.
on October 3, 2014
Unfortunately, this headset didn't work well at all. I tried with several different people in several different geographic locations and no one could hear me. It's a nice looking headset and comfortable to wear but if it doesn't work, none of that matters.

On the other hand, the return was simple and expedient, so great customer service.
on November 30, 2014
for a very cheap, temporary solution, this product is fine. However: if you actually want to use it for over a month or 2, I would suggest a different product. I ordered this on August 29th, by October 25th (only 27 days after the return period had ended) it had failed unexpectedly and completely. The device is designed to be moved often, as shown by the fact that it mounts by magnet, however: I moved it twice (putting it into the car, and pulling it out when it failed), and one of the cords had the insulation splitting off where it joined the other.
During the time it worked, it was decent. I liked the skip buttons, but the microphone inside was absolute garbage, I ended up telling my phone to ignore the microphone in it, as it was useless, disabling all "hands-free" features on it. The big button on the front's only use to me was turning on the unit when it decided it didn't want to (normally the unit would turn on once it got power, but at least once a week I would have to push the button, wait for it to boot and connect, and then play my music). the skip buttons were really the only useful ones, wish it would've had a play/pause as well. volume control was rather straightforward: the unit has some background noise, so turn the unit's volume to max and use the car's controls to actually control it.
Overall: it was far too fragile, failed spontaneously (it was working fine, started shrieking, and died completely within 10 seconds, it won't even power on now), and cheaply made, I'm just glad I could get the magnet off my dash so I could throw it away as well.
I attempted to reach out to the vendor, Patozon, as they had sent me an e-mail asking if I needed anything, but as I can't send e-mail from the address they sent the message to, they refuse to talk to me, even while providing proof that I had purchased it.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 13, 2014
I've had the Streambot One for a week now and everything is working as it should.

The Packaging of the box was surprisingly elegant and everything had it's place. (I uploaded some photos, check em out!)

Contents:
Streambot One
Manual
Dual USB car Charger

Usage:
Very simple.
Just Plug in the USB of Streambot into power source (Car Charger or External Battery)
Plug the Aux in a Speaker/Aux of car or external speaker
Bluetooth connect on your device, (my iPhone 5s/Samsung Galaxy S4)
Ready to use!

Quality of the connection was better than just using the Aux cord plus the added Multi functional button that allows you to answer calls.
There are two volume/song skip buttons for easy access while driving on the road.
When plugged into external speakers, the output volume increased and didn't have any adverse effect on quality

+Better than just Aux
+Car charger included for the price
+Easy to use
+Safer on the road

I just wish it had more, but what do ya expect?

Overall the Streambot is easy to use and great for those who's car does not have Bluetooth but an Aux. I recommend it!

Hope this is helpful to ya! If not, leme know what else you need to know!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 20, 2014
- Connects to 2 devices simultaneously. Works perfect with switching between devices. Music on the iPad stops when there is a call incoming on the iPhone. Automatically detects if a device has a call or wants to output music.
- Automatically connects two both devices on power on
- Superb music quality. On par with the Belkin CarAudio and better than the Kinivo BTC450
- Great microphone, Siri can hear my voice when driving with the roof and windows open. Better than the Belkin and Kinivo.
- There is a small popping sound (low frequency) when switching between devices. Nothing major.
- The volume of calls on the iPhone is slightly low, so I have to turn the volume up on the head unit when I get a call.
- Great price
VINE VOICEon September 11, 2014
Before I purchased this Mpow, I already owned the Kinivo BTC450 in my car. However, I always wanted and NEEDED to connect to TWO devices at once. The Kinivo BTC450 could only sync with one device; Kinivo released a new model, the BTC455, that is capable of connecting to two Bluetooth devices at once, but that one was out of stock... I would have purchased that if that was available, but it looks like they are not stocking that anytime soon... that's when I stumbled across this Mpow.

This Mpow is also capable of connecting to TWO Bluetooth devices at once. (Once you SYNC with one Bluetooth device with this, Disable entire Bluetooth on that device. Then the Mpow will go into search mode again and you can sync with another Bluetooth device; you can then ENABLE the Bluetooth on the first device and you'll be connected to both simultaneously.)

Connecting to two Bluetooth devices at once was the biggest selling point for me because I have two tablets (Samsung Galaxy Tab S and Nexus 7) in my car that I want to hear through my AUX without the hassle of syncing one by one.

Here's what I observed with connecting to two Bluetooth devices at once:

If you play music on one device and then start playing music on a second device, you will NOT hear both music playing over each other. It's one audio source at a time. So in that example, when you STOP playing music on the first device, it will then switch over to the audio on the SECOND device playing.

Whatever audio that is playing first takes priority. It's not immediate switching; it takes, about a second or two to switch - but that's tolerable than having to disconnect/sync just to get audio from a second device. Whatever priority audio is playing on the device is what the Pause/Skip Track buttons will work with.

You will not be able to have navigation audio running on one device and music playing on another device simultaneously. I wish it was smart enough to cut off/pause the audio on one source when a new audio source comes in on a second device, but unfortunately, it's not capable of being that smart.

Mpow vs Kinivo:

- The Mpow's main button is much smaller than the Kinivo
- The Mpow has a cheaper plastic build feel to it, it's slippery, whereas the Kinivo has a nicer rubber texture
- The Mpow can be powered via USB, which is much better (includes dual USB car power) and can be used for home-use too (as long as you have a constant USB power to it), whereas the Kinivo's power is already hard-wired with a car power socket car power socket with just a single USB port.
- The Mpow is magnet based, like the Belkin version, where you just put the sticky base anywhere and you can remove it from that position. The Kinivo comes with a spare sticky; the Mpow does not.
- The Mpow's 3.5mm is straight, whereas the Kinivo is right-angled.
- Mpow allows you to increase/decrease volume by holding on to the skip/previous buttons. There is no volume options for Kinivo.
- Both connect automatically when you start your vehicle.
- Both have a Play/Pause button, Skip Back/Forward button.

Overall, I like the size and build quality of the Kinivo, but if you're looking for a better features, the Mpow is a clear winner. I like it is more compact size to stick on your car/easily remove from that position (magnet), and convenience of simply USB powered.

I did not experience any sound quality issues with either of them. They both sound fantastic - it's all going to depend on your car stereo system.

Although it's not able to simultaneously send two audio signals and overlap audio at the same time (what I was kind of hoping for), I'm still really happy being able to have two bluetooth devices connected.

Please Mpow or Kinivo, please make a new model that allows 3 bluetooth devices at once!! or even better, having no limit!

This device has made my old car futuristic and up-to-date.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 19, 2014
It worked great for about a week. Then it just fell off, and now won't stay stuck to ANYTHING. I tried cleaning, wetting, drying, nothing works. Not a fan.
on November 3, 2014
UPDATE: So after using this on a road trip there are a lot more things wrong with it. First, it seems music cuts in and out if you disconnect and reconnect. Also the calls sometimes automatically switch over to the iPhone speaker. I also had issues with the volume erratically changing from very low to so loud I had ringing in my ears. Seriously there is something wrong with this thing.
I see there is a new version of this which they seem to have addressed some of the issues I had. I'd be glad to exchange mine for the new version and write an honest review. Comment on here mpow if you would be willing to do that and cover the shipping cost. Thanks

I wanted to like this thing because it was smaller than the others but it was awful. First off, I am using this with an iPhone 5s. The volume of the output of both music and calls were lower than other sources including the Kinivo which this replaced. The call volume was so low I had to crank the volume to hear anything, and yes I made sure the volume from the phone was maxed out. Then when the call ended and went back to music, it would nearly blow my speakers (and my ears). Seriously awful design. In addition to this, the blinking blue light on the top is so bright it is a serious destraction while driving at night. It completely lights up the car and blinks every second. You feel like you are being pulled over constantly. Do not buy this, buy the Kinivo, it is just a superior product. They now have a new version, the BTC455 that is bluetooth 4.0 too.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...