4.0 out of 5 stars MR. BAR-B-Q
Published on May 4, 2009 by B. W. Hemstreet

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough
These aren't good enough to last a long time. What is disappointing is that most of the other products which are similar in price range probably are not going to meet expectations as well.

This is disappointing, since I consider these extremely valuable when trying to flip or remove large pieces of meat (like pork shoulder) on a smoker.

My issue is...
Published on July 15, 2008 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars MR. BAR-B-Q, May 4, 2009
B. W. Hemstreet (Glenn Dale, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
These gloves are worth having for grilling or rotisserie use. They do have their limitations. Originally, my gloves came with a rotisserie oven I received as a gift. The instructions show using them to handle food hot out of the oven. I used them that way successfully. Later I used them when taking the rotisserie off the gas grill. The bar is extremely hot and although I took it off the grill easily, I noticed that the heat seemed to wear or melt the coating. The next time I used them, I noticed the coating melting more and I figured they wouldn't last much longer if I continued to use them that way so I bought the more recent pair with the intention of using a silicone potholder with the gloves to remove the rotisserie bar.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, July 15, 2008
Amazon Customer (Cottage Grove, OR) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)

My issue is that the heat tolerance is very low. I cook no higher than 250 degrees on my smoker, and one of the fingers already looks a little melted from when I was handling the meat. I have only had mine for a month and a half or so. It also has orange stains everywhere (probably from the paprika I put on the meat)which will never come off. And it has some deep melt lines from when I tried to close the bottom vents near the charcoal (my mistake, I knew better). These aren't going to last me very long. They are inexpensive tho.

I read on a bbq forum that one guy uses cotton gloves covered by disposable food handling gloves. That may be the road I go down in the future when these are toast. There are also much more expensive insulated gloves ($30 range) on food service websites which are black in color and look pretty tough. You get what you pay for.

Not a recommended purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves at a good price, April 15, 2009
SteveH (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
I have had these gloves for a little over 2 years now. They are holding up well after probably close to 150 racks of ribs, 60 or so briskets, and countless chickens.

As noted in another review, the gloves do stain. White was probably not the best choice for BBQ gloves. The same reviewer also pointed out that the gloves melted when he touched hot metal. That is not what these gloves are for. They are designed to handle food. If you want to handle the pit, get some cheap welding gloves. You shouldn't be contaminating your food handling gloves, anyway.

These gloves clean easily (except for the aforementioned staining). Put on the gloves, turn on the hot water, and wash you gloves with dish detergent as if you were washing your hands.

If my current gloves ever wear out, I will be buying another pair. I can't imagine cooking BBQ without them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Slippery, May 5, 2009
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
Adding to the other negative reviews, these glossy rubber gloves get very slippery when handling greasy meats like ribs and pork butt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't recommend, November 28, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
I bought these gloves because they were priced well and had pretty positive feedback. HOWEVER,I did find these gloves to be a bit hard to handle meat. Big pieces of meat slip right out of your hands with these gloves on. I also find it hard to keep these looking clean because of the light color. Some might not care about that but I thought I would add that to this review.

I have found a black pair of BBQ gloves sold by Texas BBQ Rub(cheaper)that always looks clean and are better than the 5 previous brands I have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, September 13, 2011
Mark B (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
Good insulation. The initial out-of-the-box mild smell can be washed away with some soap and hot water. They are good for what I needed, pulling pork, chicken, and turkey. Do not expect them to hold up to red hot BBQ grates. What do you expect? These are not Kevlar & Nomex. I will be buying again.

5.0 out of 5 stars They work amazingly!!, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
They are perfect for pulling pork shoulders while they're still hot. I also just used them to pull lobster tails from the pot of boiling water and pulled the meat on top to brown under the broiler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for working w/ a Smoker, May 12, 2009
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
What a HUGE improvement over trying to use forks, tongs and other tools to manipulate hot food!

Used the gloves for the 1st time on Mother's Day 2009, smoking a pair of 5 lb pork butts in my Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal-fired smoker. They were great! I was able to work with the hot meat, moving the butt on the bottom rack to the top and the butt on the top rack to the bottom. I was able to pull the pork, without having to stop or hesitate due to my hands burning. Wrapping the finished meat in foil for the mandatory "rest period" prior to pulling was a cinch with these gloves.

I am glad I bought these longer length gloves, as opposed to the "Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue SR8037 Insulated Food Gloves, Pair".

Next time I have something hot to try to carve, these gloves will be just the ticket! Easy to wash too - just wash your hands w/ the gloves on.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Evil Plans Are Coming Together, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves (Lawn & Patio)
With these gloves, I am 1 step closer to completing my Dr. Horrible costume. Once I find a red lab coat and I perfect my evil laugh, I will rule the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insulated BBQ gloves, August 7, 2011
We ordered them to use for pulling pork, but we use them for many other things as well. They work well, but they stain easily and our are starting to split between the fingers a little bit. I don't know if there are any better gloves out there, this is our first pair.

Mr. Bar-B-Q Insulated Barbecue Gloves