Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on October 30, 2011
I went looking for this mop and didn't give up until I found it here on
This is because the other day, when I was housecleaning for a friend I needed to quickly sweep & mop a couple of small floor areas - one in a small densely furnished treatment room and another under a bed with too little clearance for the Shark Floor Steamer I used on the rest of the tile floors. Not wanting to haul out the vacuum to use it in a cramped space to get the floor dirt-free in preparation for the wet-mopping, I grabbed this little Mr. Clean Flip-It Dust & Mop that was stashed in the garage. I first dust mopped the floor and was very pleased with how easily and smoothly it swiveled around and under all the tight nooks and crannies in the small space. I was also surprised to see how much detritus was quickly and effortlessly gathered up by the dust pad - so much I used a whisk broom & dustpan to dispose of it cleanly. I then wet mopped after first pre-moistening the mop pad in hot water before positioning it on the mop head. I squirted a little spray & wipe hard surface floor cleaner on the floor and again easily swiveled the little mop all around where I went before, leaving a very nice clean floor. I sometimes had to concentrate to keep the mop from being too "flip-happy" - but found this tiny annoyance a good trade-off for the bigger annoyance of having to have to tote around more equipment to accomplish the job. It also saved me time & effort of otherwise having to vacuum or get down on my knees to do hand wiping in places where the vacuum and bigger mops wouldn't reach.
on July 30, 2011
I have such a love-hate relationship with this mop because it was very inexpensive but it annoys the crap out of me. It swivels, which is fun and convenient, but be careful you don't swivel it too much or the head screws off (smart, Mr. Clean). It also flips from duster to mop, but it likes to do this spontaneously whenever you lift it up. I've inverted the mop and duster because I think the mop is a better duster and the duster a better mop. Once you figure the thing out, it gets the job done, but I inevitably have to get on my hands and knees at the end to pick up whatever I've simply had to push into a pile.
on October 11, 2012
I recently bought a house with bamboo floors. The people I bought it from had left a Swifter unit, but none of the wet refills. When I found out what their price was, I decided to see what else was out there. There were several dust mops and wet mops, but this was the only one that was both that I found. I like that it doesn't use throw-away refills, its heads are washable and it does a great job. I would have given it 5 stars except that the head does have an annoying habit of flipping sides when you lift it during use; I'm getting better at keeping that from happening (don't lift it more than about an inch), but it was/is a bit of a nuisance.
on January 21, 2012
I've had this mop now for a little over a month, and I hate it so much. Normally, I'm a huge fan of Mr. Clean products but not this one. First off, once the mop side is wet, it is extremely difficult to move over the floor unless it is sopping, and no one wants a sopping wet floor when you finish mopping. Secondly, I can't keep the mop going in a straight line to save my life. It pivots automatically every time I push it forward. On top of the pivoting issue, the handle begins to unscrew any time I try to correct the pivoting. I understand that as far as costs go, it's easier to make products that a handle can screw into because then you just need to make one type of handle for multiple products, but this is a huge downfall to this mop.

I've tried giving this mop a fair chance, but I just can't take it anymore. I will be going to the store today and buying a different mop. One that is NOT a Mr. Clean product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2014
First off, this product is a DUST MOP as-in NOT MEANT TO USED WET!!!
I bought this to replace my Swiffer, saves money on refills and for the larger head. Does wonders on my floors and fast! floor pads wash better than I expected. Perfect for sweeping up those little crumbs after dinner! I would totally recommend!
on April 4, 2012
I was in a grocery store looking for a hardwood floor cleaner and this seemed to be the best option as it does not spray product from the handle (I don't want puddles of cleaner on my hardwood floor) and had a reusable cloth. I just took it out to use it and it is awful! I wanted something because I was tired of cleaning on my hands and knees, and this mop made the process longer and more difficult! It does not want to mop in a straight line, but swivels with the just the tiniest bit of pressure- even when I am square behind it, it will pivot. On top of that, a few minutes of cleaning/ pivoting all over the place, and the handle unscrews from the head. I will be returning the product first thing tonight. I am a huge believer in, "You get what you pay for," and this is exactly that: a cheap piece of junk. Spend a little more on something that does the job.
on July 29, 2015
I bought this "Mr. Clean Dust & Mop" at a local store for under $11.00. Was thrilled that the handles was longer than my Swiffer and the pad area is bigger.

I was happy with the first sweeping/dust mop job. But when I tried to use the washing side of the mop it drags horribly on hardwood and on linoleum. I then tried wetting the pad more. Still hard to push or pull the mop. I then soaked it and it worked ok - but way to wet for these floors.

Finally, I removed the provided pad and applied a small towel rag. Voila! This works fine. I'll keep the mop, but will be making my own mop heads.

I'm disappointed that Mr. Clean would sell a product that performs so poorly.
on February 24, 2012
My house was recently renovated and there were dusts everywhere from floor to wall, this thing help a lot. Well, it does swivel a lot and won't stay in place, but my major complaint is I'm unable to find a refill for this Dust N Mop, I searched online and went to a few places and still couldn't find it. I thought the Microfiber Ultra duster refill could be a replacement but I was wrong, it doesn't have Velcro strips on the refill. I know I could wash it and reuse it, but after couple times of heavy dusting and washing, I want to get a new refill for regular use in the future.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2015
Very good. Should come with refills for the duster though
on March 15, 2012
This mop/duster a great idea but still needs some fine tuning to work at it's peak performance. The mop head does unscrew very easily and is annoying. The velcro is not real strong and the mopping pad can come off when wet. I bought the replacement pads and will put the dust mop on both sides to pick up debris and then change to dual mopping pads. This is great for cleaning large areas.