5.0 out of 5 stars Erase EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink too!!!!
Published on July 13, 2011 by Zoe Paris

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a wall cleaner
Published on February 23, 2011 by so very bored

5.0 out of 5 stars Erase EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink too!!!!, July 13, 2011
This review is from: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleaning Pads, 8-Count Box (Health and Beauty)
It started innocently enough...I bought a pack of these to clean some black shoe marks off my kitchen floor. The marks didn't come off with scrubbing and even bleach but a few swipes with one of these sponges and the marks were GONE! So I tried it on the nasty oil spatter stains (hard to remove even with degreaser) on my cabinets= GONE! Then I went on to the fridge, the light switch plates...every stain I used it on was magically GONE! It worked on the kitchen sink too. There were some scuff marks in the sink from metal pans, I thought they were there to stay but even those are gone now!

It even works on rug stains and while this does make it break apart faster it does work. I also tried them on my car wheels...I have chrome rims and they get black with brake dust. This works much better than the pricy cleaners that I used to buy at the auto parts store! In fact, I even told the guys at the car wash about this and they started using them too. If you have shiny chrome rims this will get them as clean as they were the day you bought your car, NO JOKE! The sponges are safe for most surfaces. They even work on dishes that have caked on food or water marks. I have also had good luck removing stains from clothing. They get out stains that other products don't.

Now, I find it impossible to clean without these. Many stains that would require scrubbing come off in a few swipes. The best thing is, it doesn't have any smelly chemicals! I spilled red jello on my white countertop. I didn't see one spot and it stayed there for a week...and it STILL came off with no effort. There are very few stains that it won't remove and it does this with no additional cleaning products. It is also non abrasive. The only thing is that the sponge dissolves as you use it. With heavy use you may go through a lot of them BUT in the long run you will save time and use less cleaning supples...But be warned, Magic Erasers are addicting...Once you clean one thing, you will want to clean EVERYTHING!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to clean everything., February 23, 2011
I would recommend these for small-to-medium cleaning jobs that have very tough stains. I've cleaned wall stains and school desks (!) and they cut through the stains like magic. Less pressure works better than more pressure, and if you have a large cleaning job, you will need several of these, as they will disintegrate as you use them. Read all of the reviews on Amazon, and you'll get a good sense of the kinds of things that can be cleaned. I love them.

Here is the info from the package.
Great for: textured shower floors and tubs
baked-on grease, microwaves, and floor tile grout
light switches and ceramic tile
plastic patio furniture and children's play sets
alloy car wheels, vinyl window sill/frames and much more

WARNING:
Not recommended for the following - high gloss, polished, dark, brushed, satin, faux, bare/polished wood, or stainless steel. If using for dishwashing, rinse glasses thoroughly. Do not use with chlorine bleach, on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass. Do not use on skin or other parts of the body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful--Be Careful, December 23, 2004
This is great for walls, painted cabinets, floors, places you find kid-grime, EXCEPT varnished handrails and spindles on stairs! I had to re-varnish since I removed the shiny finish with this Eraser. The package DOES give this warning, but I started cleaning with it and it works so well and quick that I just went all over the house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaned What Nothing Else Would, October 10, 2010
We purchased a foreclosure home that looked like it had never been cleaned. We managed to clean the entire house, except the linoleum floors in the kitchen. I tried numerous (and sometime expensive!) cleaners of all kinds and nothing would remove the years of ground in dirt. Decided to try this product. A little of time on my hands and knees scrubbing and the floor was clean. Only draw back is the item doesn't last long. After about 3 square feet of scrubbing, the pad was gone and I had to use another one. Went through many of them, but our floors shine and there is no longer any sign of the previous seller's grime.

I would recommend this product to anyone. Just beware, they do not last very long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean your IRON!!!, February 28, 2011
In additon to all the great things this little cleaning pad can do, it will do an amazingly good job of cleaning your iron. Just get the Magic Eraser wet and wring out most of the water. Put a few paper towels or regular towel on a table and put the Magic Eraser on top. Now just iron over the Magic Eraser with your iron set to it's hottest setting. That's it. Your iron should be clean.

So get out that gunky iron that you thought was ruined and try this. It WILL work!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware, January 25, 2012
Great product, use it all the time. But be careful when cleaning non-glossy or flat paint, you will go right down to the base coat if you are too aggressive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a wall cleaner, February 23, 2011
Which is the only thing these erasers excel at they got rid of deep down dirt and god knows what that was left on my door and a black scruff mark that i thought would not come off. But to use it on over things like tile or you fridge is just a waste of time. They also break off when you scrub to hard. Actually the Up and Up(Targets brand) work better they clean up more and don't fall apart as much as the magic eraser. Not to mention you can get the four pack of the Target brand for the price of two of the Mr. Cleans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic it is - for impossible jobs, it is amazing!, December 28, 2008
MD Dad "MD Dad" (olney, md United States) - See all my reviews
This product lives up to its name. For certain challenging jobs, it is an amazing product that can save the day. For example, we discovered extensive blue stains on our beautiful claw-foot oak dining room table this morning, and it was readily apparent that our kids had done the damage, wielding a permanent "Sharpie" marker without sufficient backing material under the paper they were drawing on. Those who are experienced with Sharpies know how indelible the dense dye ink dye is on nearly any surface - but particularly if soaked into the grain of a porous substance like wood. As I shook my head in resignation that our heirloom table would be permanently marred, my wife broke out the Magic Eraser, and in the space of one minute the stain completely disappeared. The finish on the table was unchanged, but somehow the indelible ink was gone. I was truly amazed.

Some have commented about the durability of the sponge material. Apparently we haven't put the Magic Eraser through the kind of punishment that shortens its life. Ours seems to have plenty of life left in it - but I wouldn't care if it was already destroyed. It has paid for itself a thousand times over in saving this piece of furniture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for steering wheel - USE WITH CARE, October 19, 2009
This did an amazing job of making my shiny leather steering wheel look matte and like new. HOWEVER, it should be noted that this stuff is essentially very fine sandpaper. If you would not use sandpaper on something, don't use this. If leather is warn out, this will only make it worse. That said, it is a bit amazing how well it works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective, but flimsy, September 25, 2010
I used one of these to clean out my heavily scuffed kitchen sink. It worked well. The magic eraser, some water, and a lot of scrubbing brought out the sink's original white finish. However, by the time the sink was clean the magic eraser was pretty much completely destroyed. I wore holes through it in the places where my fingers were in contact with it. It shriveled up and disintegrated.

I tried another one on our grungy bathtub. Same story. The magic eraser got the tub much cleaner, but didn't survive to be of any use again. Based on my experience with the pad wearing out while cleaning the sink, I tried cutting it in half with a pair of scissors beforehand to try and maximize the amount of scrubbing I got out of one pad. I think this might have helped a bit, but it's hard to tell for sure.

These seem to work pretty well for hard-to-clean marks on hard surfaces. However, given how expensive they are and how quickly they wear out, they probably will never be the first thing I try.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleaning Pads, 8-Count Box
$11.73 $6.47
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.