Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games Melanie Martinez

on March 20, 2012
It is very hard to choose a coffee maker that you will be happy with, and produces good tasting coffee. Here is my two cents on the Mr. Coffee DWX23 coffee maker.
Easy to read blue LED clock and blue LED power indicator.
Easy to set the time and program.
Brews 10 cups in about 12 minutes.
Water temperature going into the grounds is around 192 degrees, which is better than most coffee makers out there.
Easy to read water reservoir.
Decanter does not drip or dribble (at least mine did not).
The warming plate is non-stick and keeps the brewed coffee hot (around 180 degrees) for 2 hours.

The real only complaint I can think of is when you leave the lid closed after brewing, and you go to make another pot of coffee in the morning, once you open the lid, not all of the water will end up in the reservoir. Some will dribble down the back of the coffee maker. I have seen this design flaw in most coffee makers out there, and is usually a make or break decision with me.

The best selling point I can make about this coffee maker, is the water temperature. After a year in service, the water temperature is still a constant 192 degrees. Most commercial and industrial coffee makers will push water out at 200 degrees, so this is a very close competitor as far as the flavor of the coffee being brewed. I am very picky about coffee flavor, so this coffee maker does a great job for flavor and warmth.

Cleaning is a cinch. Just run 1/4 cup of white vinagar to 12 cups of cold water, followed by 3 more 12 cup brews of cold water once a month and you are in for great tasting coffee with the Mr. Coffee DWX23 coffee maker.
on October 30, 2013
I am on my second version of this coffeemaker. The old one needed to be replaced after many years of service - not because of a malfunction, but because the warming surface became very corroded. This was my problem, not the coffeemaker.

This machine has very few functions other than brewing really good coffee and that is perfect for me. I like gadgets, and think it would be cool to have a machine that would do more, but in the end, I really just want to fill the water, put in a filter, dump in some coffee grounds, push a button and get great coffee.

This machine does exactly that.
on February 23, 2009
This coffee maker is great because it has two features I really need. Programmable and turns off after 2 hours. I am tired of my coffee maker burning because we forget it on and it stays on for over 10 hours. Now I can rest assured it will turn off after a little while.
I had a Mr. Coffee for my everyday coffee and it worked great until it got burned on all day too many times.
I bought the same model (except for the previously mentioned features) and it is inexpensive and works as well. I have tried it already and no problems yet. I have an expensive cappuccino maker but that is not for every day.
This Mr. Coffee is what I need. It is simple to set and use, you can get your coffee ready the night before, and wake-up to freshly brewed coffee. Turns off after 2 hours so you have time to drink fresh coffee before work
I think it is a great value!!!
on September 6, 2009
After reading the only other review which was negative, I was worried about the coffee maker I'd just bought. However, it has worked perfectly every day for the last 3 weeks. It is remarkably inexpensive for a programmable maker. It smells so good to walk in the kitchen and hear the coffee finishing up each morning. I've never had a coffee make that did not require a little care to be sure the filter was not crooked but this one is actually easier than my last one which I gave my daughter.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
UPDATED: Well I'm back in divorce court again guys. This thing just quit on me. Not even a year. I am SO disgusted! I would change my rating to 2 stars but am not sure it would show up. This is a "it was fun while it lasted" coffee maker that works while it works. Lower your expectations and it will do the job for you until it stops.

Overall I've had this coffee maker for 9 months now so I feel I can give an accurate review of strengths and weaknessess. I will note I expect a coffee maker nowadays (based on many years of experience) to last from 1-3 years. Unfortunately beyond that seems impossible in this era of consumer electronics.

Strengths:
- Brews a very nice cup of coffee - not too strong/not too light
- easily programmable
- Auto shut off does work
- easy to clean the coffee maker and easy to pour water into it
- no messy water filters to deal with like my last one had which were a nightmare!

Weaknessess:
- the buttons on the right shift over time and make it hard to shut off (YMMV)
- Pause and serve takes a moment to kick in leaving you ALWAYS needing to clean the hotplate
- swivel water thing is a pain to remember to move after you'd added coffee

Overall I give this 3 stars which means It's O.K. I don't love it but I don't hate it. The price is decent for what you get and the programmable part does work well. The design is also solid without leaking and or water dribble from pouring the water in. If you are looking for an inexpensive (note I did not say CHEAP as that's a whole 'nother category in and of itself) coffee maker this will do the trick without any pizzaz. It would have gotten 4 stars except for the pause and serve function and the button issue.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 10, 2013
I'll add my voice to most of the other reviews:
- no problems with dripping when pouring
- "pause and serve" function works fine
- programmable delayed start is easy to use (and critical for mornings!)
- there's a noticeable amount of lid condensation that drains back into the reservoir when you lift the lid

One nice "perk" (sorry - !) is the water-level viewing window on both sides of the tank; also, the hot plate is not "hemmed in" by side walls like some other models, so you can grab the handle from a wide variety of angles. Makes for greater versatility when trying to position it on your counter.

The main reason I posted this review was to add a photo of the inside (see user photos), so you could see what it looks like. Some coffee makers are notoriously difficult to fill, but this one was not hard at all.

My only quibble is that when it brewed its first pot this morning (after I cleaned it yesterday), the coffee was weaker than what I was used to with my Gevalia coffee maker, despite using exactly the same amount of grounds, the same texture grind, and the same amount of water. It may be because the Gevalia uses a cone filter, channeling all the brewing water through all the grounds down to a center exit hole, while this one uses a basket, allowing the water to exit out the sides of the basket (and probably, now that I think about it, leaving the grounds in the bottom center of the basket relatively untouched). I knew it was a basket strainer when I bought it, but never having used a basket strainer before, I didn't stop to think that the brewing dynamics might be different. But it gets 4 stars because it does what it advertises, does it well, and for a reasonable price.
review image
on February 7, 2014
My previous Mr. Coffee lasted 20 years! This one lasted 4 months and 8 days..... What happened????? It just stopped working one day and I unplugged did and did everything I could think of to set it back on track, but dead is dead!

Now I need to get another coffee maker and I am disgusted
on July 5, 2013
The clock on this runs about 15 min ahead each day. So by the end of the week you are almost 2 hrs ahead. Its really annoying and therefore the programmable feature is useless as it can't keep time. Buy something else or the non-programmable version of this coffee maker. On the plus side, it makes uniform-strength coffee every time, unlike some other coffee makers which make coffee that is too strong or too weak depending upon how many cups you make. Easy to use.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 15, 2013
what can I say, it makes great coffee and the pot itself does not drip when pouring, that alone is a plus for us!
on April 22, 2014
I thought I would order this model as I have never purchased a coffee machine before and it seemed like a good place to start seen as it is fairly cheap and looks the part... I'm afraid I got what I paid for :/

I ran the 'washing cycle' through as soon as I received it (which, in their defence, was extremely fast) after only a few days from USA to Thailand. You see, everything 'Western' out here is fun-sized so the internet is the only option. After setting the clock, I had already noticed that it was wrong after as little as 10 minutes. In-fact, I thought that I had set it incorrectly. After re-setting and noticing that it was wrong again when I got back from town (about 5 hours had passed and it was already nearly a couple of hours behind) I realized that I had received a faulty product. I considered 'ignoring' it due to the nightmare of returning products from Asia (paying TRIPLE what Amazon had paid for post & packaging) and figured that I may be able to just wing it by setting the clock a few hours ahead before I went to sleep so that I could enjoy the coffee automatically in the morning, and did as such. Guess what? It didn't even brew in the morning. I went and checked and I couldn't even brew it 'on the spot' without the use of the clock. Absolutely useless.

I didn't want to admit due to the fact that I hear Mr. Coffee is quite a reputable company from my American friends, but I cannot accept a product that is SO poor. I kept checking against my phone, watch and laptop, which had all managed to keep the exact same time as each other.

After accepting defeat and going through the admin of returning the product, I stupidly went for the option of being issued with a new version of the same model. BIG mistake. Although, yet again, it arrived pretty rapidly in all fairness, it just proved to rub salt in the wounds, as I had not even got round to sending the first dud back, before I had another one sat there staring at me displaying the WRONG TIME barely minutes after setting the clock. I cannot believe the audacity of this company. I have been made a fool of, and now (literally) have to pay the price of submitting roughly x3 times the price of what they think is acceptable post & packaging refunds JUST to get rid of the shoddy things.

I hope that my other comment is not removed due to the fact that I will be copying and pasting this text into my second available review for which I have definitely earned.

WHAT A SHAME!! Hmm... is this how you spell 'Cuisinart'??