4.0 out of 5 stars A great 4 cup coffee maker !
I have owned several Mr. Coffee 4 cup models, going back to the one that looks like it was made in the 1970's (with the floating orange water indicator) - This one is the best one to date.

The high points:

4.0 out of 5 stars A great 4 cup coffee maker !, July 26, 2007
Justin (Palm Springs, CA USA) - See all my reviews

The high points:

1) It's small and light

2) While the lid is up, the water will simply cycle through the resovoir ( a great way to preheat your water is to simply keep the lid up while the machine is running until it gets (quite) hot - then close the lid. )

3) It came with a re-usable basket filter (a nice feature considering the machine was only ~ 20$)

The negative

1) The carafe is just a tad difficult to pour from. Do not get me wrong, if you concentrate and proceed with caution, it does function without error. However, without due attention you might notice some drops spilling over the edge. That said, when pouring out the last few ounces at the end you will feel the steam/vapor rising up to your hand - it is HOT.

For $20, I would reccomend it to everyone I know as the perfect 4 cup maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great replacement, July 6, 2009
I finally had to admit: My Krupps 4-cup coffee maker no longer made good coffee. I faithfully cleaned it with vinegar, kept coffee oils wiped off, but to no avail. After weeks I had to admit that the "Folger's in my cup" no longer had the power to make me sing. I turned to Community coffee--egads! How was this possible? Even my strong Louisiana coffee was lacking. Then I tried Starbuck's. No deal there either. OK, it's my old coffee maker, I thought. That made me sad--my long-time companion had to go.

I searched everywhere and finally settled on Mr. Coffee TF4-4-cup Switch Coffeemaker, white, of course, and couldn't be happier! With the very first cup, I was back in business--the business of taste and looking forward to that cup in the morning. I should say mug (equals about one and 1/2 cups of regular-sized coffee cups).

Here are the reasons I like this new coffee maker:
1. It is easy and convenient to lift the lid and place the filter.
2. Of course, putting coffee into the filter is easy, too!
3. What is superior about this unit is the water-free pour into the little tank. Sometimes I spilled a few drops of water with my old unit, but Mr. Coffee's carafe is designed to prevent spillage. The shape of the spout allows a good pour from one unit into the other.
4. The light right in front is an easy signal that the unit is either on or off.
5. Cleaning the unit is simple: Remove filter, remove basket, swipe through dishwater or rinse under running faucet, return to basket-holder.
6. But here's the best reason: Mr. Coffee makes a great pot of coffee!!

Now I can sing again: The best thing about waking up is Folger's in my cup and Mr. Coffee on my counter!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Proven Brand at a Bargain Price, January 9, 2010
I've owned an older generation 4-cup Mr. Coffee maker, and used it daily for 12 years. It worked perfectly! (I retired it only because it was getting too dirty to clean, after 12 years of use.) Amazing!
This newer sibling to the tried-and-true is thus far living up to the task, and very well I might add. I like how the lighted on/off switch is located on the front of the coffee maker, not hidden on the side where you have to feel for where it's placed. The reusable filter (included) is a nice extra - costing about 4 bucks if you buy separately. And it's much more convenient than the paper filters.
By the way, don't waste your money on a model with a timer. It's small 4-cup capacity brews a full pot in only five or six minutes. Simply click it on as soon as you wake up, and before you know it, coffee's ready!
I can whole-heartedly recommend Mr. Coffee. Anyone who can produce a coffee maker that lasts for 12 years has my vote!
Note: If you use a regular sized coffee mug and not the dainty little cups, you'll get about 2 1/2 servings per pot... just FYI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little coffee maker, December 8, 2011
This little coffee maker brews very good coffee. But there are three things to keep in mind in order to repeatedly get pleasant tasting coffee when using this coffee maker.

#1. Make sure you lightly clean the decanter & basket and brew 4 CUPS OF WATER before you ever make your first cup of coffee with this coffeemaker. This is important, and is right on page 2 of the directions.
I would bet that many people skip this step, and consequently wonder why the coffee they made has a subpar taste.

#2. Clean the coffee maker once a month. White vinegar works quite well. Again, the directions give the proper procedure.

#3. Keep in mind that with this coffeemaker, "one cup" of coffee = 5 ounces. If say, you want to drink 8 ounces of coffee(one measured cup) you should fill the reservoir to the 2 cup (10 ounce) mark. The paper filter absorbs around 2 ounces of water, so after brewing you are left with one "cup" of coffee.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., February 21, 2006
With my forced switch to decaf I needed a small coffee maker that would make two real cups (4 coffee maker cups). The Melitta take2me is a rather large machine, and was problematic in the consumer reviews. I couldn't find a Black & Decker Brew n' Go to look at. The TF4 is a small, very basic machine that brews as well as our larger coffee makers. The pause and pour feature works reasonably well. It uses the small basket filters. It's easy to clean. It does, however, require about five and a half minutes to brew a full pot. So far it is well worth the $15 invested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two SMALL flaws - but otherwise a GREAT value!, March 1, 2010
It's been a little over a YEAR since I bought this little guy. I just couldn't seem to jusitfy paying Starstruck or C-Store prices every morning, so I bought this machine for my office.

Here's the bottom line:

- Nice design. I used to think of Mr. Coffee as the "Yugo" of coffeemakers. This machine is well-built and attractive... nicer than it looks in the photos.

- The darn thing actually heats-up enough to brew a decent cup of joe!

- On the "downside":

1) There is a small notch / cutout on the rear of the unit that's supposed to prevent overfilling. It's just a little too "agressive"... if you FILL the machine to that notch, it does NOT fill the pot! Not a huge deal, but there's a SIMPLE fix: I just PLUGGED the cutout with a dab of silicone sealant. VOILA! Problem solved.

2) There's no Auto Shutoff. Knew that when I bought it. Obviously, this would add to the cost. I've forgotten to shut the machne off SEVERAL times. But - like I said - it's been over a year, and the darn thing is still tickin' !

NOTES:

- The "Four Cup" pot = 24 Ounces... which makes it a TWO CUP coffeemaker for some of us.
- A full four-cup brewing cycle = just shy of ten minutes. Relatively quick!

Overall a GREAT value.

UPDATE: DECEMBER 2013!

It's coming up on FOUR YEARS since I bought this machine. It's been used 3-to-5 days per week, about 48 weeks per year ever since. (Not used when I'm on vacation or traveling, etc.) It still performs just as good as it did when it was new, which continues to amaze (and delight) me, especially since I paid $14 bucks for it 2010!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good design lousy coffee, August 27, 2010
bland. I tried the same blend and measure on an older Krups
and it was excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best 4-cup available, May 28, 2010
Don (OC SoCal) - See all my reviews
When my beloved Krup 4-cup coffee maker broke -- my fault, not its -- I tried to replace it with another. No luck! No longer made.
The replacement choices were few and we were never happy with the Mr. Coffee that we have in our motorhome -- not because of performance but, rather, it's ugliness because it's white and has ugly stains.
The black Mr. Coffee that we ordered makes great coffee and looks good too. The only downside: its round glass carafe has a small opening and is harder to hand-wash than the straight-sided carafe on our old Krups.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing pot for the price., July 20, 2012
Atom Bomb (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Coffee TF4 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, White (Kitchen)
My ex left a boutique coffee pot when she moved out. I tried making a pot of coffee one morning only to have the pot puke its guts all over my kitchen floor 3 times. Hot water and coffee grounds are a real pain in the rear to clean off counter top, down a cabinet face and out of the cracks and crevices in hardwood flooring. Needless to say I was upset. That coffee pot was summarily executed in the backyard with a pistol. The neighbors weren't too happy about it but screw them, I have a gun.

I went to Walmart and purchased the cheapest coffee pot they had, which happened to be this one. My first pot of coffee turned out fantastic. I drink about 5 cups a morning so this is the perfect size for me. The only suggestion is to pour slowly otherwise you'll get dribbles down the side of the pot as you pour. That really rustles my jimmies but I can deal with it for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Carafe Handle Broke After A Few Months of Use!, April 19, 2009
I love the smallness of this unit, particularly as I am the only coffee-drinking person in the household! It is simple to use and easy to clean. Great for a quick morning coffee!

However I was very disappointed after purchasing this some months ago when the handle of the carafe became 'unattached', making it but unusable. I unsuccessfully tried many times to reattach it, which didn't work.

I have since purchased another brand - A beautiful Cooks brand from JC Penney on sale. Hopefully more luck with this one!

Mr. Coffee TF4 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, White