5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Coffee; 45 Cup Urn
Published on July 28, 2008 by Greg

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried TWO of these - would be great if they actually worked
Published on August 6, 2008 by Engnr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried TWO of these - would be great if they actually worked, August 6, 2008
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
I keep an office of 35 running, including coffee. I was very happy when I first bought this. It worked great, coffee tasted good, I only had to make coffee once in the morning. Unfortunately, a few weeks after we started using it, , it started "re-perking" my coffee when it wasn't supposed to, several times a morning, and burned it - YUK. I called Mr. Coffee and they sent another one out right away - great service. But the second one started doing the same thing. No more Mr. Coffee urns for this office!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Coffee; 45 Cup Urn, July 28, 2008
Greg (Carson, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
This is a great product. It is constructed well and brews 45 Cups within 30 minutes. We have only two issues. First, there was no mention as to the need for paper filters. The grounds that escape the basket during the brewing process (and there will be some) settle in the bottom of the urn. When the coffee urn is tilted slightly to empty the last 10 cups of coffee, the grounds follow. Second, beware the operator's manual calls for 3 3/4 cups of coffee grounds for 45 cups, however we found 2 1/4 cups much more to our liking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best urn I've used, March 4, 2008
Edith Hankel (the north woods) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
I teach writing classes and provide coffee for my students -- this is the best urn I've seen/tried -- and the "how much is left" gauge is so convenient. It also heats more quickly than any other urn I've had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy...needs better directions, January 18, 2007
Rich (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
The Mr. Coffee Urn performs quite well and delivers an excellent brew over a reasonably long period of time. The directions were not as clear as desired on how to operate the urn, on whether or not to use coffee filters, and they did not mention that the coffee basket will be pushed down (without breaking) when you attach the lid.

4.0 out of 5 stars PRAISES FOR THIS COFFEE POT, April 11, 2010
cherry ames (Long Island, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
I purchased this coffee urn for my church. We have used it for the past 5 Sundays. The coffee has been good, the pot is easy to use, it brews quickly & keeps the coffee at a good temperature. The water indicator in the front of pot is convenient for knowing the cup measurements. It is easy to clean, although removal of the urn's cover is initially puzzling until you get the hang of it.

I would purchase this again & would recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product At A Reasonable Price, November 26, 2008
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
I've been looking for a stainless steel coffee urn for a while, keeping my eye on prices. This product is exactly what I've been looking for; has a large capacity, completely stainless steel (including the filter basket), and works really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 19, 2008
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
The product is excellent! It makes great coffee in the morning for the 25 employees that it feeds. Every morning...fresh brewed coffee...can't complain!

4.0 out of 5 stars Was a great urn, December 30, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
My wife and I have owned a few coffee urns over the past two decades and the Mr. Coffee 45-cup urn was the best. It was attractive, reliable and study, even with heavy use. Ours would runs straight for 24 hours over a period of two or three days at a time. Similar usage caused low end urns to eventually corrode, leak, and in a couple of cases shorting dangerously, within two to three years. Conversely, the Mr. Coffee 45-cup urn has performed and held up well for several years at that rate before finally ceasing to heat.

Unfortunately, I can no longer give this product 5 stars. According to the only service center in our area, Mr. Coffee is no longer providing replacement parts related to the heating unit. So, whereas it may last longer than other brands, once this coffee urn breaks, unless it's still under the replacement warrantee, it's toast. As a result, we're considering starting our shopping research from scratch rather than just buying another Mr. Coffee urn outright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works and Looks Great, March 23, 2008
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
Although I've used this only one time, it was just great. Easy to use, kept coffee hot but not too hot, and it looks so much better than the average coffee urn.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine when it did, March 26, 2011
This review is from: Mr. Coffee CBTU45 45-Cup Stainless Steel Urn (Kitchen)
This coffee urn did make good coffee, was easy to use and clean, and I thought was fairly well made. Problem is 2 years down the road it is no longer working and in need of parts and the only part available is the spigot for $9 which is not what I need. I figured that for about $100 it should have lasted better than 2 years and if I could get the parts I at least would still be able to fix and use it. Heat element inside corroded so badly and now it will not perk and just heats the water in the bottom.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›