Mr. Coffee JWTX85 8-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Stainless Steel
Color Name: SilverChange
Price:$38.18 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 22, 2012
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
We love the simple, straightforward features & design of this Mr. Coffee. Brew strength option is a nice bonus. 8 cup thermal carafe if perfect for 2 or 3 people; keeps coffee fresh for several hours and does not consume any electricy to keep it warm. Even with setting on strong ( brew strengh ) 8 cups are ready in a couple minutes! We've been using for a couple months with no complaints.
on December 4, 2012
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
This thermal coffeemaker is very surprising. Usually its microwaved coffee after 2 hours, but NOT with this one.
It was still hot 2 hours later. Yes the top is a little hard to open to dispense the coffee, but that is the reason that
the collee was still hot after 2 hours. The coffee brews in less time than our old 4 cup Mr. Coffee. The coffee
actually tastes better with this unit because you can choose a stronger setting instead of using more coffee, and I like
that option. We do not use the programming function as we are not on a fixed schedule (retired). I would highly
recommend this coffeemaker to anyone who is looking to replace their coffeemaker.
on March 13, 2012
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
We purchased this coffeemaker for our motorhome. No need to worry about a glass pot breaking while traveling. It is absolutely perfect. Small enough to fit on the small counter. Makes a great cup of coffee. Be sure to always warm the carafe first...I put HOT water in it and let it sit a few mintues while I'm putting in the grounds and water. I then pour out the hot water and it makes our coffee very hot and delicious....Great little coffemaker!
on April 7, 2013
Color Name: Silver
We have owned this coffee maker for over two years and use it at least daily.

First, the hole in the back (there are actually two of them) are drains to prevent you from putting more water into the reservoir than will fit in the carafe. Better to spill clean cold water on your counter than hot black coffee.

Second, I have never been dissatisfied with the temperature of the coffee when first brewed, but the stainless carafe has significant heat capacity. If it's been sitting in your Vancouver apartment (thermostat=67F(19.4C) before you throw it under the brewer, it will seriously impact the final product temperature. My practice (and I recommend this to all) is to run hot water from the tap into the carafe just before brewing to warm it up. Let it run over the outside as well. This will increase the temperature just off the brew and, of course, the coffee will stay acceptably warm for a longer period of time. Do remember to dump this hot water out before putting the carafe back into the maker.

The lid of the carafe can be difficult to fully open and close. My wife has arthritis in her hands and it gives her difficulty. On ours, at least, I have found that it is the tightest in the last 90 degrees of turn or so. Snugging it down only to that point does not seem to hurt the temperature of the coffee or the function of the check valve on the bottom of the grounds basket. Our experience with that valve (that allows you to safely remove the carafe while coffee is brewing), has been perfect.

PROS: We have been consistently satisfied with the coffee this thing makes. It is quick and the quantity in this unit is excellent for two people: two large mugs worth in one pot with little waste. The stainless carafe is quite durable and the unit is generally attractive enough that we don't have to hide it. It has some very usable features: turn itself on in the morning and make you a pot, has a self-cleaning feature and gives you a choice between regular and strong brew (though I do not know what that actually does). We have always used the strong brew setting but would do that with any coffee maker. I would recommend this to a friend and would buy another if need be.

CONS: Several problems are due to the presence of that valve at the bottom of the grounds basket that allows you to remove the carafe mid-brew. If you take the carafe away long enough that the grounds basket fills to the top, when you replace the carafe, coffee will rush down out of the basket faster than it gets into the carafe and you get a mess (and a potential scalding). If you simply fail to replace the carafe or never put it there in the first place, the basket will overflow and grounds will spill out inside the maker.
Once grounds have spilled inside the unit, you will find that it is difficult to clean. You can simply rinse them all down into the reservoir where they will eventually come back up the hot water tube and land in your basket (you will see this happen when you run the thing through a cleaning cycle). I usually resort to removing the carafe and the basket and then picking the whole thing up, taking it to the sink and using the sprayer to flush out the reservoir. Mind that spraying water where the basket had been sitting can get you wet as the drain hole is no longer blocked by the basket's check valve. Be that as it may, I can't think that I have ever used or even seen a coffee maker that was easy to clean after an internal grounds spill.

General coffee advice: brew your coffee STRONG. Keep a pot of hot water handy to dilute it if need be.

Take care and have a nice day.
on November 21, 2012
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
Fantastic! Love the stainless steal Carafe pot! Perfect amount of coffee for two people who enjoy it every single morning.
on May 27, 2013
Color Name: ChromeVerified Purchase
I purchased this bout a month ago and I'm very pleased with it. I also like the strong or regular brew feature. Nice to set it on a pot holder and on the table for convenience and I can turn the coffee maker off to save a little electricity.
on February 7, 2013
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
Every morning when I get up and make coffee, I think " I love this coffee pot" and I think of some of the negative reviews it got, followed by I should right a review myself. So, I am. I really cannot think of anything to complain about. It works, and I waited awhile to make sure it continued to do so. The hole on top of the pot may be a bit small, like a thermos, but a bottle brush will do the trick. The coffee is good and it looks great. I don't have to buy little cups of coffee to use with it, and it matches my refrigerator. I am one happy Mr. Coffee Amazon customer. If anything changes, I will repost.
UPDATE: 6/17/13 - My ardor has dampened. This coffee maker will no longer brew a whole pot of coffee without shutting off and beeping, necessitating the continuous pushing of the button to get a pot of coffee in the morning. Another reviewer with the same problem got a replacement from the company, but it did the same thing. Not much hope. Sorry to those who may have been encouraged by my previous review. I no longer can recommend this coffee maker.
on November 24, 2012
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
This is one of the best coffeemakers I've ever used. Brew time is less than 5 minutes, and the best part, it doesn't burn! The only drawback is the coffee doesn't stay as hot, since it's not constantly being heated by a plate. No big deal. It takes a while for it to cool down. Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase.
on February 18, 2014
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
First of all, the coffee it makes tastes good, and the controls are very simple and straightforward to use.

But it is worthless, because no matter how careful one is, at least every week or two the coffee maker "malfunctions" and coffee pours out all over the kitchen counter and floor instead of into the carafe. This is due to a number of reasons:

1. If the carafe is not centered precisely under the maker, the coffee does not flow into the tiny hole on top of the carafe cover but onto the counter
2. The spout that drips the hot water onto the grounds has a wide spray pattern, and often sprays the water behind the paper filter, collapsing it inwards. At that point, the water does not drip through to the carafe but overflows within the coffee maker, along with much of the grounds. What a mess!
3. Any mess inside the coffee maker cannot be cleaned because of the complicated interior shape. It is all one, complicated "hole" with lots of ridges and nooks and corners, impossible to clean or dry. When grounds end up outside the basket, there is no way to clean them.

Now the other bad things. The carafe keeps the coffee "warm", rather than hot! Okay for fifteen minutes, but if you go back for another cup after a half hour, it will be tepid.

The worst thing for us is the because of its nooks and crannies the water chamber never drys (since it is so deep and convoluted), so within a week it started smelling moldy. We eventually learned we have to leave the lid open for the rest of the day after using the coffee maker, so the inside dries out (thus avoiding the moldy smell).

Another minus-- the design of the carafe. It is impossible to pour a cup without a drop or two dripping down the side of the carafe afterwards, no matter how careful one is, and so staining the table or tablecloth. And the carafe is so convex that one has to remove the lid and turn it almost completely upside down to get the last cup.
on January 21, 2013
Color Name: ChromeVerified Purchase
I bought this as I am the only one that drinks coffee in my family and I did not want the big 10-12 cup maker. I gave this a 4 star as the one thing that is annoying is that the paper filter tends to fold over and you end up with grounds in the pot. I use a perminent filter as well as the paper one so it is not too bad for me as the grounds just go into the permanent filter. This was not listed in the reviews that I read or I might not have gotten this coffe maker other than that it is a good coffer maker.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations