4.0 out of 5 stars Experieced User Still Likes It
Published on November 11, 2012 by C. E. Chapman

1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck finding coffee
I purchased this model for my grandmother for Christmas... Turns out it is a Hospitality Model that takes special filter packs that are only sold in bulk to hotels etc.. Now I am stuck with a coffee maker that I cant use or return.. Would have been nice if this would have been listed in the item discreption !!
Published 22 months ago by Kipps4

4.0 out of 5 stars Experieced User Still Likes It, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
The single bad review of this product is far off the mark. "Received it today" is a clue that the reviewer just might be clueless. I have owned and used a white version of this Mr. Coffee CPC model for at least four years. It works and it works flawlessly. The removable filter holder takes small-sized Melita filters just fine. (You can leave the filter out to get a cup of hot water for tea VERY quickly.) The complaint that the filter holder has only one hole is ridiculous. One hole is all that is needed. Any more and the water might pass through the coffee grounds too quickly.

The cup space is high enough for a large cup or mug, although a tall cylindrical travel mug won't fit. (I don't find it too difficult to pour from a brewed cup into a travel mug.)

One plus this unit has over many other one-cup brewers is that it turns off automatically.

One negative is that is it possible to over-fill the reservoir. This is avoided by using the same cup to fill the reservoir as will receive the brewed coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefer this over Keurig models, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
I purchased both the Keurig (Costco model) and a single serve Keurig for my office. The single serve model is more trouble than it's worth and quickly went to the break table where no one uses it. While staying in Anchorage at the Captain Cook hotel, I was provided this single serve Mr. Coffee and absolutely loved it! The unit used Starbucks coffee pods (not K cups) and made excellent coffee quickly. I used a 12 ounce paper cup supplied by the hotel to measure and pour in the water, then set the cup underneath for the fresh brewed coffee. I know there has to be coffee pods available for this unit and I plan to buy both them and this unit for my office. Don't use a pod and you will have almost instant hot water for your tea or other beverages. Can't beat simple!

4.0 out of 5 stars Uses regular coffee, March 31, 2013
Chris Carswell (gainesville, florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
I see other consumers rate this low because of the mistaken belief it takes only pods or pre-made packets. Not true. It has a permanent filter in it to use regular coffee grounds. The pods/packets are just another option. See the Sunbeam website for on-line manual. We've had one of these machines for about 20+ years! First used at home, now at our cabin. This machine, as well as the single Black&Decker machine (~$20), works great for a single cup. We use the B&D one at home, after taking this one to the cabin. You won't be disappointed with either.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 14, 2014
This review is from: Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
Grandma LOVES it - we bought it for her for Christmas :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 16, 2014
works great

1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck finding coffee, January 15, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr Coffee single serve, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
I ordered this based on (limited) information shown - needed a unit to make single "to go" cups using my ground coffee. I thought this was it. Received it today and it was a big disappointment. The "permanent filter" is not any kind of filter at all, just a holder for pods or other expensive kinds of coffee. It only has a single hole in the bottom and no paper or other filters available around here will fit in it. The opening is barely 6 inches in height, so only a very short cup will fit in the opening - not any kind of travel mug. It's just another piece of overpriced imported copycat brewer bearing a well-known name. Not worth the money or the time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not buy this item thanks to negative review by other customer, December 3, 2012
Lloyd (Austin, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
I'm looking for a single cup coffee maker that does not use pods but uses ground coffee instead. The description for this coffee maker did not specify that it uses pods. However, another reviewer and owner, indicated that it does use pods. Thanks!

Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker