Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mr. Dj PSA2500MP3 15-Inch 2500 Watts Max Power Speaker Built in LCD/Remote Control/ MP3/USB/SD Card Slot/Microphone
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 4, 2012
I must say that you get what you pay for. I was afraid to purchase it as it had limited reviews, but I figured for $200 wth. Decided to buy it as a source of 'sound' during a family party.

I have worked with a mobile DJ in the past and was not expecting top notch quality, but I was impressed for what I got for $200. Upon recieving, the package was really beat up, luckly the product did not seem to be damaged. I immediatley started the sound test out. I would consider 3/4 volume as being 100%, anything over is pure distortation. Depending on the volume level you can get a decent sound of bass out of it, but once the volume goes up, the bass must go do or pure distortation. I left the trebel and bass gains at flat and ended up with a decent sound quality at 3/4 volume. I had the speaker placed in the center of my house (3100 sq/ ft) and tried an array of music (rock, country, rap, etc...) and I was surprised by the sound. A single speaker filled the entire house with sound, and within an hour doing some work in another room I started to get some ringing in the ears. I ran it for about an hour out of the box as if I were at a party or wedding (3/4 volume). Room temp was 79 degrees, no fans. Within 3 AC/DC songs the heat fans on the amp were hot to touch...but maintained the temp. (I would imagine if you were in sunlight outside a direct fan blowing on the speaker would be needed). I left the speaker playing for about 5 hours at an easy listening volume...everything sounded fine. At the end of the night the floor peg broke off while wheeling it into the house (poor design). Not ready to return it over the broken foot peg, but will not forget about the mfg warranty (1 yr?) as for the price I am not convinced nothing else will break over the year. 2500 watts is absolutely crazy. I have used a 2500 watt system before and the mfg is crazy to even claim that. I would say a realistic guess of 300 watts +/-.

Packaging = 0/5 - Only the top and the bottom are protected by styrofoam and the speaker is in a bag. Nothing protecting the sides (all 4) of the product

Pros:
1. Cheap
2. Loud (but you get distortation pretty quick with the bass turned up)
3. Has wheels with four floor foot pegs (look in the cons about the foot pegs)
4. SD memory card slot, input, and microphone
5. Remote control - only works on the SD memory card slot. Has absolutely no functionality for any other input
6. Microphone - don't expect any sort of quality, but it was 'free'

Cons:
1. When volume for any input is turned all the way down, you still hear it...so if you wanted to use the mictorphone to make an announcement you would need to turn off the music or you will hear it faintly.
2. The foot pegs do not balance the speaker well upright. Can lean it back to be at a 45 degree angle or use a pole to support it. One of the footpegs broke off after first day of testing (not even full use).
3. Remote control only works for sd card (or USB, but not tested).
4. Clip meter in front of speaker (can easily cover w/ tape though)

All-in-all 4/5. Surprisingly impressed for what $200 bucks got me. Outdoor test to come. Will leave a review after.
on April 18, 2012
I have had this product for over a week and used it most every day. It is more than advertised. After only 2 uses of about 1 hour the product blew a fuse. There was a replacement fuse in the fuse holder, replaced it and turned it on and it blew that one. Contacted Amazon the next day and they shipped another new item that day. Got the second one in and it had the same damage to the shipping box that the first one had and the outer plastic cover had been damaged. So far the second one is still working after about 1 hour of use, and it sounds great. Fingers crossed.

Update: Well the second one blew it's fuse after about 2 hours of actual use. Contacted Amazon for another replacement and they said to return the failed item and until we can review the problem with the returned product they would not ship me another one in fear that it would to fail. I notice on the product description page Amazon has posted this notice. The said they will return all of my cost and let me know when they feel confident to ship another one if I choose. It is a great idea and product if they could just fix the current issues. They also need to change the shipping box with more protection.

Update: Returned the item a second time! However Amazon returned my money with a full refund. Working with their customer service has been a good experience, they are good at their word.
review image review image
on June 7, 2012
Ok so I read the reviews and was afraid to order this speaker. But I got it anyway,and I'm so sorry I did. It sounds loud and clear,but the red light clip indicator keeps blinking with the base hardly turned on at 25%. I only played it for about 30 mins 2 times. I just get a feeling the amp might blow,and then what? It get really HOT,and there's no fan or air vents for the amp. Located on the back panel.
And btw, the mic that comes with this unit,is awfull. And brakes apart in my hand. This is going back. Lesson learned. I want my money back.
on May 16, 2012
This speaker has great, clear sound. Just plug it in, attach an i-pod, and you're ready to party party party! I bought a portable external power unit from Amazon as well (Schumacher PP-2200 Portable Outdoor Power Unit). Together they are the dynamic duo! I can throw a party anywhere! In the middle of a park or my backyard this lil speaker delivers! I thought I would need a second speaker, but one is sufficient for at least 30 yards!
on July 27, 2012
I have at least 30 of these Powered speakers and I Rent them out along with party supplies, they sound great and are durable enough to last my customers abuse. As far as them getting warm, they do get warm but that's what a heat-sink is supposed to do. The price on Amazon is unbelievable, I would recommend buying these on this web site all day.
on April 30, 2012
Product works as advertised. Very compact and easy to use. Sound is awesome for the price. The memory stick and SD slot make it convenient to play music. All in all, I am very satistied with this purchase.
on December 20, 2012
They werent working why would you send something that is not working at all??? Worst decision ever dont buy this product
on April 7, 2015
very great and all but not what I expected but it is the noise that clear and the bass is way too little for the size of the horn, I preferred to sell.
on May 8, 2012
I think I got a defective one, have to return it to Amazon and have ordered a replacement. I really like it hopefully I will be able to enjoy the replacement. 5-8-12

5/10/2012 : got the replacement there is no noise or loud pop when turning on. Played for 2 hours and sounds nice, can't play it loud have to be a good neighbor.

I'm using a small fan to keep it cool, afraid that it may overheat. Big test will be this weekend.