5.0 out of 5 stars Dont use for Diesel!
I always laugh when i see that huge disclaimer on the packaging. Like the sky is going to fall or something if you get it near diesel.
Published on June 27, 2010 by skark_burmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time and money! It worked for 10 miles. -
Published on March 11, 2008 by DLBise

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont use for Diesel!, June 27, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
I dont know why its there as i have been using these pumps for the last 8 or so years, and only in a 100% diesel environment. This is to include all the way from 100% bio-diesel, 100% SVO and 100% #2 diesel and mixtures of all three in a dizzying array of quantities.
One word of caution though. Ditch the joke of a filter that the pump comes with, and place this pump after a real fuel filter. You'll be amazed the garbage floating in your tank, the stock "filter" will clog easily and you'll choke off your fuel supply. If you put it after a 10 micron filter, you'll have no problem for years and years.
You'll also want to mount the pump on some sort of rubber isolators, cause if you just slap it on your fender liner the noise will get old in a hurry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time and money! It worked for 10 miles. -, March 11, 2008
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
I bought this pump in August and installed on my car, it's a '72 model. I drove the car to the Expo and back -- almost 10 miles. I parked the car until October. The fuel pump would not work, this would have been the second time the pump was used. I returned the pump with the receipt to Auto Zone. They would not refund or exchange it. I was sure it was defective considering the little bit of use it had. I argued with the manager at Zone Zone and swore to never to any business with them again. I bought the same pump from O'Reily's and replaced the one I bought in August. I drove the car 4 miles that day and then parked it for 3 weeks. I went to move the car, and nothing, the second pump was out. Lucky for me it was within the 30 days this time. I got my money back from O'Reily's and replaced it with an Air-Tec, which has worked fine 5 times with the longest period of non use being Nov. 20 - Jan. 18.
Don't waste your money. You will be sorry if you buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what I wanted it to do, December 19, 2007
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
I have an old farm truck that sits sometimes for a couple of weeks without being started, and the fuel drains back out of the carburetor bowl and lines. Then it requires a lot of cranking by the starter before the engine will start.
I bought this pump and wired it to a toggle switch so I could turn it on to preprime the line and bowl before trying to start the truck so as to save wear and tear on the starter and battery. Once started, this pump is turned off, and the engine-run pump handles the transfer of the fuel.
It was cheap, easy to install and works perfectly.
I am very satisfied with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Gasket Electric Fuel Pump, April 10, 2009
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
I use this pump for transferring gas to and from my boats, and it works as advertised at +/- 40 gph.

1.0 out of 5 stars no good, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
Don't waste your money I installed on welder worked good first time. WEEK LATER IT WOULDN'T PUMP IT ISN'T WORTH THE TIME AND TROUBLE.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
This pump says 4-7 psi. Count on 4 flat, that is until you hit WOT then it bogs to 3 psi and creates a very dangerous lean condition. threw a Carter pump on instead. Now I have a $35 fuel transfer pump I guess. Bottom line, if you require more than 3 psi at WOT, you may not want to chance wasting your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars zero stars, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
I ordered this before I saw the reviews....yup...an absolute POS....lasted about 20 minutes and died ..dead....kaput!!...now...If I can just find my receipt...

1.0 out of 5 stars worst item I think I have ever purchased, needs major overhall and inspection before sending out, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
This product did not perform like I had hoped. It has a bad leak in the valve next to where the wires come out which can cause a serious injury and well as an explosion. My husband had to stop using it immediately. I will be returning this product for credit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Gasket fuel pump for Chevy truck., July 3, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
I put this in my old Chevy 58 pickup and it started right up, it is working very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars fuel pump, April 6, 2008
This review is from: Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump (Automotive)
This fuel pump worked in place of the existing fuel pump on my APU. It works great. Highly recommended!

Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump